Codex Germania

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Codex Germania

Post by Treebore »

I think we will be seeing this KS soon. Like within the next 60 days.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

Treebore,

it looks like you are correct. The Trolls are prepping their next major Kickstarter: a mythos triology: Germania, Slavorum and Classicus. This is going to be a massive undertaking, but bring all three to the fore far quicker.

JLL

Ishvara
Henchman

Post by Ishvara »

Is anything happening with this Codex Germania? I was really interested in this when I first heard about it, but I had long since given up and forgotten about it until by chance something jogged my memory today and I came here to check...

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Treebore wrote:I think we will be seeing this KS soon. Like within the next 60 days.
Hmm, any new data Tree?
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

From the last Kickstarter update:
KICKSTARTER wrote:
October 8, 2015

It's been a few weeks since our last update and we apologize for that. But things are moving along and we are working hard to get everything wrapped up to get out to you as soon as possible, hopefully November.

The Codex Germania book is laid out and Peter is working on interior art. Codex Slavorum is completed and is headed to editor. Codex Classicum is being finished as we type this. Mr. Young is hard at work! :-)
~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Ishvara
Henchman

Post by Ishvara »

Anybody heard any news on this? Or should we just abandon all hope of ever seeing it?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Ishvara wrote:Anybody heard any news on this? Or should we just abandon all hope of ever seeing it?
I believe it is finished, just waiting it's turn in layout and art. But that shouldn't be to much longer with Player's Guide to Aihrde and Victorious wrapping up.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The main books are done, but as usual the extra's will come later. So once layout is done, we should get the PDF's and be given a week or two to identify problems for them before they go to the printers. As to when that will be? I imagine Rigon is right, after they get Victorious finalized. The main PD is done, and the editing on that looked top notch to me. I didn't find any errors in two hours of looking for them. Mike has all but one or two items submitted for editing for the supplemental Victorious specific extra's. He may have submitted those since he gave me my last update two weeks ago. Anyways, the Trolls are moving along, so we will eventually see all of these things. Like I have been saying for years, ALWAYS expect it to take longer than expected. ALWAYS.

Plus I did a mini review of the Codex Germania right here in the C&C forum a few weeks ago. So we already have that PDF.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My thread on the Codex Germania PDF... with responses from the author.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15921

Ishvara
Henchman

Post by Ishvara »

Cool, thanks guys, look forward to reading this long awaited tome...