Demons & Devils ARE BACK in C&C...

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Omote
Battle Stag

Demons & Devils ARE BACK in C&C...

Post by Omote »

Demons & Devils ARE BACK in C&C... soonish.

A few times in the past 3-4 months TLG has hinted that there will be some sort of Manual of the Planes book coming out for C&C. Through Facebook, and with a hint or two thrown around here, we know this book might be coming sometime late in 2012. In fact, even the author Kim Hartsfield all but solidified this rumor as fact by confirming as much in some random post on these very message boards about a month ago.

If you need linkage to the evidence, you'll have to find them yourselves. I'm too lazy to look for them. ;)

Anyway, Davis actually confirmed the fact that a "Planes Book" was coming and that both demons and devils will appear in it. Since TLG has not put any such book on the Anvil, suspect that such a tome will appear in the closing months of 2012 or even later. The offending thread can be found here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?594 ... ead/page11

I'd like to be the first to welcome back the overlords of darkness into C&C!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Re: Demons & Devils ARE BACK in C&C...

Post by AGNKim »

Let me just say this: One reason I didn't want to do D/D in the new monster book was because I wanted these evil entities to reflect a new, unique world as opposed to the old standards found in AD&D (think Aihrdean as opposed to Greyhawk). To this end, I am in the process of developing an entire new set of D/D, gathering information and inspiration from classic literature. As such, you may not find Asmodeus and Juiblex, but Lilith and Abaddon may be present.

:twisted:

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

AGNKim wrote:Let me just say this: One reason I didn't want to do D/D in the new monster book was because I wanted these evil entities to reflect a new, unique world as opposed to the old standards found in AD&D (think Aihrdean as opposed to Greyhawk). To this end, I am in the process of developing an entire new set of D/D, gathering information and inspiration from classic literature. As such, you may not find Asmodeus and Juiblex, but Lilith and Abaddon may be present.

So the idea is to cement the newish D/D into the World of Aihrde? but I assume keep them open enough to use in other campaign worlds? Sounds good. I like that you will be creating a C&C set of nasties rather than a rehash. Though I am looking forward to the Classic Monster book!

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Sounds good, Kim! Between that and the stuff Clavis posted here, we are hip deep in Demons and Devils!
BACK FIENDS!

I will miss Juicy Jubilex, however... he/it is worth it just for the very... wet looking drawing!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

AGNKim wrote:Let me just say this: One reason I didn't want to do D/D in the new monster book was because I wanted these evil entities to reflect a new, unique world as opposed to the old standards found in AD&D (think Aihrdean as opposed to Greyhawk). To this end, I am in the process of developing an entire new set of D/D, gathering information and inspiration from classic literature. As such, you may not find Asmodeus and Juiblex, but Lilith and Abaddon may be present.

Coooool, My paladin is honing his sword in anticipation ... To bad I'm neck deep in masters papers right now and can't find an extra second to game. But wait, end of 2012, early 2013, this just might be the graduation gift I buy myself!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

Yes, it will be mine.

zarathustra
Red Cap

Post by zarathustra »

Cool. I think not re-doing the AD&D D/D would be a good idea.

Clavis has already done some great things so the bar has been set high. Although I'm not Aihrde expert so probably an Airhde collection would look quite different than Clavis' folklorish approach.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

zarathustra wrote:Cool. I think not re-doing the AD&D D/D would be a good idea.

Clavis has already done some great things so the bar has been set high. Although I'm not Aihrde expert so probably an Airhde collection would look quite different than Clavis' folklorish approach.
That's basically what I was trying to say in a really stupid way.

:lol:
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Though I love the D&D/AD&D suite of demons and devils, a new collection would be welcome. One of my favorite products from the '90s was Mayfair Games Demons box set and accessories.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

clavis123
Ulthal

Post by clavis123 »

zarathustra wrote:Clavis has already done some great things so the bar has been set high.
Thank you.

I've actually e-mailed the Trolls about obtaining a license so I could release illustrated versions of my work as commercial products. So far, I haven't heard back from anyone, but I also know just how busy things can get for the operators of a small business.

Although my Devils exist in a somewhat rigid scheme, I purposely set up my Demons in such a way that just about any Demonic or Diabolical creature from any source could be re-adapted as a Demon in my framework.

Funny thing is, although my own work is very folklore-based, my favorite Demon Lord from AD&D was always Juiblex!
Daniel James Hanley
Creator of Ghastly Affair, "The Gothic Game of Romantic Horror".
Player's Manual Now Available on DriveThruRPG and Amazon
Reader discretion is advised.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I look forward to this. I've actually been involved in little game play(only occasionally)with demons and devils over the years. I need to give the Clavis works more than a skim as well.

Dark Okie
Mist Elf

Post by Dark Okie »

Groovy!

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Yo! :D
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

clavis123 wrote:
zarathustra wrote:Clavis has already done some great things so the bar has been set high.
Thank you.

I've actually e-mailed the Trolls about obtaining a license so I could release illustrated versions of my work as commercial products. So far, I haven't heard back from anyone, but I also know just how busy things can get for the operators of a small business.

Although my Devils exist in a somewhat rigid scheme, I purposely set up my Demons in such a way that just about any Demonic or Diabolical creature from any source could be re-adapted as a Demon in my framework.

Funny thing is, although my own work is very folklore-based, my favorite Demon Lord from AD&D was always Juiblex!
Clavis,

You better email me again. ;) I'll be on the look out!

Steve

MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

clavis123 wrote: I've actually e-mailed the Trolls about obtaining a license so I could release illustrated versions of my work as commercial products.
Whatever became of this? :geek:
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:
clavis123 wrote: I've actually e-mailed the Trolls about obtaining a license so I could release illustrated versions of my work as commercial products.
Good question!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

dachda wrote:
MormonYoYoMan wrote:
Good question!
+2, especially now that I have a job that will pay enough for me to actually buy it when it comes out!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Wait... Don't we already have demons in the Monsters & Treasure of Airdhe?

M

clavis123
Ulthal

Post by clavis123 »

MormonYoYoMan wrote:
As of right now it isn't happening.

The work is being being translated and converted into its own OGL system especially for Gothic genre games, however.
Daniel James Hanley
Creator of Ghastly Affair, "The Gothic Game of Romantic Horror".
Player's Manual Now Available on DriveThruRPG and Amazon
Reader discretion is advised.