C&C Players Handbook, 5th Printing (Available)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Re: C&C Players Handbook, 5th Printing

Post by Troll Lord »

Omote wrote:So, for the people who have pledged $175, do they get the faux leather bound edition? Seems to make sense. But what about the extra book they get? Is the extra PHB for the bonus goal always a standard edition?

What about the big-mama $500 level - are any of those PHBs going to get the faux leatherbound treatment?

Who is constructing the faux leatherbound editions (TLG, Walsworth, other)?

~O
For the 150 and 175 dollar level I will let the buyer chose if they want a regular book or another faux-leather book.

The 500 dollar level gets 1 faux leather book, and 5 personalized books, and now 5 unsigned books. Hitting the bonus reward doubled that, so you would get 2 faux-leather books and 20 PHBs. We will personalize up to 10 of those. (I had to go add that faux-leather copy in the reward text, I had forgotten it earlier, thanks omote!)

Walsworth is constructing the faux leather books.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Omote wrote:Also, now that we have reached the bonus goal where everybody gets an extra PHB, does that same benefit apply to the $500 level where the reward is already 10 PHBs? Would you then get 11 PHBs?

~O
20 PHBs. We are doubling the order.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Omote wrote:Does the retailer package get the bonus goal benefits? I happen to know on of those retailer guys.

~O
No, we've already built a heft discount for the retailer. We will probably add a faux leather book as well.

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:Does the "bang" still go in the "bang-shang-alang"?

Only if your are singing tunes from Grease!

:lol: :lol:
Steve

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

Troll Lord wrote:
MormonYoYoMan wrote:Does the "bang" still go in the "bang-shang-alang"?

Only if your are singing tunes from Grease!

:lol: :lol:
Steve
Ahoy, Steve -

As my dear departed friend, Gus Segar, would note --

In the above sentence, "your" is not the proper word usage. I've seen people use "your" for "you're" (i.e. - you are) which causes their communication to make no sense most of the time.

The proper was to have phrased your sentence is:

Only if you yam singin' tunes from Grease!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Troll Lord wrote:
Omote wrote:So, for the people who have pledged $175, do they get the faux leather bound edition? Seems to make sense. But what about the extra book they get? Is the extra PHB for the bonus goal always a standard edition?

What about the big-mama $500 level - are any of those PHBs going to get the faux leatherbound treatment?

~O
For the 150 and 175 dollar level I will let the buyer chose if they want a regular book or another faux-leather book.

The 500 dollar level gets 1 faux leather book, and 5 personalized books, and now 5 unsigned books. Hitting the bonus reward doubled that, so you would get 2 faux-leather books and 20 PHBs. We will personalize up to 10 of those. (I had to go add that faux-leather copy in the reward text, I had forgotten it earlier, thanks omote!)

Steve
Wait, what? 22 PHBs at the $500 level. Is that right?

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Just a quick question. With so many PHB's (10-20) what would one do with so many of them? Other than (Lending/giving) them to your players, using them to prop-up that annoying, desk, coffee table, couch etc or pretending your a wizard and having a brand new one appear, with a flourish, if any damage is done to the book. (Though it is OK to say that you are using them for above. I'm not restricting answers, just curious as to how one would use them.

And what is meant, exactly about personalizing them. Is it just a signature or can you alter the PHB to your liking?
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Omote wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:

~O

Steve
Wait, what? 22 PHBs at the $500 level. Is that right?

~O
Alright, I talked to Davis and that level was just confusing. As no one backed it, we dumped it and the other level. I'm pretty sure we were far gone by the time we wrote those up...Mac was involved at that point too. :lol: :lol:

Steve

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Troll Lord wrote:Alright, I talked to Davis and that level was just confusing. As no one backed it, we dumped it and the other level. I'm pretty sure we were far gone by the time we wrote those up...Mac was involved at that point too. :lol: :lol:

Steve
OK, that's just funny. "Drunk-posting" things on Kick-Starter, were ya?
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Sir Ironside wrote:Just a quick question. With so many PHB's (10-20) what would one do with so many of them? Other than (Lending/giving) them to your players, using them to prop-up that annoying, desk, coffee table, couch etc or pretending your a wizard and having a brand new one appear, with a flourish, if any damage is done to the book. (Though it is OK to say that you are using them for above. I'm not restricting answers, just curious as to how one would use them.

And what is meant, exactly about personalizing them. Is it just a signature or can you alter the PHB to your liking?
An autographed copy is a simple signature. Personalized is when we write a note to you, this usually involves some horrible chicken scratching from me and some beautiful script from Davis (he's old timey penmenship, mine looks like a drunk chicken with an arrow through its neck staggered across a bottle of spilled ink and onto your page).

Steve

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

That explains the bloody feathers in my copy of Classic Monsters!
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Troll Lord wrote: Alright, I talked to Davis and that level was just confusing. As no one backed it, we dumped it and the other level. I'm pretty sure we were far gone by the time we wrote those up...Mac was involved at that point too. :lol: :lol:

Steve
At 22 PHBs I was seriously considering it. Hell, I would probably have started my own Castles & Crusades convention up here in Ohio.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Troll Lord wrote:An autographed copy is a simple signature. Personalized is when we write a note to you, this usually involves some horrible chicken scratching from me and some beautiful script from Davis (he's old timey penmenship, mine looks like a drunk chicken with an arrow through its neck staggered across a bottle of spilled ink and onto your page).

