TLG 8033 Umbrage Saga A0--A5 (Available)

This forum is a rarely properly updated forum that discusses everything we are working on at the Dens!
dutch206
Red Cap

Re: Available Now {02-04-10} TLG 8033 Umbrage Saga A0--A5

Post by dutch206 »

Regarding the New Aenochia map: Nice work, Peter B! (Would a map scale be too much to ask for?) :lol:
Oh, please--I have dice older than you are.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

I think the addition of a scale has always been the subject of debate. By leaving the scale out, Pete and Steve have pointed out that the world can be the size that you, as the Ck, want it. I personally don't like a scale, because I like to make my own. Maybe there could be a suggested scale mentioned in the written work somewhere in the introductory sections.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

The original Codex of Aihrde brings up this exact topic. In that tome, scale is left up to the individual CK by design.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

You might be able to extrapolate a scale from distances given in the Umbrage Saga, but the Blacktooth Ridge is barely a fly spec on the greater map. I think I've tried it before and couldn't get the directions to line up much less the distances :). I imagine Aihrde must be Jupiter-sized or larger.

My own Aihrde shrinks and grows depending on how long I want it to take for someone to get somewhere :). I have grown to like not having the scale for players to point to.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com