TLG 80212 A12 The Paladin's Lament

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

TLG 80212 A12 The Paladin's Lament

Post by Troll Lord »

Product Type/Format & Price: 8.5 x 11 Saddle Stitched, 24 pages; $6.99
Ordering Info: TLG 80212, ISBN 978-1-931275-92-7

Beyond the comforts of home lie worlds of epic adventure.

In ages past the gates of Aufstrag stood strong; for over a mile the swamp was pushed back by a great stone dike and the ground sunk to 60 feet beneath the gate creating a deep pit. Called the Ebudeth Glich, the Horned One set loose horrors unimaginable in the pit, allowing them to feed upon all who fell or were thrown from above. To cross the feeding pit a ramp rose from the causeway, reaching the Portico at the Gate House that stood as home to the Mogrl Lords. Beyond that the broad porch, a quarter mile wide played home to the many supplicants who came to Aufstrag for want of service, waiting for the Captain of the Gates to grant them entry. Over all stood the Tower of the Guard, the home to the Undying Lord himself. Beyond stood the massive doors of the fortress itself, the Arghon Den, the Maw of Darkness.

But all that has changed, the dikes failed and the Ebudeth Glich filled with the stink of the swamps. Worse a beast of foul design broke the bondage of Aufstrag and haunts the Fetid Morass that laps surrounds the ramp. The Ramp itself is scrawled with a graffiti of the mad and the gate house, though dread Mogrl are long gone, houses a nameless shadow that hungers for a taste of the world's past. The Tower of the Guard stands still, linked to Aufstrag, by a thin span but watching over the Portico as a living thing. And the portico itself is covered in a slime that clings to those who would pass. All this leads to the great gates, and entry to Aufstrag.

A12 The Blasted Heath is an adventure module designed for 3-5 characters of 13th level and higher and follows the adventures in the 'A' series developed by Troll Lord Games. The adventure can be used without reference to the previous adventures should the Castle Keeper desire. For more details on this, please read Involving the Player Characters below.

Blasted Heath finds the characters across the ruins of the Wasting Way, the great causeway that crosses the Grausumland, the Grey Swamps, and approaching the Portico, where the gates of the ancient towers of Aufstrag stand. These fabled towers are home to an evil that plagued the world in centuries past, and one the world does not wish to see rise again. The Blasted Heath comprises a series of adventures in and around the Portico; from what lies in the Fetid Morass, to haunting of the Ramp that leads to the tall gates to the mystery of the blood stained arch.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: TLG 80212 A12 The Blasted Heath

Post by tylermo »

Where have I seen this cover before? )erhaps it was previewed awhile back? A unique cover to be certain. Onward to Aufstrag! Well, not quite...I'm hopeful to start A3 after I wrap up cons over the next two weekends.

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

That art work is outstanding. Even if I knew nothing of C&C, I would buy this because of the cover alone.
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

This also reminds me I am severely behind in the A series. I only have 1-4 and only in PDF. :oops:
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Fantastico!! :P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

That cover is awesome!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

redwullf
Ulthal

Post by redwullf »

Do announcements like this mean that some of the stuff that was announced aeons ago is about ready to come out...? I know, I know, snarky - but where are Aihrde and Runes? New announcements are great, but the stuff for which we have been waiting for over a year would be better (Codex of Aihrde 2/21/2012 and Rune Lore 3/6/2012).
"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities
for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” -- E. G. G.

--------------------------------------------------
Castles & Crusades Society Member

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

redwullf wrote:Do announcements like this mean that some of the stuff that was announced aeons ago is about ready to come out...? I know, I know, snarky - but where are Aihrde and Runes? New announcements are great, but the stuff for which we have been waiting for over a year would be better (Codex of Aihrde 2/21/2012 and Rune Lore 3/6/2012).
Check those threads for the updates on them (doing another round today).

But as I'm writing A12, so much of it is the Codex, seen from a different point of view its proven a nice break/inspirational piece for work on the Codex. Each morning I write 500-1000 words on A12, then shift to the editing/writing of Codex. Progress has been very good. A12 gets my creative juices flowing.

(and Todd hasn't figured it out yet, but I'm slowly moving admin stuff to his desk bwahahahah)

Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

This book is written as of the 10th. It needs a final read over and then off to editing.

Trollzah!
Steve

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Re: TLG 80212 A12 The Paladin's Lament

Post by Troll Lord »

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Is this to be the penultimate A-series module?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

A13 comes after this . . . but A13 is Aufstrag, from the Trenches to the Crown. Its going to be large. My thinking is that I'm doing to begin on this now and start releasing PDFs with sections.

:shock:

Steve

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Troll Lord wrote:A13 comes after this . . . but A13 is Aufstrag, from the Trenches to the Crown. Its going to be large. My thinking is that I'm doing to begin on this now and start releasing PDFs with sections.

Steve
Man up Steve wait better yet Troll Up Steve you can do it

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Troll Lord wrote:A13 comes after this . . . but A13 is Aufstrag, from the Trenches to the Crown. Its going to be large. My thinking is that I'm doing to begin on this now and start releasing PDFs with sections.

Steve
Seems like some market research might be in order. My own preference would be to get it all at once, but I suppose some CKs would prefer to run it as it comes and know what comes next.

I am curious, for those who run the Umbrage Saga, assuming they are doing it linearly, where are they in the series right now with their group?

I guess I'll start me a poll.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

So you guys are suggesting I just quit my belly aching and as soon as the Codex of Aihrde is done hammer down Aufstrag?

Market research? This is TLG we kind of go by our gut . . . after a few Guinness of course. And I'm pretty sure even if we did a poll, that the two of you serve as enough market research! :D

Steve

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

Troll Lord wrote:So you guys are suggesting I just quit my belly aching and as soon as the Codex of Aihrde is done hammer down Aufstrag?
Damn Straight! Are you still talking get back to work! ;p

-Mike

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Attention! Treebore, Rigon, Draycian, Sir Ironside, and Mgtremaine, you guys seriously need to buy A12 immediately. Trust me on this one. A pleasant surprise awaits. You won't be disappointed. Check out pg. 22. I spotted this last Sunday at the hotel (GenCon weekend). All I can say is, "Thanks, Stephen!"

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

tylermo wrote:Attention! Treebore, Rigon, Draycian, Sir Ironside, and Mgtremaine, you guys seriously need to buy A12 immediately. Trust me on this one. A pleasant surprise awaits. You won't be disappointed. Check out pg. 22. I spotted this last Sunday at the hotel (GenCon weekend). All I can say is, "Thanks, Stephen!"

Awesome! Immortalized forever! Oh, unless the players use fire!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

This materialized from a thread about Aihrde awhile back. One of the aforementioned guys said something that must have inspired Stephen. I'll have to check my past posts to find it. Either way, I finally got something out of pestering Stephen and Todd with pop culture and political discussions for the last 10 years. Lol. I thought maybe I'D get to be the Horned One, but you can't have it all. ;-)

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

HAH! That is awesome!

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

oh my god I am literally bouncing at work

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

You'll be the envy of the office, Dracyian.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

:shock: Those Trolls they got style!

-Mike

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

My manager was laughing at me, but this is a sure way to get me to buy TLG products lol

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:This materialized from a thread about Aihrde awhile back. One of the aforementioned guys said something that must have inspired Stephen. I'll have to check my past posts to find it. Either way, I finally got something out of pestering Stephen and Todd with pop culture and political discussions for the last 10 years. Lol. I thought maybe I'D get to be the Horned One, but you can't have it all. ;-)
If this is about what I think it is about, I believe we, those listed above "we", had an inspirational exchange for Steve here on these forums. One which somehow inspired Steve to immortalize it in a upcoming module. Apparently this one.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Steve you should send a signed copy up to Gamehole con this November for me to buy

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Draycian, I make no promises, but I'll see what I can work out for you. Two shipments probably coming, one in late Sep and other in late Oct (before Game Hole).

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:Draycian, I make no promises, but I'll see what I can work out for you. Two shipments probably coming, one in late Sep and other in late Oct (before Game Hole).
thank you much sir

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

LOL Glad you guys enjoyed it! I thought about making them play a larger part in the Aufstrag adventures, but they will probably be slain by those darn overzealous player characters!

:)

Steve

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Thanks again, Stephen. I look forward to be killed by pc's everywhere. Actually, it may be some time before we Trolls die. Nobody's up to A12 yet. haha.