View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Gageteer question 
Skobbit

Post Gageteer question
I couldn't find anywhere that this had been asked before.
The Gagetteer makes gadgets that emulate spell effects. But I can't find any limitations on their use. If he makes a fireball gun, does he get to cast fireball every turn? Seems a little broken.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:52 pm
Mist Elf

Post Re: Gageteer question
Nyarlathotep5150 wrote:
I couldn't find anywhere that this had been asked before.
The Gagetteer makes gadgets that emulate spell effects. But I can't find any limitations on their use. If he makes a fireball gun, does he get to cast fireball every turn? Seems a little broken.

In the class description there is a point by point dealing with how the effects work. For example, max spell level is 6 or cannot emulate a spell over their level or all ranged gadgets require an attack roll regardless of description. There are like 9 points IIRC (just reading this last night). In my read through, it didn't seem "broken" or unbalanced.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Skobbit

Post Re: Gageteer question
Well, my question was about number of uses which wasn't covered in the build rules. What I thought might be broken is:

"I make a flamethrower (Fireball spell). I then can cast fireball EVERY turn? Yes, I have to roll an attack each time, but still...that's a lot of fireballs."

However, I forgot that Arcanist spells work more like 5e spells than C&C ones so that closes the margin a little.
And, since posting this, I've read the companion that has a grenade launcher gadget pretty much exactly like this and they gave it a limited ammo per adventure and a reload time, so that mostly answers my question.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]