Page 1 of 1

Nazis?

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:40 pm
by DMMike
Hey Jason,

I never got a reply back on this so I thought I'd ask the author of AA (sorta) directly. Does anyone have plans to write a 1930s supplement on the Nazis? Especially pre and post war?* If not, once Victorious is safely out I'd be willing to give it a shot. ;)

GM Michael

* = Especially the Haunebu Antarctic forces would be cool!

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:51 pm
by dachda
Mike,
I had never heard of Haunebu Antartic forces before. (weird I studied Nazi Germany in grad school too!) so I did a google search. First thing that came up was this: http://www.gnosticliberationfront.com/n ... rctica.htm Crazy bat sh&&t, but if that is the stuff you want to write an adventure from. Please, please, please DO IT!! that crazy stuff would be a blast in Amazing Adventures! Plus I know you write good stuff having read and run your C&C adventures.

-Chris

DMMike wrote:Hey Jason,

I never got a reply back on this so I thought I'd ask the author of AA (sorta) directly. Does anyone have plans to write a 1930s supplement on the Nazis? Especially pre and post war?* If not, once Victorious is safely out I'd be willing to give it a shot. ;)

GM Michael

* = Especially the Haunebu Antarctic forces would be cool!

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:29 pm
by DMMike
Thanks for the kind words Chris... Don't feel bad though, I didn't know about it either until I got (back) into 1/72 scale plastic WWII wargaming. One of the Russian figure companies (Mir) is famous/notorious(?) for making weird sets and the Nazi Antarctic base was one of them. You're right about it being totally nutso (Why go to Antarctica when Argentina is so much nicer?) but that's 30s-40s pulpy goodness! :D

Mike

Correction!

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:43 pm
by DMMike
Oops. My bad, it wasn’t Mir but another Russian company; Odemars set called Operation Antarctica. See the set reviewed below!


http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=1613

Mike, still recovering from RCCC apparently!

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:39 am
by Relaxo
dachda wrote:... First thing that came up was this: http://www.gnosticliberationfront.com/n ... rctica.htm Crazy bat sh&&t, but if that is the stuff you want to write an adventure from. Please, please, please DO IT!! that crazy stuff would be a blast in Amazing Adventures! Plus I know you write good stuff having read and run your C&C adventures.
I'll second that!
This loony website reads like a pulp campaign overview!!!

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:58 pm
by thenorthman
But it sounds like it could be so much fun to play! My interest in Amazing Adventures just increased.

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:48 pm
by DMMike
Yeah, some of the ideas the Nazis had (and especially the SS) are waaaay out there and custom made for pulp novel style adventure. Heck, some historians believe Hitler's Eastern policy was based on his reading of American Wild West dime novels(!)

Thanks again for the kind words about my writing...I'd do my best to do this subject justice. I'll hope to hear from someone on this soon...

Mike

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:21 am
by Relaxo
thenorthman wrote:But it sounds like it could be so much fun to play! My interest in Amazing Adventures just increased.
OH HELL YES! Let me be clear: I SO agree!

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:35 pm
by DMMike
<bump!> Just curious? Are there any Nazi sections in the AA rulebook?

Mike

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:24 am
by thenorthman
I don't find any sections per say but they are mentioned a few times.

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:15 pm
by DMMike
Ah. Well then, Nazis should be a great addition to the system then!

They're like undead in fantasy games... No real shades of gray here; they're bad news so PCs can get 'em with a clear conscience! :D

Mike

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:04 pm
by Jason Vey
Hey, fellas, sorry I'm late to the party. Been working on getting the Companion in fighting shape for you all!

There are no plans for a Nazi-specific supplement at this point in time. Truth be told it would be tough for me to write, because I did a World War II sourcebook for All Flesh Must Be Eaten which pretty heavily detailed my ideas for occult Nazis in WWII, and it would be tough to divorce my mindset from that to take a different approach.

In any case, before we decide on more sourcebooks, we're going to have to see how well the Companion, new core book, monster book, and Red God Trilogy sell before we determine a direction in the future. So if you'd like to see stuff along these lines, spread the word and get people playing the game!!!

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:08 pm
by DMMike
Hey Grey Elf!

Actually I was volunteering to write it myself, as one of my MA's centered on Modern European History. I know right now you're swamped with the other stuff; I was just letting you know I'd be interested in taking a shot at it if funds and interest allow.

Anything I can do to help a TLG ggame out I'm willing to do. For a pulp game, it'd be a shame not to have Nazis! ;)

Mike

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:48 pm
by serleran
Every game is improved by Nazis.

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:39 pm
by DMMike
serleran wrote:Every game is improved by Nazis.
Well put! Nazis and Zombies improve any game. Nazi Zombies? Pure gold!

Mike

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 am
by Chris Aldren
Sounds good, Nazis and Zombies... :D ;) ;)

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:57 am
by Relaxo
Anyone seen Frankenstein's Army?

http://www.frankensteinsarmy.com/

more like Nazis and flesh golems (irony) but, zombie-ish.

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:52 pm
by dachda
Relaxo wrote:Anyone seen Frankenstein's Army?

http://www.frankensteinsarmy.com/

more like Nazis and flesh golems (irony) but, zombie-ish.
Holy cr#p!! That would make for some crazy Amazing Adventure material. I might have to rent this one. Some of the critters remind me of the computer game Bioshock.

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:38 pm
by Jason Vey
Well, not to plug a competitor's product, but check out the All Flesh Must Be Eaten book, Band of Zombies. I wrote it. It's for a different system, but the setting and background info should have PLENTY of easy fodder to adapt to AA.

Re: Nazis?

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:53 pm
by Arduin
The Grey Elf wrote:Hey, fellas, sorry I'm late to the party. Been working on getting the Companion in fighting shape for you all!

There are no plans for a Nazi-specific supplement at this point in time. Truth be told it would be tough for me to write, because I did a World War II sourcebook for All Flesh Must Be Eaten which pretty heavily detailed my ideas for occult Nazis in WWII, and it would be tough to divorce my mindset from that to take a different approach.
Do a '30's Commie sourcebook instead. A bit easier to kill but just as satisfying. :mrgreen: