TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Dracyian
Unkbartig

Re: TLG 8127 Rune Lore (Preorder)

Post by Dracyian »

Here is the PDF download for us smucks that didn't get in on the preorder

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/117519/Ca ... =FrontPage

CeltDrake99
Skobbit

Post by CeltDrake99 »

Treebore wrote:Doubt it since I have yet to get my coupon.
I'm wondering the same thing, I preordered as well. Must be a rather busy since they've got a lot of other projects at hand.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Just to be clear, I got Runelore many weeks ago. I am just guessing Steve is sending out another coupon so that we can DL it for free as needed in the future, in case of HD crashes, etc...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Also, earlier in this thread I predicted "Troll Time" might have this out by September. So note I got "Troll Time" predicted much more accurately than the Trolls themselves did. I was only off by a few weeks.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

CeltDrake99
Skobbit

Post by CeltDrake99 »

CeltDrake99 wrote:
I'm wondering the same thing, I preordered as well. Must be a rather busy since they've got a lot of other projects at hand.

Guess I should clarify my statement, the version that I have had some editing and grammar errors. From what I have seen in the forum, they have been pointed out. I was under the impression that when it got released in print, that a "fixed" version would be released at the same time for download. Apparently I was mistaken.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

CeltDrake99 wrote:
CeltDrake99 wrote:

Guess I should clarify my statement, the version that I have had some editing and grammar errors. From what I have seen in the forum, they have been pointed out. I was under the impression that when it got released in print, that a "fixed" version would be released at the same time for download. Apparently I was mistaken.
I think your right, but I don't specifically recall a statement to that, let alone where it was at.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Here you go Tree & Celtdrake
Troll Lord wrote:Rune Lore is scheduled to arrive here on the 7th of August, assuming there are no delays shipping will commence immediately.

This afternoon, the 31st, we'll upload it to RPGnow and Drivthru and open it up for sale. Everyone who preordered will get a coupon code to download it for free.

Thanks all!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hey folks,

We are working on the coupon now. We released the book this morning but the coupon wouldn't work so Tim's been hammering on that. But I think he has it in hand and it will be coming with the latest update in the next hour or such. It will come via [email protected].

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

These books MAY ship as early as tomorrow, the printed versions. I'm hoping so but probably the 5th.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

SENT!

Please check your email. You are going to have two download links, use which ever one you feel comfortable with. Its all explained.

If you have any questions email Tim at [email protected].

Trollzah!

Thanks all!

Steve

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Received!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DLing my updated version right now too.

CeltDrake99
Skobbit

Post by CeltDrake99 »

Troll Lord wrote:SENT!

Please check your email. You are going to have two download links, use which ever one you feel comfortable with. Its all explained.

Is this who I would contact if I did not recieve the coupon code for the updated pdf? I checked my spam box just in case it made its way in there.

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

This is one beautiful and glorious book. I'm already cross-referencing it with my old hardback Codex of Erkle.

And though I have long ago bought the PDFs for all things Airdale, I can see this is going to make me buy a lot of northwestern maps. Detailed maps, with much close-up detail of the geography and villages in Gootland.

Love it, love it, love it! Am now happy that I also preordered the hardback too. Wouldn't have remembered this, but for the fact that it was impossible to pre-order the PDF without preordering the hardback. (What, me remember something?)

In fact, my memory is bad enough that I'd forgotten about poor Shaydazar, and found myself wiping away a tear at his loneliness before I remembered that he was one of my old characters. (Goes WAY back. Why do I remember fiction better than real life?)

This is beautiful stuff! I shall have to paint me some smooth blue rocks with runes and things on them, and incorporate this all into my TnT world as well as C&C.

Take a bow, guys! (much applause)
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

CeltDrake99 wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:SENT!

Is this who I would contact if I did not recieve the coupon code for the updated pdf? I checked my spam box just in case it made its way in there.
Celtdrake,

Tim is gone until Monday, but I'll be around, in and out all weekend. Fire me an email over at [email protected] and I'll keep a look out. Be sure to put name etc etc.

Thanks,
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Mormon!

Thanks for the kind words! They are much appreciated. Like you I can't wait to see this sucker arrive. Hopefully Monday, but probably Wednesday.

Trollzah!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Rune Lore scheduled to be here on the 7th before 3.

Trollzah!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

A couple of things on Rune Lore folks.

Those who put in the highest level, you are due a specially bound book that integrates the PH and the Rune Lore book. We are working on these still, it should be coming your way in several weeks.

The Runes from the rune tiles seem to be missing two runes, one was doubled up and the other just not done. We'll fix this and get them out to you as soon as the Manufacture gets them to us.

Some of your received coins, these are rolling out this week and next. They were shipped separately to reduce shipping fees.

Thanks!
Steve

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Guess I was pretty lucky. The hardback RL book (not the RL/PH combo book) arrived with coins and with a pretty little wooden box of runes. Haven't noticed a double in there at all.

As much as I love the PDF, as convenient as it is to have it on my tablet pad, the book is just so much nicer.

As are the props (coins and runes and box).

This book adds a new aspect to the game, and is so easily ported into any other ruleset that I like. (It may not fit a ruleset that I don't like, but I'll never know.) And the adventures included in the book are some of TLG's best. This was worth waiting - what? 3 years? Ten years? Doesn't matter. It was worth the price in money and patience. It may very well be the most significant release since the original C&C rules.

Where were these trolls when Gary Gygax desperately needed a good editor and rewrite person forty years ago?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:A couple of things on Rune Lore folks.

Those who put in the highest level, you are due a specially bound book that integrates the PH and the Rune Lore book. We are working on these still, it should be coming your way in several weeks.

The Runes from the rune tiles seem to be missing two runes, one was doubled up and the other just not done. We'll fix this and get them out to you as soon as the Manufacture gets them to us.

Some of your received coins, these are rolling out this week and next. They were shipped separately to reduce shipping fees.

Thanks!
Steve

Did all the preorders for just the hardcover book get shipped already?

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

dachda wrote:
Did all the preorders for just the hardcover book get shipped already?
Only mine. I'm special. :roll:
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

The runes are produced by an outside manufacturer? I assumed you guys were sitting on the porch, piece of straw in your teeth, whittling and carving each piece of wood. If anything screams Arkansas rpg manufacturing, it's that mental picutre. Lol

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:The runes are produced by an outside manufacturer? I assumed you guys were sitting on the porch, piece of straw in your teeth, whittling and carving each piece of wood. If anything screams Arkansas rpg manufacturing, it's that mental picutre. Lol
With a yard filled with empty dr pepper and guiness cans...

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Dracyian wrote:
tylermo wrote:The runes are produced by an outside manufacturer? I assumed you guys were sitting on the porch, piece of straw in your teeth, whittling and carving each piece of wood. If anything screams Arkansas rpg manufacturing, it's that mental picutre. Lol
With a yard filled with empty dr pepper and guiness cans...
Had you forgotten the 1954 Chevy BelAir on blocks in the long grass of the front lawn?
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet

Tikon2000
Henchman

Thanks

Post by Tikon2000 »

Sorry been off the boards a while. But just wanted to say I received my copy and love it :) Did Peter Bradley do the illustration for the crypt? Cool.