Castles & Crusades 3rd Printing Now Available (TLG PR)

All the TLG News in all the formats!
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Castles & Crusades 3rd Printing Now Available (TLG PR)

Post by Troll Lord »

TROLL LORD GAMES PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Troll Lord Games

Phone: (501) 680-6597

Email: [email protected]

Castles & Crusades 3rd Printing (TLG PR)

LITTLE ROCK, AR B July 12, 2007 B FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Now Available Castles & Crusades Players Handbook, 3rd Printing. Written by Davis Chenault and Mac Golden Castles & Crusades is a rules light, table-top fantasy role playing game. The Players Handbook retails for $19.95 and brings all the core rules of the game to the table.

Easy to learn and fast to play, Castles & Crusades is the game for those who enjoy tales of high adventure and epic fantasy. Castles & Crusades has an easy to learn attribute-based rules system that allows players to choose among 13 archetypal character classes and 7 races to create their characters. Spells, equipment, fast-paced combat rules, and all essential information needed for the players of Castles & Crusades is in this book.

Your limited only by our imagination: Castles & Crusades.

For more information on the 3rd printing of the Players Handbook and to check out all 20+ Castles & Crusades core and support products visit us on the web at www.trolllord.com. Be sure to check out our other exciting lines as well, such as Lejendary Adventure and the Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds.

About Troll Lord Games

Troll Lord Games debuted at GenCon 2000. Alongside its hallmark Castles & Crusades7Swords and Sorcery Role Playing Game, Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds, Lejendary AdventuresJ Fantasy Role Playing Game, The Crusader JournalJ,The World of Aihrde, d20 adventure modules and Necromancer Games Troll Lord Games owns the Lake Geneva Gaming Convention, Winter Dark Gaming Convention and Troll Con. For more information, visit our web site at www.trolllord.com. Copyright 2007, Troll Lord Games. Ad20 System@ and the d20 System logo and Dungeons and Dragons are trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast and are used with permission. Lejendary Adventure is Trademark Trigee Enterprises Company and is used here under license from the trademark holder. Castles & Crusades, Troll Con, Lake Geneva Gaming Convention are Trademark Troll Lord Games.

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

mxyzplk

Question - How do I know what printing I have?

Post by mxyzplk »

I bought the C&C PH and was wondering what printing it was, and whether errata, editing, etc. were applied between printings. The only hint mine has is a 2004 copyright, whic I'm guessing means second printing?

Thanks...

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Question - How do I know what printing I have?

Post by Tadhg »

mxyzplk wrote:
I bought the C&C PH and was wondering what printing it was, and whether errata, editing, etc. were applied between printings. The only hint mine has is a 2004 copyright, whic I'm guessing means second printing?

Thanks...

Howdy mxyzplk, and welcome.

It sounds like a 1st print. Check the binding for TLG8010, if it's there then 1st print. If it's TLG80102 - 2nd print and TLG80103 - 3rd print.

Actually, I see that the 2nd print - has a 2006 copyright, so yeah, you've got 1st print.

Here's a link to the errata, if you're interested:
http://www.geocities.com/cnctraveller/cnc1.html

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

froglegg

Post by froglegg »

is C&C like AD&D?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

C&C is close to AD&D for sure as it takes most of it's inspiration from the original advanced version of the game. However, C&C uses some of the more modern rules advances in the game (ascending AC and no To Hit Tables or THAC0).

C&C takes andcombines the best aspects of the AD&D game as well as the 3ed edition game. C&C really got the mix right in my humble opinion.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

It depends on who you ask. Some folks think its like basic D&D, some folks think its like AD&D, and some folks think its like 2nd edition AD&D. Mostly to do with the perspective of the people looking at it.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Ghul

Post by Ghul »

I would say it has the tone and spirit of BASIC and 1e AD&D as far as the classes, races, and spell deadliness. The monster book is somewhat 2E in my opinion, as it takes a bit of a scientific tone, with interesting ecological notes intermingled throughout. And it's 3E influence is the d20 core mechanic for task resolution (class abilities & saves), this modified by the difficulty of the situation at hand. Other 3e similarities include the removal of level limits and a lack of race-class restrictions (but favored classes can imply restrictions of such). It also has its own original concepts (the SIEGE engine, each saving throw category being related to a stat, etc.). But the most attractive aspect of the system (IMO) is that it is a rules tinker's dream come true. The system is very flexible. It can be played easily at its base form, or you can add mechanical and stylistic elements to suit your individual campaign without the whole thing falling apart.

Ange Gardien

Post by Ange Gardien »

Why classes do not go to the 20Th level ?

Hu ?

Is it possible to use CC to play experimented 15 to 20th level characters ?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Oui, c'est possible. The XP tables only list the costs up to 12th level, but there is a progression for each class after that, and there are high level spells in the PHB, so, obviously, the game can be played at above 12th level...

thegraham7

Post by thegraham7 »

I have the second printing, is there much diference between 2nd and third?

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

thegraham7 wrote:
I have the second printing, is there much diference between 2nd and third?

The only significant difference is the poison charts. The poison table listed under the assassin was completely revamped. Aside from that... a bunch of errata was corrected and a couple of very minor layout changes. Appearance wise is the most striking difference as the cover has changed a bit and the pages are of the glossy sort.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

whisperingshadow

3rd

Post by whisperingshadow »

I picked up the book yesterday and its the 2nd printing. Is there any way to get the 3rd edition changes on PDF or something?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: 3rd

Post by gideon_thorne »

whisperingshadow wrote:
I picked up the book yesterday and its the 2nd printing. Is there any way to get the 3rd edition changes on PDF or something?

Not currently. The only major change is the poison table for the assassin class, mentioned above. And that same table can be found in the Monsters and Treasure 2nd printing.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

It's also in Miasmal Wyrms, where it was first presented.

whisperingshadow

Post by whisperingshadow »

thanks for the info:)