View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:32 pm



Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications 
Author Message
Unkbartig
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:01 pm
Posts: 829
Location: NE Wisconsin
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
The Grey Elf wrote:
Updated thread with final errata for the Gen Con 2012 pre-release version, all PDF versions, and final first print softcover. See PDF download link.


I just redownloaded my PDF from DTRPG, and I'm still seeing some of those errata. Has that PDF not been updated yet?


Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:39 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
What with the second printing out now, I don't know that they're going to do any more work on the first print.

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Okay, folks, the second print debuted at Gen Con, and we've begun collecting errata. So far there are only two for the core book, and these are as always in the first post of the thread. As more are found, you know where they will be!

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 pm
Profile
Mist Elf

Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:52 am
Posts: 35
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
I received my AA books and started a game here at home: The heart of Yhitll in the core book. So far the kids and I love it. We have many ideas on tailoring the game to be more futuristic (we also found the Science Fiction section in the revised rule book for lasers and such). Anyway...I also purchased the module Day of the Worm and have been reading it so as to continue what we started. It appears there are many typos in this module.

Page 3 second paragraph of Act One: "...they are a loosely-connectedloosely connected network..."
Page 6 paragraph 5 of Down The Rabbit Hole: "...side (Amazing Adventures, p.[?])..." which page is that?
Page 6 paragraph 11 of Down The Rabbit Hole: "...If the group askgroup asks..." and then "...machine might lielay..."
Page 7 paragraph 6 of Off To Egypt!: "...in the form of communiquescommuniques..."
Page 8 paragraph 1 of The Valley Of Kings: "...wrong place. The stehlessteles ...."
Page 9 second item in list on left: "...(Sthough see the passage..."
page 10 second paragraph of The Burial Chamber: "...remain pristenepristine..."
page 11 second paragraph of Running The Battle: starts out with "AsSo long..."
map on page 5 does not have three corridors and is somewhat difficult to understand based on the description on page 8


Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:28 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Thanks! I've actually now included these in the top post, along with a link to more accurate maps.

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:56 pm
Profile
Red Cap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 am
Posts: 225
Location: South Carolina
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Amazing Adventures (2nd printing)

Top of page 49, second column of text "modern aumages..." I am assuming this should be modern homage...

The weapon table on page 55 has a minor typo as well "reciever", instead of "receiver".

I'll post others as I come across them, and remember to do so. Still reading through the book now, so might take a while.

Again, these things are not a big deal to me, but since Jason asked...


Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:49 am
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
pawndream wrote:
Amazing Adventures (2nd printing)

Top of page 49, second column of text "modern aumages..." I am assuming this should be modern homage...


Nope. "Aumage" is the correct term. It's normally used in film, but it does apply to literature as well. In the end, however, it's French (I believe) for "homage," so there you have it. ;).

Quote:
The weapon table on page 55 has a minor typo as well "reciever", instead of "receiver".


Good catch. Added to the errata post. Thanks!

Quote:
I'll post others as I come across them, and remember to do so. Still reading through the book now, so might take a while.

Again, these things are not a big deal to me, but since Jason asked...

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:05 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Ugh. Found a number of errata all on one page in the Companion. Mostly typos and layout stuff, but it's still a bit embarrassing. I'll get it posted up later this afternoon.

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:28 pm
Profile
Red Cap
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:25 am
Posts: 225
Location: South Carolina
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
The Grey Elf wrote:
pawndream wrote:
Amazing Adventures (2nd printing)

Top of page 49, second column of text "modern aumages..." I am assuming this should be modern homage...


Nope. "Aumage" is the correct term. It's normally used in film, but it does apply to literature as well. In the end, however, it's French (I believe) for "homage," so there you have it. ;).


Okay. I actually checked two different physical dictionaries on that word, because I had never seen it written that way. Looking online I did not see it at either.

I knew what the word was, from context, when reading the sentence, but it definitely stood out.


Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:00 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
pawndream wrote:
The Grey Elf wrote:
pawndream wrote:
Amazing Adventures (2nd printing)

Top of page 49, second column of text "modern aumages..." I am assuming this should be modern homage...


Nope. "Aumage" is the correct term. It's normally used in film, but it does apply to literature as well. In the end, however, it's French (I believe) for "homage," so there you have it. ;).


Okay. I actually checked two different physical dictionaries on that word, because I had never seen it written that way. Looking online I did not see it at either.

I knew what the word was, from context, when reading the sentence, but it definitely stood out.


It is a correct word and a term in film studies. I know this because of my minor in film studies. ;) I'm wrong about it being French, however (that's "hommage"). It may well be something of an archaic term (or at least a colloquial spelling) --I myself am having trouble digging up its origin on Google and am just coming up with "hommage." But I've got reams of notes from my film school days using the "aumage" spelling, so... :ugeek:

in any case, there's no reason I had to be all fancy-pants about it, so I'll just Americanize it in future printings to "homage."

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:07 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
New errata just added (thanks to Aergraith)!

On Page 88, under the Spellcraft Check, the reference to "CC" is a typo. It should be CL. the corresponding reference in the example is correct.

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:55 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Clarified adding level to SIEGE checks in the top post.

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:05 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Updated my homebrew character sheet for download, and added an errata for the Companion.

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:09 am
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Added a couple more errata clarifying CLs and saving throws for a few psychic powers.

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 pm
Profile
Henchman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 am
Posts: 4
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
I'm not quite sure if this is an error, but it seems like one. In "The Heart of Yhtill," p. 232, Act One, toward the end of the third paragraph, it reads, "Amanda insists that she has no idea why anyone would want to kill her husband..." At this point, however, it's her brother, Jimmy Diamond, who has just been murdered.


Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:26 am
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
mrm1138 wrote:
I'm not quite sure if this is an error, but it seems like one. In "The Heart of Yhtill," p. 232, Act One, toward the end of the third paragraph, it reads, "Amanda insists that she has no idea why anyone would want to kill her husband..." At this point, however, it's her brother, Jimmy Diamond, who has just been murdered.


Yup, that's a typo. It should be her brother. Thanks!

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:31 pm
Profile
Henchman
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 am
Posts: 4
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Request for clarification re: Mighty Blow (p. 51), please. The item includes the following:
Quote:
However, the character must then make an unmodified d20 roll; a result of 1-9 on the d20 means that the weapon shatters as a result of the mighty blow (firearms are ruined from blowback). This ability is useful only in melee combat...
In the case of firearms, does that refer to making a point blank shot in melee?


Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 pm
Profile
Grey Elf Troll
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 789
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
mrm1138 wrote:
Request for clarification re: Mighty Blow (p. 51), please. The item includes the following:
Quote:
However, the character must then make an unmodified d20 roll; a result of 1-9 on the d20 means that the weapon shatters as a result of the mighty blow (firearms are ruined from blowback). This ability is useful only in melee combat...
In the case of firearms, does that refer to making a point blank shot in melee?


Hah. Seems you caught another typo. No, Firearms should not be allowed to perform a mighty blow at all. Only melee weapons.

_________________
Jason Vey, The Grey Elf
Author, Amazing Adventures: Multigenre Role Playing with the SIEGE Engine
Amazing Adventures Current Errata
Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter


Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 pm
Profile
Skobbit

Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 4:13 am
Posts: 15
Post Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications
Just curious, how much of this erratta has been included in the current hardcover printings?


Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:49 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.