Missing Maps from CK's Guide to Haunted Highlands

All things about the Haunted Highlands!
Omote
Battle Stag

Missing Maps from CK's Guide to Haunted Highlands

Post by Omote »

HH fans, there was some discussion a while back regarding a couple of missing maps from the CK's Guide to HH. I seem to recall the Trolls saying that they were going to provide a HH Map Pack to backers of the Kickstarter project. Perhaps that was back in May/June 2014. Has there been any word on that? Did that already happen and I missed out on it? Were these maps to be distributed electronically?

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Missing Maps from CK's Guide to Haunted Highlands

Post by Arduin »

Never heard of any maps missing from the CKG
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I have checked into it, there are two that I can find that are missing from the CK's Guide to the Haunted Highlands. In the book, they are two blank pages where clearly maps should go. Maybe I should check the Haunted Highlands Kickstarter.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Haunted Highlands Kickstarter wrote:Update #33 Apr 30 2014
C&C Haunted Highlands Update
9 comments Like 2 likes
Greetings from the Dens,

Today I received my third email/message about the Haunted Highlands books, specifically the Castle Keepers Guide to the Haunted Highlands. It seems that there were four blank pages in the manuscript that the printer, nor our final proofers, caught. These blank pages all included maps for the various adventures.

This came to our attention after we had shipped the bulk of the books to backers. We've gone through our boxes here and they are all misprinted. We were hoping that some were not, but I'm beginning to think that it is not to be so.

For this mishap, I'm truly sorry. It really should not have occurred. Peter, Casey and myself all passed through this book and missed the blank pages. My best guess is that a page was added or removed at one point after layout, and it knocked off the double page map spreads, making them bleed off page..though that is only a guess. Regardless of why, it shouldn't have passed our attention.

To make up for this everyone who backed this project will receive a copy of the Cartographers Book, all 50+ maps from the Highlands CK Guide. Hopefully this will cover the loss of the maps within the book, though I know it still leaves a hole in the book.

I hope this makes the product usable. And again I apologize for this mistake.

Tim and I are discussing how to best safeguard against this in the future and looking at multiple layers of proofers.

Steve
VAE VICTUS!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I'm fairly certain there is map booklet, but you'd have to check with Stephen or Tim about availability.

BoomerET
Hlobane Orc

Post by BoomerET »

You can grab the map pack (digital) for free:
https://www.trolllord.com/tlgstore/#!/~ ... d=36761941

BoomerET

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

This is one of the few times that getting TLG Kickstarter products shipped after all the U.S. pledgers get theirs, work in my favour. I got the printed version of the "Map Pack" with my order. So, yes it does (Did?) exist.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

BoomerET
Hlobane Orc

Post by BoomerET »

My KS Backer level came with the printed map pack.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I didn't get a printed Map Pack, but thank you so much for the FREE cartography download. Good eye.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

BoomerET wrote:My KS Backer level came with the printed map pack.
Same here. Sorry I missed this thread and I did not report earlier, Omote.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

It's no problem. I checked with Troll Personnel Dept. Alpha and they said that they did not send me a copy, but would be happy to get me one out. That was cool. I need it! I'll be at the ole GenCon next week so I will pick up my copy there. Now, my Haunted Highland campaign gets closer and closer to fruition.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

BoomerET
Hlobane Orc

Post by BoomerET »

Glad I could help out getting that map pack (digi) to you quicker!

As an aside, Necomancer Games is currently running a Kickstarter for 5th Ed.

Casey (ie, Mr. HH, aka Dirty Bowbe) and James H. Ward, both well-known C&C contributors, are creating adventures hopefully.

I'm all in!

BoomerET

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I don't recall ever getting the digital form of the maps, so thanks for making me aware of the free DL. I also got the map pack with my supporter level.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.