View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
On the Anvil: TLG 8951 C&C Basic Game 
Red Cap

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, but can someone tell me what levels will be covered in the Basic Set?

I really hope it's not just 1-3.
Thanks!

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:12 pm
Battle Stag

Hmm, I beleive gideon_thorne (or possibly Steve) did in fact mention this in one of the various Basic threads. I can't remember quite clearly, but i thought it was level 1 through level 12.

-O

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

-O

Wed May 07, 2008 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

Was the "brown box" reference on the from page of www.trolllord.com on 11 May, 2008 in reference to this game?

-O

Mon May 12, 2008 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

Omote wrote:
Was the "brown box" reference on the from page of www.trolllord.com on 11 May, 2008 in reference to this game?

-O

Doubtful. The box set up I designed is blue. ^_~`

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Mon May 12, 2008 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

Hmm. I remember the picture, but things can change. Oh well, give me the game show buzzer sound FX then.

-O

Mon May 12, 2008 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Unkbartig

John Adams

Mon May 12, 2008 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

I'll buy it when it comes out. Maybe I can rope in some new players. At the least my 8 year old can maybe learn the basics. LOL.

Why no Halfling?? You have the "basic" four classes and Elf, Dwarf. But no Halfling. With the popularity of Lord of the Rings & upcoming (hopefully) Hobbit movie, it might be a mistake.

BTW- A small error you might wanna fix early.

On the ordering page the Basic Set is listed as $19.95, but when you click on it for more info, its $29.95.

then the Pact is to Avenge.

Mon May 12, 2008 9:53 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Steve

05-20-08

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
troll@trolllord.com

Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games

Tue May 20, 2008 7:20 pm
Unkbartig

Troll Lord wrote:
Delayed.

Steve

05-20-08

John Adams

Tue May 20, 2008 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

I should not be so unkind to this project as it is the one I want to work on the most. I've had major insight into what it takes to make a beginner set in the past few months. I've been running a game for some neighborhood kids and they truthfully read but did not grasp the siege mechanic as easily as we thought youngins would. They have NO background in table top RPGs and their parents are completely mystified about them...there is no stigma whatsoever. And, most importantly, they play tons of video games, but WANT to game over here at the house every weekend.

Its all very refreshing.

But watching them play has opened up my eyes to whole worlds of what I want in the Basic set.

Soon, very soon.

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
troll@trolllord.com

Steve Chenault, President & CEO of Chenault & Gray Publishing, Troll Lord Games

Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 am
Mogrl

It should prove interesting. Kids have a completely different grasp on imagination than we elder folks.

Wed May 21, 2008 1:17 am
Ulthal

So, I know it was delayed and CKG is taking the front seat right now, but I was just curious what the latest word was on this project.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:47 pm
Battle Stag

-O

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

I brought C&C basic up in Society chat when Steve popped in and he said 9I don't remember his wording) that basically planned on making C&C basic a cornerstone of their line. (Or something like that).

Not a time frame, but good news to hear.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:50 pm
Maukling

FWIW, a release by Christmas time would be greatly appreciated! Santa's thinking about delivering thing to my son.

Troll Lord wrote:
Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 pm
Mist Elf

* For the sake of beginners who may not have an experienced player to guide them in the game, please include a fairly copious example of play. I would guess it should be one complete page long, front and back.

* Despite its conceptual simplicity, the SIEGE Engine has engendered quite a bit of confusion even among adult players. Please include *numerous* examples of how to use it along with examples of where it would not be needed. Naturally, both types should appear in the sample narrative I suggest above, but I would also recommend a couple pages devoted just to individual "case studies."

* Can you do anything to promote the game among schools, libraries, community youth organizations, etc? I'm thinking of a "fact sheet" that lists the potential pluses of RPGs on social and mental development, guidelines on how to create a "C&C Club," and maybe a coupon.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:52 am
Hlobane Orc

Okay, just got the 4e starter set...This Basic set HAS to be better then this starter. No player generation...only pregens in the starter...though it does have a nice amount of monsters. Still...no player generation...Basic thing...C&C basic set has to be better then this!

Any updates since last month?

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:44 pm
Battle Stag

That being said, and how generally crappy everything 4E is already, what better time then now to get CASTLES & CRUSADES BASIC in the pipeline and zooming at us at 1000 mph?! Can't wait to see some C&C Basic. I'll bug those Troll guys every chance I get to remind them about C&C basic. Beleeeeeeve that!
-O

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

GreyLord wrote:
Okay, just got the 4e starter set...This Basic set HAS to be better then this starter. No player generation...only pregens in the starter...though it does have a nice amount of monsters. Still...no player generation...Basic thing...C&C basic set has to be better then this!

Any updates since last month?

Are you kidding me?! Wow, that's sad.
I was almost considering getting this, and character creation was one of the reasons why. Wow. Just wow.

Quote:
Omote wrote:
That being said, and how generally crappy everything 4E is already, what better time then now to get CASTLES & CRUSADES BASIC in the pipeline and zooming at us at 1000 mph?! Can't wait to see some C&C Basic. I'll bug those Troll guys every chance I get to remind them about C&C basic. Beleeeeeeve that!

This guy here makes some pretty good sense.

Troll Lord wrote:

Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 pm
Ulthal

Omote wrote:
-O

Your views intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 am
Battle Stag

bighara wrote:
Your views intrigue me, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

No problem. As a valued customer of Troll Lord Games, consider my daily rants, raves, and reviews part of your free subscritpion. The tote bag on the other hand is $29.95.

-O

Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Henchman

I'd love to give this to my nephew for Christmas. Any news on availability?

Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:57 am
Ulthal

I as well have a coupla potential players. It'd be nice to be able to throw this at em at Christmas. Yes we do throw gifts at one another. Its a way of saying yeah I love ya but if I catch ya slippin, BAM!, box upside the head.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:36 pm
Maukling

It's a hope I've had for a while, now. I seriously think that Steve and the Boys should think about getting this out before Christmas. Just me two cents, though.

Troll Lord wrote:

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Ulthal

While I'm not counting on it, there would be at least 2 sets purchased by me if not three. One for my daughter, one for my nieces, and one for MEEEE!
Of course, that will probably happen whenver it comes out, but for X-mas would be with Bac-os on top.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:06 pm
Maukling

bighara wrote:
Oh man!

While I'm not counting on it, there would be at least 2 sets purchased by me if not three. One for my daughter, one for my nieces, and one for MEEEE!
Of course, that will probably happen whenver it comes out, but for X-mas would be with Bac-os on top.

I hear that! I would at least buy two sets as well, one for me and one for my son. I might even buy a few to give out as presents. And yeah, I'll buy at least two regardless, but having them for Christmas would be too sweet!.

Troll Lord wrote:

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:09 pm
Ulthal

I guess CnCBG for unda da tree is a no go, huh?

Ah well, still looking forward to it.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:20 pm
Maukling

bighara wrote:
So...?

I guess CnCBG for unda da tree is a no go, huh?

Ah well, still looking forward to it.

Right there with ya, pal.

Troll Lord wrote:

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:10 pm
Battle Stag

Lord Dynel wrote:
Right there with ya, pal.

+2. Ditto. Check.

-O

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next