85801 Character Record Folio

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

36 pages, $6.99, Saddle Stitched, ISBN: 978-1-936822-30-0

This product is ready for immediate shipping.

The little brown book.

You plunged into the unknown, fought the troll’s of Black Tooth Ridge, slipped across the high walls of the Sea Towns and defeated the Lords of Dro Mandras. You’ve held the net of empty and stolen the jewels of Gwahir. All these moments are yours to hold for all time . . . .lest they be forgotten!
Download the Sample Pages

So we bring you The Character Record Folio. This little brown book is the perfect tool to log your character’s many adventures. Small and highly portable the CRF is the perfect fit to scribble notes in during game play and expand on them later.

Each book comes complete with two pages for the vital information of who your character is: his name, race, class, level, alignment and language with a section for notes, such as description or origins. It also has the hit point progression for each level.

This is followed by a five page spread designed to touch on all the highlights with details of a night’s game or adventure. In those five pages are notes on the adventure name, experience points, hit points, BtH with mods for various weapons, followed a chart to track rations and water, arrows or bolts, spells memorized, equipment lost and found, treasure acquire, monsters encountered and a final page for notes about the adventure.

This is repeated seven times, allowing you to log the significant events from seven different adventures.

The back of the book has a place to log NPCs or persons of interest met and the final page is a log for your fallen comrades.

The CRF is the perfect adventure log to record your characters annals!

Beyond the comforts of home, lie worlds of epic adventure!

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: 85801 Character Record Folio

Post by alcyone »

These are cool. I ordered the iron rations kit that came with a few of these and some C&C pencils. They are thick, sturdy things, reminiscent of the OD&D books. I think they'll be useful. Each adventure section has enough room to record info about several sessions. Or at least my inadequate notes.

The pencils that came with the iron rations OTOH. We'll, they are like most novelty printed pencils; broken, off-centered leads. I am probably using them wrong; I think they are just for throwing at unruly players. Are Ticonderogas the only pencils that actually take a point?

Note to trolls: maybe mechanical pencils next time?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I'm glad your enjoying the book! We are working on a perfect bound edition to see if it holds up well. We are working on a CK Chronicles now.

As for the pencils, I can't get my darn pencil sharpner to work. Its one of the old ones we all had on the wall at school so its rather annoying. But when I do I'll have a gander at them. Of course, when they arrived it had stamped on the box Made in China which is never a good sign. We are usually careful where we have things manufactured as I am rather choosy. But we'll look at better ones next time around! Maybe we can get Davis or Mark to make some. Those dudes are always building stuff! ;)

Steve

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I think I just have bad luck with pencils anyway. I actually went out and bought a new sharpener, and it was a little better.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Aergraith wrote:The pencils that came with the iron rations OTOH. We'll, they are like most novelty printed pencils; broken, off-centered leads. I am probably using them wrong; I think they are just for throwing at unruly players. Are Ticonderogas the only pencils that actually take a point?
No, you're not using them wrong. Novelty pencils almost always use the cheapest pencils one could find. Since all pencils are not created equally you're experiencing why buying brand name pencils are much, much better in the long run.

Maybe buy good pencils and "chew" on them for that fantasy monster look. :lol:
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Sir Ironside wrote:
Aergraith wrote:The pencils that came with the iron rations OTOH. We'll, they are like most novelty printed pencils; broken, off-centered leads. I am probably using them wrong; I think they are just for throwing at unruly players. Are Ticonderogas the only pencils that actually take a point?
No, you're not using them wrong. Novelty pencils almost always use the cheapest pencils one could find. Since all pencils are not created equally you're experiencing why buying brand name pencils are much, much better in the long run.

This is really good advice, especially if you are having trouble getting fiber into your diet ;)

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Dracyian wrote:
Sir Ironside wrote:

This is really good advice, especially if you are having trouble getting fiber into your diet ;)
Maybe paint the pencils blood red then paint them flesh coloured before chewing. :twisted:
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

These are awesome, BUT:

- Fix the typos
- Go back to brown covers; they look cooler than the green.
- Add a full character sheet
- Add 1 sheet of quadrille and one sheet of hex with keys like the Mapping Sheets

The brown covered ones seem heavier, but maybe they are just less creased at the spine and don't lie as flat.

These are a cool bonus to hand your players and make them glad they are playing C&C (though they might take better notes, so stay on your toes.)