Spelling errors in Castle Keeper Guide

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
mmtbb
Ungern

Spelling errors in Castle Keeper Guide

Post by mmtbb »

I seem to remember years ago a specific thread to post errors found in the published books. I searched with no luck so I guess I'll post it here. I just bought the Castle Keeper Guide.

On page 11: "deviation form the norm". It should be "deviation from the norm".
On page 44: "illusions don not work the same way". It should be "illusions do not work the same way"
On page 45: "A saving throw does not appy". It should be "A saving throw does not apply"
On page 55: a Conestoga Wagon costs "7, 5000+". Perhaps this is supposed to be "7,500+"?

Perhaps these have already been posted, but I couldn't find them.

ps. These 4 errors were found within just 10 minutes of skim-reading. I have to be honest. That's a little troubling for the price tag.

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Re: Spelling errors in Castle Keeper Guide

Post by Dead Horse »

Next time try searching. this is a topic that has been brought up and somewhere there is an official "i found a typo for you to fix thread" specificaly for CKG typos.
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/

mmtbb
Ungern

Post by mmtbb »

Dead Horse,

Like I said in my original post, "I searched with no luck..."

Before I posted I search "Castle Keeper Error", "CKG errata", "submit spelling error". I searched the results with no luck. I would have posted in the "official" thread had I been able to find it.

Anyway, I posted to help. I didn't have to. It takes time to go to the boards and post typos.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

To be fair, the errata threads I found were not overtly labeled as such. Thanks, mmtbb, for posting these. Maybe Traveller will come along to assimilate these into his massive files of errata. :)
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

zarathustra
Red Cap

Post by zarathustra »

mmtbb wrote: ps. These 4 errors were found within just 10 minutes of skim-reading. I have to be honest. That's a little troubling for the price tag.
The Trolls have long standing editing problems. Very few rpg books/modules are error free but the Trolls perhaps have a few more than some others at times. They do hire editors but they seem perhaps to be overworked or rushed or something.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Lord Dynel wrote:To be fair, the errata threads I found were not overtly labeled as such. Thanks, mmtbb, for posting these. Maybe Traveller will come along to assimilate these into his massive files of errata. :)
Possibly, but for three things.

1. I don't consider the CKG part of the core rules, thus I haven't been compiling errata for it or Of Gods & Monsters.
2. I don't have a CKG in my possession, though I have a copy of OG&M that I have barely glanced at.
3. I really don't have much time or inclination to compile errata for anything other than the PHB and M&T.

His best bet is to send what he finds to the Trolls. If he wants to CC it to me through PM, that's fine too. But they are the ones that will make the changes.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

It's OK to bring up thread like this. Their are others who are watching for errors in books besides Traveller. These errors are being logged.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

I encourage such threads, because errata collection is not a one-man effort. Everyone here can participate, and should participate.

But O, you already know that. ;)

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Traveller wrote:I encourage such threads, because errata collection is not a one-man effort. Everyone here can participate, and should participate.
Quoted for maximum +1ness.

~ ;)
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

I don't know why the Trolls don't give pdf's (After the book has been edited) to the select few that comb the book for errors. There seems to be plenty, on this board who catch these things after the book has been printed. Signing a NDA and giving credit in the book as "Playtesters" seems a fair exchange to reduce errors in the books.

There seems to be plenty of willing parties that want to help out. I'm guessing it won't entirely catch everything but I'd also guess it'd catch a fair amount.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Look carefully on the title page of the PHB and M&T. You'll find that people are being credited.

That said, I would prefer a galley proof that I could mark up. I do much better physically making corrections in a book than using a PDF.

Dead Horse
Red Cap

Post by Dead Horse »

My reading and comprehension are bad apparently when i wrote that.
I saw the typo text and posted. Damn my hair trigger.
Please don't beat me.
Not Worth Any Experiance Points Alive http://nwaepa.blogspot.com/