Steve
I gotta say that the latter seems more interesting than the former. I'd figure I'd bring it to either a psychologist/psychiatrist so they can ask me what I see, or a diviner to tell me my future. :D

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Almost $6400 dogs! This project is FUNDED. Now, it's time for TLG to get me some of those books. Yee haw.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: C&C Players Handbook, 5th Printing (Preorder)

Post by Tadhg »

Just held up a liquor store and got the cash to support this excellent book!!

Sippin' the sour mash whiskey and remembering the look on the store clerk's face when he saw my Flamberge Sword. He turned over the cash right quick!! ;)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hallo,

We broke 10K this past week and are cruising toward 12000! Trollzah! Thanks to all who have back us so far.

But we aren't done yet. We've added a bonus reward of a set of dice, exclusive to this project! All pledges over 75.00 gain a complete set of dice from Crystal Caste, with a d20, d12, d10, d8, FOUR d 6's and a d4. The d6 will carry the special 5th Printing "5th Crusade".

If you've already backed this thank you very much, but be kind and spread to the word to all corners of the gaming world!

Players Handbook on Kickstarter.

Trollzah!
Steve

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Troll Lord wrote:All pledges over 75.00 gain a complete set of dice from Crystal Caste, with a d20, d12, d10, d8, FOUR d 6's and a d4. The d6 will carry the special 5th Printing "5th Crusade".
You mean, "All pledges of 75.00 or more..." I trust. :)
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

redwullf wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:All pledges over 75.00 gain a complete set of dice from Crystal Caste, with a d20, d12, d10, d8, FOUR d 6's and a d4. The d6 will carry the special 5th Printing "5th Crusade".
You mean, "All pledges of 75.00 or more..." I trust. :)
BUSTED!!! hahaahha

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Here is a sample page for the soon to be released Players Handbook, 5th printing:

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

That's very tastefully done. There are so many ways to do this wrong (oppressive borders and decoration, heavy page watermarking, etc.) My one complaint I think is the walnut colored text is nice, but (and maybe it's just the quality of the preview) doesn't have very sharp edges. I worry about that a bit because some books from TLG (like my copy of the CKG) have somewhat blurry fonts, and in color, it could be worse if the separation is off.

I like the parchment, how it is lighter where the text is and has a light touch.

(edit: it does look a bit sharper when opened separately, it looks a bit squashed in the post for some reason).
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Are any rule changes going to be released as errata?
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

The page resolution isn't great on this laptop I'm using, but I like what I see. Can't wait to sell this fine book, and many others at Archon in October.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I think this page looks great. I can't wait to see the finished product. Really, TLG has a first class product here for it's flagship line. THIS is what is going to take TLG to the next level. This is what is going to make the casual reader commit to C&C.

First class.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

I wasn't expecting the whole page to be color. I like it! Okay, might have to get a copy of this after all. Am I right in thinking that a color M&T is next on the agenda?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

For the past few months I have been talking up the 5th printing of the PHB to our gaming group. Our hope is to start a new C&C campaign/adventure series soon. But honestly, not too many were interested in picking up this version of the PHB. The 4th Crusade Green Cover versions of the PHB are really top-notch. As soon as I started forwarding our potential players to this page, the discussion has changed quite dramatically. This is a striking new version of the book. If I can get our curmudgeonly players to contemplate a new version of the PHB, TLG will really turn some heads with this project.

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Troll Lord wrote:Here is a sample page for the soon to be released Players Handbook, 5th printing:
The page looks awesome. The parchment background does give it a nice touch without being cluttered or hard to read, which were both problems that plagued the d20 core books from Hasbro. The nitpicker in me though has to point out that the text in the sample is not from the final draft. ;)

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

The page looks nice. Shows good restraint. Unlike some books that get crazy because they are colour. (I'm looking at you Mongoose; Judge Dredd.)

MattyHelms
Ungern

Post by MattyHelms »

Traveller wrote:
Troll Lord wrote:Here is a sample page for the soon to be released Players Handbook, 5th printing:
The page looks awesome. The parchment background does give it a nice touch without being cluttered or hard to read, which were both problems that plagued the d20 core books from Hasbro. The nitpicker in me though has to point out that the text in the sample is not from the final draft. ;)
Man, an awesome color layout and grammar fixes add up to TLG's finest book yet.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Traveller wrote:
Yeah. We're still going over this. I suspect Peter will need new eyeballs before this is done. ;)

"If could only see the things I've seen with your eyes . . . ." Roy from Bladerunner.

:shock:

Steve

mediapig
Ungern

Post by mediapig »

Did I read somewhere that you might be changing up the Barbarian again for the 5th printing? I was pretty happy with the 4th Printing version, but of course that doesn't mean it can't be better. Any ideas on what might be different? Of did I read this wrong?

Any chance of giving the fighter a bit more love?