View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Star Wars Victorious 
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Star Wars Victorious
Poop .... I either am not that bright or I hit my head once to many times jumping ... I just realized I was jacked up ... you get 3 powers + your cha bonus, not 1 + the bonus (like for skills and the int bonus) Sooooo a starting character isn't as bad off as I originally thought. The bad thing is I need to rework my characters for Tree's game ...

Looking at it with the increased points of 3+ cha, I think a normal character may be a touch under powered, but not nearly as much as I thought in the above post. 3-4 points, and then a short coming or 2 should make a fairly good character.

As for a jedi ... not sure, they may be a bit more underpowered, but we'll see. Of course they will need a high cha, and at least ...3 .... 4 ... short comings and they will be functioning. Not sure if they will be powerful enough, but that is what play testing is for ...

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:56 am
Clang lives!

I'll try to do write ups of Han, Luke, and Leia sometime this week. That way you can see how I'm thinking things should start out.

R-

The Castles & Crusades Society Rolls
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:54 pm
Ulthal

Look forward to seeing those, R! I've been playing with Victorious for the BBC show Blakes7 as well so it'll be interesting to see how you do it. Not that B7 has SW's level of tech or Jedi/Sith...but space is space, right?

GM (Spaced) Mike

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:51 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Rigon wrote:
I'll try to do write ups of Han, Luke, and Leia sometime this week. That way you can see how I'm thinking things should start out.

R-

Rgr, look forward to seeing them to see how off the mark I was. However, I hate to admit it, but my first try was as jacked up as it was ... I can't believe I messed up as bad as I did on the first try ... But, I did catch it before I posted my examples and showed my ineptitude in reading to everyone here ! ;)

I'm not sure Han even in ANH would be a 1st level character, but Luke & Leia .... yeah 1st level (with extra points in whining for Luke)

After you hang them, (and if my tries are in the ball park) I'll hang them and we can use them for inspiration /templates

"Spaced Mike" ... B7, never heard of it ... what is it?

Hmmmm Han, ...... I think the Falcon would almost be a character unto herself ... more than just a gadget for Han to trip around the galaxy in. It has its own short falls history etc ... hmmmm just food for thought, no way I'd put that much effort into 1st level characters and their ship ...

C&C Society

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:06 am
Red Cap

Building the characters in the Star Wars Movie should be different than 1st level starting characters to play a fresh game. Luke Skywalker would be multiclass, but most Jedi start young as trainees and would only have Jedi training and skills.

I built a Kai Lord with Victorious, which would be comparable to a Jedi. I did assume a 13 in intelligence and a 13 in charisma. I also used two short comings. This would provide one prime, one skill, and three powers plus one power for the 13 cha and two powers for the two short comings. In addition, you would have one skill for the 13 int. So that would total six powers and two skills and one prime.

I would treat the light saber as a piece of gear like a blaster. If you want to get more out of it you invest in powers or skills to improve its abilities. Some starting Jedi might focus on force powers, some might focus on working with the light saber, and other Jedi might focus on their attributes. They could all be Jedi and all playable characters. As they advance in levels they would probably gain similar abilities, but have acquired them at different rates and time basically levels.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:15 pm
Ulthal

Lurker wrote:
"Spaced Mike" ... B7, never heard of it ... what is it?

Sorry, "Blakes7" is a late 70s-early 80s (1978-1981) scifi series that ran on the BBC. Its creator Terry nation referred to it as the "Dirty Dozen" in space. F/X were bad but the stories were good if somewhat dark.

More here: http://blakes7.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Mike

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:41 pm
Clang lives!

Here is an "updated" version of my Star Wars thing.

Star Wars: Victorious
A Star Wars Adaptation for Victorious

Character Creation:
All SW:V characters are created by the Victorious rules.

Species
Humans (as the rules)
Aliens (developed by the GM on a case by case basis)
Example: Wookies: A wookie character receives the following Super Natural Powers for free: Attribute (applicable to Strength and Constitution only) Rank 1, Robust Rank 2, Super Movement (Climbing) Rank 1

Skills
Fire Arms would be for blasters
Occult would only be associated with the Force
Profession would include things like Pilot, Imperial Navy, Smuggler, Technician etc.
Survival would only apply to ecosystems and include Space as an ecosystem
Science would include things like Mechanical Engineering, Computers, Astrogation, etc.

Supernatural Powers
Not all Supernatural Powers will be available.
Open to all characters: Attribute, Intuition, Knack, Luck, Might, and Robust
Open only to Force Users: A Force using character must have at least 1 rank in Intuition to select any Supernatural Power associated with the Force: Blast (Force Lightning), Healing, Intuition, Keen Senses, Mesmerize, Psycho-kinesis, Reflection (energy), and Telepathy

Themes may be used to represent Force Traditions such as Jedi, Sith, Knight of Ren, etc. with guidance/permission from the GM.

Shortcomings
The following Shortcomings may be selected: Enemy, Fame, Handicap, Inhuman, Notorious, Odd Appearance, Phobia, Poverty, Watched, and Unlucky

Victory Points
Acquired and used by the Victorious rules.

Equipment and Vehicles
The GM will design all specifications for unique equipment, like lightsabers and bounty hunter armor, on a case by case basis using the rules for Gadgets.
The same applies for vehicles such as Tie Fighters, X-Wings, etc.

House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 pm
Clang lives!

And as I was updating it, I thought, what if I blended StarSIEGE wit Victorious. Took the bundles of SS and made them Skills like V and use some defined FX from SS as SuperNatural Powers in V. Hm... Not enough time to work and play.

R-

House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:43 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Truly, my statement at the end of the game Monday was about planning for a game with my daughters (in a few years) once they have finished Harvester's

However, since you are relooking at SW Victorious .... ;)

C&C Society

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2