On the Anvil {01-09-07} C2 Shades of Mist (NOW AVAILABLE)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Troll Lord wrote:
The present map I'm working on is 70 x 45. Presently I'm looking at a full color map, maybe in several sections or maybe one large map.

Steve

70 x 45? Inches!?!? I will guess not in inches, or the one you are working on starts out that alrge and then is scaled to fit the module.

Sweet cookies.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Omote wrote:
70 x 45? Inches!?!? I will guess not in inches, or the one you are working on starts out that alrge and then is scaled to fit the module.

Sweet cookies.

-O

mmmm... cookies...

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

That's my working copy. Peter just informed me he's going to scale it down to 22 by 34. We will probably print the whole on four sheets of 11 x 17 paper and sell separately and include one scaled down in the book. Eventually we'll do it on one large sheet.

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Troll Lord wrote:
That's my working copy. Peter just informed me he's going to scale it down to 22 by 34. We will probably print the whole on four sheets of 11 x 17 paper and sell separately and include one scaled down in the book. Eventually we'll do it on one large sheet.

Steve

That's pretty awesome... though I could still wouldn't mind a cookie right about now.
M

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

That's a great idea. Obviously the Darkenfold plays a pretty predominant role in the current Aihrde modules and even the folio to and extent. What better way to detail an important section of the world then with a big, lovely map! Yum.
-O
VAE VICTUS!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Troll Lord wrote:
The present map I'm working on is 70 x 45. Presently I'm looking at a full color map, maybe in several sections or maybe one large map.

Steve

Oh sweet JeeBees!! That just made my day!

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

moriarty777 wrote:
That's pretty awesome... though I could still wouldn't mind a cookie right about now.
M

I couldn't find any cookies, but I did find a Cookie Monster...

Will that do?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Rigon wrote:
I couldn't find any cookies, but I did find a Cookie Monster...

R-

I will try to steal its cookie. Do I roll for initiative or try to pick his pocket?

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

-- E. Gary Gygax
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Zudrak wrote:
I will try to steal its cookie. Do I roll for initiative or try to pick his pocket?

Roll initiative first, if you win then you can try to pick its pocket.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

I wonder how high of a roll one would have to make to 'successfully' steal a cookie from the cookie monster. How many HD does he have?

M

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

moriarty777 wrote:
I wonder how high of a roll one would have to make to 'successfully' steal a cookie from the cookie monster. How many HD does he have?

M

Only 3, but he has a special ability that increases the target number when it comes to his cookies.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The Cookie Monster
No. Encountered: 1 (Unique)
Size: Medium
HD: 3(d8)
Move: 30 feet, 10 feet (climb)
AC: 14
Attack: Bite 2d4
Special: Sugar Rush, Cookie Monster
Saves: P
Int: Low
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: Monstrous Humanoid
Treasure: Special (see below)
XP Value: 55 +5

The Cookie Monster (one must always refer to this fearsome being as such, for there is only one such creature in all of the realms) is a man-sized blue cookie-eating fanatic, whose single purpose, apparently, is the destruction of well-baked kuchen goods. It is unknown if The Cookie Monster is male or female, but it seems to have a preference for consumables with peanut butter or chocolate chips - many a baker has feared the utterance of The Cookie Monster's only known war-cry: "C is for Cookie, its good enough for Me!" Despite the appalling lack of goodwill shown to children through munching any, and all, cookies possible, they seem to be attracted to the beast - perhaps the bobbling eyes and soft blue fur make them at ease... or it is a fell guise of the most demonic sort - none, so far, have been willing to investigate. The Cookie Monster seems to lack any teeth, perhaps rotted away from the senseless forays into mad sugar consumption have affected it, leaving it with a voracious maw of non-stop demand.
Combat: Unless one is a cookie, one has little to fear from The Cookie Monster. However, in those instances, The Cookie Monster is unstoppable. It attacks with vengeance borne from madness and hunger, an insatiable drive to crunch and taste that would make even the most edacious sick with envy.

Sugar Rush: Should The Cookie Monster devour a cookie, regardless of the amount, type, size, or flavor, it gains all the abilities of a 20th level barbarian and monk, and can use its bite attack as many times as there are cookies to be eaten; these additional attacks must be directed at the cookies, fortunately.

Cookie Monster: The Cookie Monster can swallow any cookie on a natural attack roll of 12 or higher, even if that would ordinarily miss the armor class of the cookie - in this case, the cookie is not destroyed instantly, but suffers three times normal damage. Lastly, should another try to steal, or take a cookie away from The Cookie Monster, The Cookie Monster is considered a 30 HD monster, or 10 levels higher than the would-be thief, whichever is higher.
Special: Due to its great experience with, and connoisseurship of all things cookie, there is a wealth of information available from The Cookie Monster. In its lair, rumored to be a hidden bakery somewhere on Sesame Street, there resides a tome of pastry significance. Within its pages lie the recipes for every known cookie, several of magical ability, and more of as-yet undiscovered quality and property. Any culinary student would be amazed at its contents. Castle Keepers are advised to treat this enchiridion as an artifact of immense power.

