Q/A With the Trolls

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Q/A With the Trolls

Post by Troll Lord »

Greeting All,

As the information from the Dens becomes ever more constant, whether you follow us on Twitter, Facebook, the Tusk, or pony express, it seems a fitting time to open up a Q&A on the forums. Tim Burns will monitor the Q&A directing Steve/Davis/Mark/Todd or himself to answer questions that pop up that might be directed at them that might otherwise have been missed due to dronken sloth.

So if you have any question you'd like to direct at the Trolls here the place

Troll Lord

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Re: Q/A With the Trolls

Post by Frost »

After you get the hardback CKG out and about, how long do you estimate for the slipcase, hardback set?

nightstorm
Red Cap

Post by nightstorm »

My question is about your online store. Alot of the describtions of the products are vague. For instance, the word digest. Does that mean the book is the exact same as the hardback only it's soft cover? Or does that mean it's also smaller in diminsion or less pages ?? The prices are so different from the hardback it makes me think it's a condensed work.
Also on your ring of brass- the one you were selling for around four dollars states it's a hardback. Does that come with maps like the other one that seems to be in a notebook?
Thanks.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Will we be able to buy the slip case without the books?

I've already got 2 of the 3 hardbacks and have the CKG on preorder. Not willing to buy three more books I have just for the slip cover, but would be happy to give you my cash for just the slip cover.

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@nightstorm-- the digest are the exact same material, but in a smaller version, about 7x7. they are small but have everything in them. some people have them already and the feeback we have gotten has been good, though you will find that the font is small. it's perfect for taking on the road if you don't want a bulky hard cover along with you. as for the rings of brass, i will have to get back to you on that once i get back to the office and can talk to steve or davis or physically take a look myself.

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@dachda--as far as i know we will be able to offer some slipcovers without books, but right now i don't have a price for you. let me speak to steve and i will post a response when i know.

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@frost-- i don't think it will be much more than a couple of weeks before we can start rolling out the slipcover sets. it will just be a little bit as we have a lot of CKGs and other individual orders (as opposed to the sets) filled first.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the news was on the CKG? Can I expect my copy by the end of this week?

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@rigon-- i would love to say yes, and we are working diligently to make everything work, but i would have to say that by the end of this week might be a little too optimistic. however, as soon as we know they are ready to ship, we will start sending them out immediately and we will let everyone know that they are ready to go.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

timburns wrote:@rigon-- i would love to say yes, and we are working diligently to make everything work, but i would have to say that by the end of this week might be a little too optimistic. however, as soon as we know they are ready to ship, we will start sending them out immediately and we will let everyone know that they are ready to go.
Thanks for the heads up,Tim. I know you guys are banging away on this and it is much appriciated. Sometimes it's hard to have patience.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Tim, you are a Mist Elf. That is not very Trollish. I have no questions at this time.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@omote -- it could be worse, I could be a fern bunny.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Tim, can you add "Battle Stag" to the rankings for high posters?
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@dachda -- if you want to purchase the slipcover by itself, it's going to be 5.99.
@nightstorm -- rings of brass does have the maps in it.
thanks guys, i hope this Q&A is working out for everyone.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Tim asked me to field Relaxo's question so here I am. Glorious, no? NO?! Ok then. Anyhow, we could add Battle Stag as a custom title for high post count if Omote is ok with it (since it was his Custom Title originally).

PS- Tim got tired of being a Mist Elf so he is now Homieclaus. ENJOY YOSELF
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

NEVER annoy the man with the power! LOL. Homieclaus at your service, people...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Breakdaddy wrote:Tim asked me to field Relaxo's question so here I am. Glorious, no? NO?! Ok then. Anyhow, we could add Battle Stag as a custom title for high post count if Omote is ok with it (since it was his Custom Title originally).

