Switch to full style
All things about the Haunted Highlands!
Post a reply

Haunted Highlands: Dro Mandras

Wed May 02, 2007 2:53 am

I may have glossed over it, I'm not sure.

But what sized city is Dro Mandras? As the capitol, I'm assuming its a pretty decent sized place (or the non-ruined part at least)
EDIT: Also, how far south of Dro Mandras is the humoind forces/area of the orcish King Yorgach?

Doh, 2nd Edit: The Tower of Nesturon? Serve in any capacity as a wizard school??

Answers

Thu May 03, 2007 3:12 am

Prior to the invasion around 12,000 permanent adult residence, when the Duke's personal cohort army and ( not ) counting those personal armies of his various knights and lords who dwell in the villages and hamlets of the east and west.

Post invasion those numbers are significantly less with about 4000 permanent residents and several thousand refugees and the duke's vanguard being deployed north or in ships waiting to land as part of a siege breaking tactic.

Due to the siege conditions there aren't many shops and that sort of thing open for actual business as the resources are being poured into defense.

The Tower of Nesturon and its enclosed villiage do indeed serve as a magical academy of sorts. Its mostly a closed society till someone graduates to 1st level .

I use it currently as the "place where most wizards" who start in HH campaigns come from. THeir backstory prior to admission to the Tower is their own. The tower itself is accessible only to Nesturon but surrounding towers are occupied by various apprentices of decent power. The Duke's court magician is a graduate of the academy.

Monks come from the east (as its most comfortable to generic sensibilities for them to come from that direction) beyond mountain passes that lead past Yorgach's Fist... the fortress home of the current orc invaders. Have been cooking up a variety of secret societies that the monk class may join or become part of with a very cool history/purpose and intent that can be used campaign wise.

Yorgach's fist is actually to the east and you can find it on the main map.

Case

Thu May 03, 2007 4:12 am

I placed HH in Erde northwest of the United Kingdoms, north of the Aenochian Forest. Along the river. So the kingdom to the North (Augsburg) is where my Dro Mindras is located. I haven't decided what name it is going to go by in Erde.

All hostilities have been with Aufstrag.

So that is how I adapted it to Erde and still get to use most of what Case wrote in the 3 mods.

BTW, Capt. Slaughter is currently in custody at Dirty Bowbe's.

For now.

Thu May 03, 2007 4:15 am

Cool! Great info, thanks Case.

..............................................Omote

FPQ
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society

Thu May 03, 2007 11:00 am

Great information, thanks!

So I take it the siege is still active then? If so, I'm assuming it is somewhat loose in ways as there are a few mentioned in DB2 about recent excursions from the city to the crater.

Anyways, this week has been the first time I really dug through the modules. Very nice work. Any idea when DB4 will be out?Its supposed to be about Dro Mandras isn't it?

Also, how many modules can we expect to see in the series? Is there a list somewhere of rough generalizations of what they might entails. For Example:

DB 482: Details a sweet new kobold skating rink.

Nothing too specific, just an idea of what we can look forward to seeing?

Thu May 03, 2007 12:57 pm

DangerDwarf wrote:
Also, how many modules can we expect to see in the series? Is there a list somewhere of rough generalizations of what they might entails. For Example:

DB 482: Details a sweet new kobold skating rink.

Nothing too specific, just an idea of what we can look forward to seeing?



Somewhere 'round here DB did in fact post a nice, general outline on the HH series. I can't to locate it, but I remember thier being the following:

x2 Mods on Dro Mandras

x1 Mod detailing villages and the surrounding HH wilderness

x1 Mod of eeeeeviiiilllleee spells and various stuff

x1 Mod that would include mass-combat rules.

That's all I can remember. Maybe one or more of these mods were supposed to be combined together. It's been a few months since Case posted his general outline.

...............................................Omote

FPQ
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:36 pm

Omote wrote:
...

x2 Mods on Dro Mandras

x1 Mod detailing villages and the surrounding HH wilderness

x1 Mod of eeeeeviiiilllleee spells and various stuff

x1 Mod that would include mass-combat rules.

...



Can anyone 'in the know' give an indication of when these might be published?

Thanks!
_________________
While it is unlikely to interest most of you, here is my 'cunning' blog: http://dailyakrasia.blogspot.com/

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm

Not until Steve's plate gets a little less full. He's currently extremely busy with some products, and has to focus on getting them out, but after... well, the bid is high that anything finished (ie, written) goes into the pipeline. I can't speak for Bowbe, but I'd guess the majority of his stuff is written... dude's a fountain of creative goodness.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:41 pm

serleran wrote:
Not until Steve's plate gets a little less full. He's currently extremely busy with some products, and has to focus on getting them out ...



I haven't been paying attention lately. What products might these be? Not the mythical CKG, by chance?

_________________
While it is unlikely to interest most of you, here is my 'cunning' blog: http://dailyakrasia.blogspot.com/

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Well, Davis is on that one, but Steve has been busy on things like the 3rd print PHB, 2nd print M&T (the C&C foundations), C&C Basic, Airdhe stuff (the Miasmal Wyrms thing recently, but a "Monsters of Airdhe" book as discussed in General), M&T II (he's got to go through the manuscript and make whatever changes/additions he feels are needed) and a whole slew of other things, which I cannot talk about (because they're not announced.) Oh, one other rather major thing is CZ and the Yggsburgh Project, and Free RPG Day material in hopes to get more people attracted to C&C.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:15 pm

Don't forget the After Winter's Dark Folio! ... sweeet.

...........................................Omote

FPQ
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society

Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:10 am

Word is editing is finished on Dro Mandras, Peter is finishing artwork and is really close to having the cover done.

Case

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:23 am

Bowbe wrote:
Word is editing is finished on Dro Mandras, Peter is finishing artwork and is really close to having the cover done.

Case



I hope this gets printed soon. I'm pretty sure I will need it in a few weeks, let alone the months from now when it will likely get printed.

Case, you need anything playtested involving a map of Dro Mandras? Everyone in my Monday Haunted Highlands SKYPE game is from this board, so we can give you some good playtest feedback.

I would be happy with just a map. If not I think I have plenty of "cities" in my RPG book repertoire to use as a substitute. Would Baldurs Gate be a good substitute?
_________________
The Ruby Lord, Earl of the Society

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:52 am

Treebore wrote:
I hope this gets printed soon. I'm pretty sure I will need it in a few weeks, let alone the months from now when it will likely get printed.

Case, you need anything playtested involving a map of Dro Mandras? Everyone in my Monday Haunted Highlands SKYPE game is from this board, so we can give you some good playtest feedback.

I would be happy with just a map. If not I think I have plenty of "cities" in my RPG book repertoire to use as a substitute. Would Baldurs Gate be a good substitute?



*chuckles* The map is the most ticklish part of doing the finish up of the city.

Its approx 1500 feet across. Split by a river and a rather eclecticly laid out set of buildings. Soooo... ya. Its in progress.
_________________
"We'll go out through the kitchen!" Tanis Half-Elven

Peter Bradley

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:52 pm

gideon_thorne wrote:
*chuckles* The map is the most ticklish part of doing the finish up of the city.

Its approx 1500 feet across. Split by a river and a rather eclecticly laid out set of buildings. Soooo... ya. Its in progress.



right now I would be happy with a sloppy, but pretty accurate, hand drawn version just so I can maintain the continuity of the adventure series.

From your basic description it sounds lke I have a decent stand in. Silverymoon.
_________________
The Ruby Lord, Earl of the Society

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Post a reply