7th Print PHB

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

7th Print PHB

Post by alcyone »

It would be swell if the new PHB commissioned new interior art. Not on a knock on Peter and the other PHB artists, but I already have 5 books with the previous art. I recently backed the new Swords and Wizardry book with new art, and Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea with new art (even though I think Ian Baggley's original art was some of my favorite in any RPG.)
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

serleran
Mogrl

Re: 7th Print PHB

Post by serleran »

It would be awesome if the PHB had stickman cartoon art, too, on the border sort of like a Sergio Aragones' Mad Magazine interior.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Agree with Aergraith for sure.

The art is old, stale, withered and need a shot of newness (or using different artists).

And to me, some of the newness could be the fabulous TLG artists from the old (and some recent) days and or fabulous great artists like Jason Braun!!!!!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Border art by chapter! A fantastic addition to the new S&W book, so why not to C&C?

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

You would be SURPRISED how many people are more interested in a new layout, art, and interior look to the PHB even if none of the content changed. S&W capitalized on that BIG TIME, with zero changes to the content.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

serleran wrote:It would be awesome if the PHB had stickman cartoon art, too, on the border sort of like a Sergio Aragones' Mad Magazine interior.
The Lamentations of the Flame Princess books have ghoulish illuminations that animate if you flip through.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Hakdov
Mist Elf

Post by Hakdov »

I would definitely back a ks for a phb with new artwork. Get some old school D&D artists - Erol Otus, Clyde Caldwell, Larry Elmore, Jeff Easley, Keith Parkinson, Daniel R Horne, etc. Probably expensive to do, but I think a ks could definitely fund this and it would draw a LOT of attention.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

Well, they're about to fulfill the 8th printing KS, so it will be awhile before you see anything like that methinks:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ck ... -adventure

They're also putting out a new printing of the Castle Keeper's Guide, which will feature lots of new artwork: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ck ... pers-guide
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Hakdov
Mist Elf

Post by Hakdov »

Persimmon wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:03 pm
Well, they're about to fulfill the 8th printing KS, so it will be awhile before you see anything like that methinks:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ck ... -adventure

They're also putting out a new printing of the Castle Keeper's Guide, which will feature lots of new artwork: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ck ... pers-guide
Any idea when these will be printed and available? I'm looking to getting back into C&C so I'd rather get the latest versions possible.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

I just got back into C&C myself so I missed the KS, but my sense is that they'll be published over the summer. The most recent updates were for backers only.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....