View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Shipping this Week TLG 1104 Crusader 5 
Greater Lore Drake

Post Shipping this Week TLG 1104 Crusader 5
Crusader: The Journal of the Intrepid Adventurer

Vol. 2, Issue 5

Cover Peter Bradley

Magazine, Saddle Stitched, $3.50, 32 pages

TLG 1104, ISBN 1-931275-44-0

WHATS INSIDE

Regular Columns: Marshal of the Crusade Stephen Chenault brings you the lastest Alea iact est: Role Playing from Scratch. Ever want to start a game with nothing? The naked savage or the escaped prisoner, both make for exciting adventures" Gary Gygaxs How it All Happened: Gary continues his account of the origin of the role playing games weve all come to know and love! Historical Footnotes: Vincent Bridges explores the genius of one of the pioneers of the fantasy adventure genre: Edgar Rice Burroughs. The Angry Gamer: Raging against the ghost in the machine!

Special Features: Tarzan Triumphant! A new Game from Troll Lord Games. Have a peek at whats coming down the pipe!

Fiction: The Minstrels Tale continues with Chapter 2: War Songs.

This product will release in mid-November.

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
troll@trolllord.com

Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:47 pm
Renegade Mage

With all these things coming out between now and the end of the year... I have the sense I will be placing a large (possibly expensive) order in the near future.

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:06 am
Greater Lore Drake

Crusader 5 is in layout. We've hired a new layout person so its taking it a bit longer as he learns the legs but this should be out next week I should think, around the 8th.

Steve

troll@trolllord.com

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Hlobane Orc

I'm that new person Steve hired to do Crusader's layout; and as anyone can see, that date he mentioned went by without a release. I have to beg everyone's forgiveness, and I feel obliged to offer an explanation my mother fell very ill near the end of November, and died on December 6th. So as you might imagine, I've been having a damned hard time concentrating on work (or anything else) lately.

I'm nearing completion of Crusader #5 now though, and should be finished within a few days at most. It won't make print for Christmas, but maybe by the New Year although I guess it depends how fast Steve's printer can work.

Sorry for the delay, everyone! If it's any consolation, I can promise you that the new layout will be pretty nice to look at because when it comes to Graphic Design, I am a detail-oriented perfectionist.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:33 pm
Battle Stag

Thx for the explanation 3E. We'll wait patiently for the release of the Crusader.

.............................................Omote

FPQ

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Unkbartig

Ditto, and condolensces in this difficult time.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:27 pm
Ulthal

Thanks for the update, and my sincerest condolences for your loss.

Ink

C&C: Blissfully devoid of gestalt neko-hin rogue/fighter/mages!!

Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:01 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

3rd Eye wrote:
I'm that new person Steve hired to do Crusader's layout; and as anyone can see, that date he mentioned went by without a release. I have to beg everyone's forgiveness, and I feel obliged to offer an explanation my mother fell very ill near the end of November, and died on December 6th. So as you might imagine, I've been having a damned hard time concentrating on work (or anything else) lately.

Very sorry to hear this, 3rd Eye. You have my deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:46 am
Mogrl

Even though it is really none of our business, thanks for letting us know. Much better than being "kept in the dark".

Plus you have my condolences. I lost my Grandfather in October. Its not going to be an easy Christmas without him. I'm just going to do my best to do Christmas the way he taught me to celebrate it.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:44 pm
Lore Drake

Hang in there and thanks for jumping in to help!!

Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:59 pm
Hlobane Orc

Treebore wrote:
Even though it is really none of our business, thanks for letting us know. Much better than being "kept in the dark".

You're right, technically it's nobody's business; and at first I tried to write something generic like, "I've had some family trouble lately," but I just couldn't find any generic expression that didn't seem like an insultingly grotesque understatement, y'know?

Besides, the painful enormity of the loss has left me with no interest in tact, discretion, or artifice. I was never very good at any of them anyway, and now I simply don't have the will or the energy to be anything other than bluntly honest.

Anyway, thank you, and thanks also to everyone else who's offered their condolences and Treebore, you have mine for your own loss, too. Condolences change nothing, of course; but it's still somewhat comforting to be reminded that we're all in the same lousy boat (so to speak).

Quote:
Treebore wrote:
Plus you have my condolences. I lost my Grandfather in October. Its not going to be an easy Christmas without him. I'm just going to do my best to do Christmas the way he taught me to celebrate it.

Your plan for Christmas is quite right, and I intend to do the same. For my own part, I believe a moderate quantity of something alcoholic might be of great help in that regard. I shall certainly find out, anyway.

So with all sincerity (if not quite enthusiasm): Merry Christmas to everyone!

Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:24 am
Maukling

Welcome to the team Troll, squire. Looking forward to seeing your work. ^_^

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

Though the path is troubled, the end is always a simple step away. Here's to giving you some shoes to take that hike. May your soles not thin.

Welcome to Troll HQ, where its expected to not be on time.

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:03 am
Greater Lore Drake

Welcome to the boards 3rd Eye. These folks are about the most understanding lot there is in the gaming world!

To let you guys know. Helms here is the fellow who laid out Planet Busters a couple of years back and he did one hell of a job. I mean really, if you didn't get a chance to have a look see at it, you missed something. He took some of Tom Whams cartoons and placed them in a deep space environment and they were rocking! Whole game and box was beautiful. So I have no doubt the Crusader will be superior in all respects.

Steve

troll@trolllord.com

Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Alvin has turned over the files to me and I'm looking over them tonight. So far they look great, with a little luck this will go to print tomorrow and ship in the early part of next week.

On to six!!!

Steve

(I promise you we are going to get this magazine moving forward this year!)

troll@trolllord.com

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:54 am
Hlobane Orc

Greetings again, everyone. Sorry for my absence from the board, and for the extra delay in getting Crusader 5 finished. I normally work incredibly fast but as one might imagine (if one has read my first post here), the last two months have certainly not been normal for me.

Life moves on, though; and while I am still not quite over the loss (and most likely never will be), I am no longer wholly derailed and I am slowly building back up to my usual speed.

So for whatever it's worth, I'm sure that Issue 6 will take a hell of a lot less time than Issue 5 did.

As for Issue 5: I think (hope?) you'll all like the new layout and design. It's not radically different from before, but it should be fairly obvious to readers of past issues that there's a different hand at the design helm and I believe you'll like the direction I'm steering things.

Of course, some of you might not like the new look. Either way, though love it or hate it please feel free to post your opinions here on the forum. I enjoy compliments and praise as much as any other Graphic Designer; and conversely, I will happily listen to constructive criticism and suggestions on how I might improve. (However, please note that "Dude, you suck!" is not constructive criticism.)

I've also thrown in some art and illustrations of my own, all brand spanking new and specially created just for this issue. So you'll all have two things to constructively criticize me for!

I look forward to hearing what you think.

Alvin Helms

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]