View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
SMGs and Sorcerery: The Day After Ragnarok 
Unkbartig

Post SMGs and Sorcerery: The Day After Ragnarok
Little Boy didn't go to Hiroshima, it went through the 500 yard-wide eye of the Midgard Serpent. The death throes of its interdimensional body smashed cities and armies as it spewed out supernatural blood that was now radioactive. That warped continents, men and animals.

And no longer able to deny the existence of the paranomal, humanity embraced magic, miracles and super-science.

This is a world where jet packs and magic swords exist along with super spies and barbarians.

The Day After Ragnarok is a great pulpy setting by Atomic Overmind Press that Amazing Adventures can pretty much do out of the box. Adding a few CnC magic using classes and you're completely covered. I'm gearing up for such a campaign and I'm still jazzed at how easy a fit the two are.

While the setting PDF comes in Hero, Fate and Savage Worlds flavors. I'd suggest the SW since it randomizes an adventure generator. It doesn't hurt that they provide some campaign outlines as well.

I'd say that it's a pity that there isn't an A&A version of the PDF, but you'd barely need it if you have either bestiaries from CnC or A&A.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:52 am
Henchman

Post Re: SMGs and Sorcerery: The Day After Ragnarok
You sir, have EXCELLENT taste. I have loved the pure ahistorical weirdness of DAR for years, running it using Savage Worlds. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt it for AA. You can use C&C clerics for Miracle workers, Gadgeteer inventions as Ophi-Tech and plenty of classic monsters you can lift from C&C.

Somebody get Ken Hite on the phone! We need to work out some liscensing here!

Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Grey Elf Troll

Post Re: SMGs and Sorcerery: The Day After Ragnarok
Akira MacKenzie wrote:
You sir, have EXCELLENT taste. I have loved the pure ahistorical weirdness of DAR for years, running it using Savage Worlds. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt it for AA. You can use C&C clerics for Miracle workers, Gadgeteer inventions as Ophi-Tech and plenty of classic monsters you can lift from C&C.

Somebody get Ken Hite on the phone! We need to work out some liscensing here!

Really, you could use Standard AA arcanists for Miracle Workers. Just have them be Wisdom-Based Arcanists ;).

Amazing Adventures on Facebook | Amazing Adventures on Twitter

Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]