TLG 8033 Umbrage Saga A0--A5 (Available)

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:
Hey all,

As some of you may be aware, but for those who are not. Distributors close down their shipping facilities, stop taking orders a week out from Christmas. This impacts our shipping/announcing schedule and always pushes it a week further out (I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any sense)...BUT

In order to get product in stores before Christmas we had to have it mail bound by the 10th. For the Umbrage Saga we failed that test. I wanted that to be the last product of the year, but it will be the first product of 2010. It will probably ship next week or thereabouts but not be available for purchase in stores until week 1 or 2 of January.

Steve

Bummer, I ordered it thru my flgs several weeks ago. Ah well, at least I know it's coming! And my players have DB6 goodness to go through for now anyway.

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:
Hey all,

As some of you may be aware, but for those who are not. Distributors close down their shipping facilities, stop taking orders a week out from Christmas. This impacts our shipping/announcing schedule and always pushes it a week further out (I'm pretty sure that doesn't make any sense)...BUT

In order to get product in stores before Christmas we had to have it mail bound by the 10th. For the Umbrage Saga we failed that test. I wanted that to be the last product of the year, but it will be the first product of 2010. It will probably ship next week or thereabouts but not be available for purchase in stores until week 1 or 2 of January.

Steve

This still on track for next week or week after at my FLGS?? I wanted to support the flgs and keep them ordering from TLG so I haven't ordered direct. But I'm tired of waiting for it.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

I am going to attempt to do a video product announcement on the Umbrage Saga tomorrow. Attempt being the operative word. But it will be shipping to Retailers next week for announcement on January 14.

Thanks,

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

Troll Lord wrote:
I am going to attempt to do a video product announcement on the Umbrage Saga tomorrow. Attempt being the operative word. But it will be shipping to Retailers next week for announcement on January 14.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks Steve. I'm ready to bust out my piggy bank now! In fact, I will be purchasing it with my spare change saved over the last 6 months. Figured the flgs could handle the change better than TLG could!

Stainless
Ungern

Post by Stainless »

Troll Lord wrote:

Thanks,

Steve

On the subject of videos, you guys should ask Kurt Wiegel aka Game Geeks to do a review of C&C. It's conspicuous by its abscence.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:

Thanks,

Steve

Nice. Very cool idea . . me likes!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

stoneshape
Hlobane Orc

Post by stoneshape »

Good catch Stainless. I don't think Game Geeks has done a review of C&C.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Hey folks,

I uploaded the first video log on the TLG facebook page. You can access it here: facebook to see it. This video talks about the Umbrage Saga box set.

I will send this over to Brian and it will go up on the webpage in the next few days, on the 4th estate page.

Thanks,

Steve

[email protected]

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Say it with me... Ooom Bridge. Heh. No that you're saying it wrong, it just cracks me up. Don't know why.

Oh, and the textured graphic idea is much better than the purple dope.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Steve, has this begun shipping again with the new cover and all? I need to get mine ordered.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

The new version is out. For those of you who ordered the first run we'll get you replacement copies in the mail in the next few weeks. We also did some text edits, cleaned up some of the interior and added an extra book of maps.

Steve

[email protected]

Stainless
Ungern

Post by Stainless »

Great. I'm looking forward to this hitting the UK shops.

===============

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

That is TOO SWEET! Defintely a most awseome of Boxed Sets. Can't wait to get a copy!

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Troll Lord wrote:
For those of you who ordered the first run we'll get you replacement copies in the mail in the next few weeks.

For really real?

If so, I can only say...wow...

Way cool, but aint that gonna hurt ya?

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

Troll Lord wrote:
The new version is out. For those of you who ordered the first run we'll get you replacement copies in the mail in the next few weeks. We also did some text edits, cleaned up some of the interior and added an extra book of maps.

Steve

Yay on the extra book of maps!!!

The Misfit Troll Word Wrangler
www.christinastiles.com
www.misfit-studios.com
www.trolllord.com

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Extra maps?! Dang it. I need to order mine for sure. I checked some online discount rpg stores, and they still say Preorder. Patience I suppose.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Ordered!

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Treebore wrote:
Ordered!

Got mine. Very nice!!!!!

The Misfit Troll Word Wrangler
www.christinastiles.com
www.misfit-studios.com
www.trolllord.com

KatsuoAssassin
Henchman

Post by KatsuoAssassin »

thanks for the post

Aneoth of Ironwood
Hlobane Orc

Post by Aneoth of Ironwood »

gideon_thorne wrote:
I expect that, one of these days, there might be a 6-12 box or something?