K2h2m3

Post by K2h2m3 »

Question. Is there any way that the white border where the maps meet can be avoided? It's my only gripe about the Aihrde Folio. The white border where the cradle of the world maps meet is rather annoying. Minor I know, but I just figured I'd mention it.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I know that if we talked about the Cookie Monster long enough, Serl would be around with a write up. Very nice, as always, Serl.
R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Rigon wrote:
I know that if we talked about the Cookie Monster long enough, Serl would be around with a write up. Very nice, as always, Serl.
R-

OMG! I didn't see this till this Thursday morning. So funny... so well done! Kudos Serl -- you've made my day!

M

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Edit:

Post moved over the TCM thread in the Rules, Laws and Chaos forum.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

serleran wrote:
The Cookie Monster
No. Encountered: 1 (Unique)
Size: Medium
HD: 3(d8)
Move: 30 feet, 10 feet (climb)
AC: 14
Attack: Bite 2d4
Special: Sugar Rush, Cookie Monster
Saves: P
Int: Low
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: Monstrous Humanoid
Treasure: Special (see below)
XP Value: 55 +5

The Cookie Monster (one must always refer to this fearsome being as such, for there is only one such creature in all of the realms) is a man-sized blue cookie-eating fanatic, whose single purpose, apparently, is the destruction of well-baked kuchen goods. It is unknown if The Cookie Monster is male or female, but it seems to have a preference for consumables with peanut butter or chocolate chips - many a baker has feared the utterance of The Cookie Monster's only known war-cry: "C is for Cookie, its good enough for Me!" Despite the appalling lack of goodwill shown to children through munching any, and all, cookies possible, they seem to be attracted to the beast - perhaps the bobbling eyes and soft blue fur make them at ease... or it is a fell guise of the most demonic sort - none, so far, have been willing to investigate. The Cookie Monster seems to lack any teeth, perhaps rotted away from the senseless forays into mad sugar consumption have affected it, leaving it with a voracious maw of non-stop demand.
Combat: Unless one is a cookie, one has little to fear from The Cookie Monster. However, in those instances, The Cookie Monster is unstoppable. It attacks with vengeance borne from madness and hunger, an insatiable drive to crunch and taste that would make even the most edacious sick with envy.

Sugar Rush: Should The Cookie Monster devour a cookie, regardless of the amount, type, size, or flavor, it gains all the abilities of a 20th level barbarian and monk, and can use its bite attack as many times as there are cookies to be eaten; these additional attacks must be directed at the cookies, fortunately.

Cookie Monster: The Cookie Monster can swallow any cookie on a natural attack roll of 12 or higher, even if that would ordinarily miss the armor class of the cookie - in this case, the cookie is not destroyed instantly, but suffers three times normal damage. Lastly, should another try to steal, or take a cookie away from The Cookie Monster, The Cookie Monster is considered a 30 HD monster, or 10 levels higher than the would-be thief, whichever is higher.
Special: Due to its great experience with, and connoisseurship of all things cookie, there is a wealth of information available from The Cookie Monster. In its lair, rumored to be a hidden bakery somewhere on Sesame Street, there resides a tome of pastry significance. Within its pages lie the recipes for every known cookie, several of magical ability, and more of as-yet undiscovered quality and property. Any culinary student would be amazed at its contents. Castle Keepers are advised to treat this enchiridion as an artifact of immense power.

Steve

[email protected]

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Troll Lord wrote:
Steve

I echo that sentiment! LOL!!!
I've been away from the boards since Wednesday and I missed this. Great stuff, Serl. After reading his abilities, I've decided to let TCM go and simply pick up the crumbs that his particular eating style leaves behind.

Here, I have found the great beast with his other magical item, The Sheet of Cookies!

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

-- E. Gary Gygax
Psalm 73:26

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Shades of Mist goes to editing this week. Of course its now entering the Log Jam that is Upper Works.
Steve

05-20-08

[email protected]

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

This product is all but done. I have some playtester notes to integrate which really won't take an hour or such) and peter has to tidy up a map and then this book is press ready. So next week for sure as the dust from Gencon and the revamped schedule settles.

Steve

[email protected]

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Good to hear that this product is still moving forward. Thanks Steve.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Shades of Mist goes to print today. Should be ready to ship by Monday.

Steve

09-11-08

[email protected]

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Good to hear! It'll be nice to take a trip back out to in that area of the setting.

M

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

And a bit of a preview of the eventual full color map...

A black and white version of this will be appearing in the module. A biiiiig version 24 x36 or so of this in full color will also be available sometime soon.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

It looks *FANTASTIC* ... Great work!

M

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Man, that Bradley comes through AGAIN! With as long as Shades has been delayed, this thing is going to kick some serious tookis.

-O
VAE VICTUS!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

The map looks like Asia and Australia merged together. Neat.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Awsome!!!! Just in time for my birthday.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Secret story here... that's what TLG was shootin' for Rig. Just so ya know. HPD.

-O
VAE VICTUS!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

That's fantastic! Now if they would send me a copy as a present, that would be great.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads