Switch to full style
This forum is a rarely properly updated forum that discusses everything we are working on at the Dens!
Post a reply

Re: CKG

Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:58 am

Rigon wrote:I should have backed that Kickstarter after all. :(

I have said that myself a few times. :lol:

We will just have to commiserate in our need to wait. :D

Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:45 pm

The CKG 2nd print launched in PDF today. I just downloaded my copy.

R-

Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:13 pm

Now for sale to the general public!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/88525&affiliate_id=121555

TLG store:

http://trolllord.com/tlgstore/#!/Castle-Keepers-Guide-D/p/45154034/category=11639190

Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Ok, I went to RPGNow and bought the PDF along with a few other things. I am so weak willed. :lol:

One interesting item to note. When I completed my transaction there were two files in my Library.

One named: TLG_8015_Castle_Keepers_Guide.pdf
and one named: TLG_8015_Castle_Keepers_Guide_Digital.pdf

The interesting part was the first, when opened is the first printing. The one with "Digital" when opened is the second printing.

Don't get me wrong, I do not mind being given both version files. I just thought if someone opens the first and does not open the second they might think they paid for the old printing file.

Either way, thank you so much for making it available to us so quickly. :D

Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:24 pm

It was waiting in my library! Yes Daniel the 2 copies being shown caught me off guard too.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:21 pm

They decided to keep both copies available to us, the customers. BTW, they have already done two updates. So in a day or two, you may want to DL it again to get the most corrected version.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:29 pm

Treebore wrote:They decided to keep both copies available to us, the customers. BTW, they have already done two updates. So in a day or two, you may want to DL it again to get the most corrected version.

That is a cool thing to do. Leave the "Historical" as well as the latest. :D

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Treebore wrote:They decided to keep both copies available to us, the customers. BTW, they have already done two updates. So in a day or two, you may want to DL it again to get the most corrected version.

I'm collecting errata now that I've got the pdf.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Arduin wrote:

Not sure if it is errata, but the file I have has two sets of book marks, like they duplicated them in error. Both sets work, just no need for two. :D

Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:17 am

Daniel wrote:
Arduin wrote:

Not sure if it is errata, but the file I have has two sets of book marks, like they duplicated them in error. Both sets work, just no need for two. :D

That was one of the updates, getting rid of the extra set.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:16 am

Treebore wrote:
Daniel wrote: Not sure if it is errata, but the file I have has two sets of book marks, like they duplicated them in error. Both sets work, just no need for two. :D

That was one of the updates, getting rid of the extra set.

Well then, done and done. :mrgreen:

I am having fun reading this. I found the first few pages very much in line with how I think of rule sets and games. Nice to see it spelled out so clearly.

I also had a strange, but not bad, reaction to reading the aging table and the effects of aging. It reminding me of reading the AD&D DM's Guide and thinking about age and my poor human vs. the rest of the party who were all elves. What a fun memory that was.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:44 pm

Speaking of the aging tables...did they ever fix the ages of some of the standard races vs. the ages that were listed in the phb. I know some of them used to differ. Not sure which ones because I'm not home at the moment.
Post a reply