PS- Tim got tired of being a Mist Elf so he is now Homieclaus. ENJOY YOSELF
BD, how many posts does a guy need to get a custom title? I know on the old boards, it was around 5k.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Rigon, I haven't really applied any sort of uniform policy on this since the changeover. Some of the folks that had custom titles on the old fora got one here, and then there's Omote; who single-handedly keeps Steve in Dr Peppers and toner for his print shop with the massive payload of cash he brings to bear on TLG ;)
I kid, I kid. Basically, if you have a very high post count, and you want a custom title, then I'd be willing to provide one. Definition of very high? I dunno, 3000 is enough I suspect, so if you want one, holla. Just remember: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE HOMIECLAUS.

PS- Tim, you silly bast, you got your wish and now Im all up in this Q&A. I OWE YOU ONE, ACE
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Oh I didn't realize Battle Stag was a custom job, nor did I even notice it was his title. (oops) I was too overwhelmed by the Awesome Sandwhich with Neat-o gravy that is the photo of the Warrior Betride his BattleStag.

So my bad.
:D
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

Steve will be answering questions on Beautiful Brains' Back Room chat this Thurs (Feb 17th) at 9:00 PM EST. Here's a briefing:

February 17, 2011
Troll Lord Games, the people who bring you the Castles and Crusades line of adventures, will be in the Back Room! Stephen Chenault, CEO, and Christina Stiles, Editor, are confirmed so far, and they’re giving away a copy of the Player’s Handbook!

Get info at http://beautifulbrainsonline.com

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Christina Stiles wrote:Steve will be answering questions on Beautiful Brains' Back Room chat this Thurs (Feb 17th) at 9:00 PM EST. Here's a briefing:

February 17, 2011
Troll Lord Games, the people who bring you the Castles and Crusades line of adventures, will be in the Back Room! Stephen Chenault, CEO, and Christina Stiles, Editor, are confirmed so far, and they’re giving away a copy of the Player’s Handbook!

Get info at http://beautifulbrainsonline.com
Hi Christina. I recommend re-posting this in the Open Discussion forum so everyone will see it and try to attend.

:D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

timburns wrote:NEVER annoy the man with the power! LOL. Homieclaus at your service, people...
Now it sounds like a hip hop Santa Clause. :lol:
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Here's a question with some of the pricing on the some of the TLG material on RPGNow. I noticed that some of the older modules (the one from Inzae trilogy for instance) has a higher price than an actual physical copy. I know that, at one point the printed modules were much higher but they've come down to $4.99 since then. Will the prices on some of these be PDF versions be going down as well?

M

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Breakdaddy wrote:Rigon, I haven't really applied any sort of uniform policy on this since the changeover. Some of the folks that had custom titles on the old fora got one here, and then there's Omote; who single-handedly keeps Steve in Dr Peppers and toner for his print shop with the massive payload of cash he brings to bear on TLG ;)
I kid, I kid. Basically, if you have a very high post count, and you want a custom title, then I'd be willing to provide one. Definition of very high? I dunno, 3000 is enough I suspect, so if you want one, holla. Just remember: THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE HOMIECLAUS.

PS- Tim, you silly bast, you got your wish and now Im all up in this Q&A. I OWE YOU ONE, ACE
I'll be taking you on this, fo' sho'. Just as soon as I think of a really cool title. ;)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Here's a question: if I order a perfect bound copy of the CKG, do I still get my pre-ordered hardback?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@moriarty777 -- yes, there is a lot of discrepancy in the pricing and that's mainly because, like you said, some of the things are older and while someone reduced the price on the TLG store, they didn't necessarily change it in the PDF stores. Having said that, one of my jobs recently was to update those prices. which ones are you talking about so i can take a look?

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@rigon -- yes, you will still get your preordered hardcover of the CKG if you order the perfect bound edition.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Two books for one, and a reduced PDF cost. That almost seems reasonable. Steve's been at the Dr's, again.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Any chance on fixing the pdf of the CK Screen? The description says the Golden Familiar is included, and the art is by Peter Bradley, but the only thing on the pdf is the four interior panels. I wanted the artwork on the outside as well, because I put these inserts into my Hammerdog customizable screen. Plus, a pdf of the Golden Familiar would just be cool.

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

@piperdog- hey, I will take a look at it and see what I can do this week then I'll post back here to let you know, okay? thx, tim