Shipping this Week {01-31-09} TLG 1115 Crusader No. 15

This forum is a rarely properly updated forum that discusses everything we are working on at the Dens!
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Shipping this Week {01-31-09} TLG 1115 Crusader No. 15

Post by Troll Lord »

Product Type: Magazine

Format/Price: Saddle stitched, 36 pages, $3.99 or $20.00 (6 issues)

Written By: Chenault & Gray Publishing

Ordering Info: TLG 1115, ISBN TBA

Release Date: January 09
Crusader No. 15

The Crusader is a Journal dedicated to games and the gamers who play them. Within its pages lie a plethora of articles that touch upon many of our common interests. Though each issue sports at least one crunchy bit rules article for Castles & Crusades, the magazines focus is much more broad. The Journal offers articles that range from the common and simple How To articles, to advice, fiction, poetry, humor, art and more.

Alea iacta est: Experience Points When is Too Little Too Much

The Blacktooth Ridge: Focus on Adventure, the A series.

This issue we welcome the wonderful Tim Kask and his new column Dragongrumbles!

Darker Shade of Ale Adventure!

The Angry Gamer

Game Reviews by James M. Ward

Monsters of Aihrde

And More!!

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
troll@trolllord.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Nice to see Tim kicking it with the Trolls.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord said:
Quote:
Though each issue sports at least one crunchy bit rules article for Castles & Crusades and/or Gary Gygax's Lejendary Adventure,

Is this still true, about Lejendary Adventure articles in Crusader? If not, might be best to pull this line from the ad-copy.

Love how the Crusader keeps getting better. I know a goal is to make it interesting for folks outside of the C&C family, but I love the crunchy stuff!

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

James M. Ward
Red Cap

Post by James M. Ward »

This is James M. Ward the managing editor of Crusader. I just want to say a few things.

If you are interested in writing for the magazine we are always looking for good articles. Feel free to contact me at sirjmw@aol.com with ideas and I will tell you if they are good or not.

I sure would like it if all the readers of this web site would be subscribers of the magazine. I made Steve give a nice discount in subscribing. Please sign up. I can tell you that 2009 is going to be an amazing year and you won't want to miss one issue.

C&C fans are great supporters and I for one really appreciate the feedback I'm getting about the magazine.

Thanks,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Crusader

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Tim coming aboard with a new column sounds good, Jim. Any clues to what the article will focus on?
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Pat Payne
Hlobane Orc

Post by Pat Payne »

Wow -- I think as soon as payday comes 'round, I'm going to have to subscribe. I was too young (and for about a year or two of it, too unborn ) to get in on the glory days of The Dragon. Here it sounds though like, as a certain E. Blues might say: "We're gettin' da band back together."

James M. Ward
Red Cap

Post by James M. Ward »

I learned a lot by watching DRAGON magazine grow. I was also its publisher for several years and so you will see the best features of DRAGON appearing in CRUSADER magazine. If you haven't gotten your subscription already, please seriously consider getting a sub to the magazine right now. It could be possible you are getting a real collectible just like DRAGON #1 is now.

best,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

CRUSADER

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Are there any features of The Dragon (like Giants in the Earth) or other article segments (ie, maybe the Creature Feature) or something you would like to see added, Jim? If wanted, I could easily crank out something new monster-wise every month.

And, in case you weren't aware (I wouldn't expect you to know this,) I am the guy who did the monsters for C&C originally, and that freak who submitted the Engineering Dungeons article which was for your first issue as main man at Crusader.

I have your email if you would like me to send something.

James M. Ward
Red Cap

Post by James M. Ward »

Serleran,

please get in contact with me at sirjmw@aol.com and we can talk about articles. I'm always looking to add people to write for Crusader magazine. After all, now that we are 36 pages I need to think about the time when we are 48 pages long.

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Crusader

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Email has been sent.