But thats a ways down the road in the speculative future.
Troll Lord wrote:
We fully intend to release the second group of adventures A6-A13 as a box set and then follow that up with the massive A13 box set, Aufstrag.

Steve

I just obtained a used Umbrage Saga Box Set through an E-Bay listing along with the newest Prints of the PHB and Monsters & Treasure book.

And what a Sweet deal that was.
Well, I got the box set and a couple of corners had torn out... that sucked, but even without the box at all that price was still too sweet to complain much.

There is no map booklet either, though the box bottom states there should be.

The PHB and M&T books are in mint condition.

Anyway an observation about the Wicked Cauldron book in the Box Set?

Why is the same B&W map (Malforten to Botinburg: The A Series Map #1) printed on page 6; and printed again at page 23?

Was that duplication intentional?

If so, why?

Are the maps at the twp pages inside the book different in some way?

Am I missing something?

Have not had a chance to go through it all in detail yet, but it looks like a good product to me.

I am still going to purchase the Box Set from TLG as there was no Map Booklet in the Box Set I got and it was damaged anyway.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Aneoth of Ironwood wrote:
I just obtained a used Umbrage Saga Box Set through an E-Bay listing along with the newest Prints of the PHB and Monsters & Treasure book.

And what a Sweet deal that was.
Well, I got the box set and a couple of corners had torn out... that sucked, but even without the box at all that price was still too sweet to complain much.

There is no map booklet either, though the box bottom states there should be.

The PHB and M&T books are in mint condition.

Anyway an observation about the Wicked Cauldron book in the Box Set?

Why is the same B&W map (Malforten to Botinburg: The A Series Map #1) printed on page 6; and printed again at page 23?

Was that duplication intentional?

If so, why?

Are the maps at the twp pages inside the book different in some way?

Am I missing something?

Have not had a chance to go through it all in detail yet, but it looks like a good product to me.

I am still going to purchase the Box Set from TLG as there was no Map Booklet in the Box Set I got and it was damaged anyway.

Hey man,

The map duplication was intentional. I wanted a map up front to give the CK a quick reference for the are for his use. Then we put it again on 23 as its a little more relevant to those encounter areas. I'm of the opinion that you can't have enough copies of maps that players can use. This way the loose one can circulate around the table (as the box set comes with one loose map) and the CK still has his references.

Steve

[email protected]

Aneoth of Ironwood
Hlobane Orc

Post by Aneoth of Ironwood »

Got it and I agree with the reasoning stated.

The color map for players reference was indeed a good insert.
Troll Lord wrote:

Steve

First that sounds good to me and eventually I will buy a copy of that newer set, though it will have to wait a while.
As for the Map book, does it have additional maps other than those already in the book and/or the two loose maps already included in the first release of the box set?

Is there another method of obtaining the Map Booklet?

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Aneoth of Ironwood wrote:
As for the Map book, does it have additional maps other than those already in the book and/or the two loose maps already included in the first release of the box set?

Is there another method of obtaining the Map Booklet?

Yeah, Im curious as to what the map booklet entails as well and if there are plans to do a PDF or something of the map booklet for those of us who bought the first print of this set.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

*crickets*

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

*poke* *poke*

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

I just got Umbrage last week and, must say, that the map booklet is pretty sweet. I haven't gone through with the fine-toothed comb yet, but I'm guessing that it's all the maps that go along with the modules.

What is it about a boxed set to awaken the little kid gamer in me? Don't get me wrong, core books are cool and all, but boxed sets were always pure magic (at least the ones I bought). Loving it so far.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Yeah, Im curious as to what the map booklet entails as well and if there are plans to do a PDF or something of the map booklet for those of us who bought the first print of this set.

Dirn it!! Did you not get yours either? Apparently we missed more than we thought. When we file these, we file by month of pre-order not the month it shipped so these things are &#(@(*)#@ everywhere. haha

I'll get back into the files this weekend.

Steve

[email protected]

S.Baldrick
Ungern

Re: Available Now {02-04-10} TLG 8033 Umbrage Saga A0--A5

Post by S.Baldrick »

This isn't out of print is it? Most of the places that I have tried to purchase this from have it on back order if they have it at all.

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

It shouldn't be. Just order direct from the Trolls, even though I'm all for supporting the FLGS. Yet, sometimes they just have trouble getting stuff.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

S.Baldrick wrote:This isn't out of print is it? Most of the places that I have tried to purchase this from have it on back order if they have it at all.
Distributors drop titles after about 90 days so you may have to really work to get it from your FLGS. We can ship to them direct of course, just put us in contact.

Steve