My C&C houserules and character sheet are updated/revised

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
csperkins1970
Ulthal

My C&C houserules and character sheet are updated/revised

Post by csperkins1970 »

For those of you who dig my C&C houserules, I've updated them and made a leaner, meaner (and cleaner) character sheet.
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... a god.

kajukenbo
Hlobane Orc

Re: My C&C houserules and character sheet are updated/revise

Post by kajukenbo »

Hello sir.

Maybe I'm missing something.
Your "C&C houserules" appear to be a revised 1e PHB with flipped AC.
It does not seem to mention C&C anywhere.
But the ability checks, saving throws and skill checks seem to be similar to the Siege Engine mechanic with a bit of a twist on the math.

Am I looking at the correct document?

Thanks

kajukenbo
Hlobane Orc

Post by kajukenbo »

Never mind. I went to your site and figured it out.
Having never played or owned 3e (aside from RPGs on the xbox 360) I did not realize why the copyright date looked off.

Thanks

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

It's a pretty big overhaul but is strongly based on C&C and works perfectly with C&C monsters (just ditch their primes and chuck in ability bonuses where they seem appropriate) and adventures. In short it's C&C minus primes plus AD&D flavoring (including art).
The homepage for the C&C material is HERE
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am... a god.

Durn
Henchman

Post by Durn »

Neat! Have you updated Unearthed Arcana as well?

Durn
Henchman

Post by Durn »

oh, and what were the updates to the PHB primeless pdf?

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

I've consolidated some of the class abilities (i.e. acrobatics and escape artist are folded into acrobatics, open locks and remove traps are combined as disable device) and tweaked Turn Undead.

Other than that it's still a mashup of C&C and AD&D that ditches the use of primes and sets the base difficulty at 13 (which works well with 3rd edition challenges and saves). IT allows me to easily use AD&D, C&C and 3rd edition materials in my game.

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

Durn wrote:Neat! Have you updated Unearthed Arcana as well?
I'm still working on converting my UA to a complete DMG. Right now it's 85% done. I just have to finish the siege warfare section, tack on the dungeon creation section and add random encounter charts. It's taken me a LONG time but it is coming along.

jaguar451
Ulthal

Post by jaguar451 »

csperkins1970 wrote:I've consolidated some of the class abilities (i.e. acrobatics and escape artist are folded into acrobatics, open locks and remove traps are combined as disable device) and tweaked Turn Undead.

Other than that it's still a mashup of C&C and AD&D that ditches the use of primes and sets the base difficulty at 13 (which works well with 3rd edition challenges and saves). IT allows me to easily use AD&D, C&C and 3rd edition materials in my game.
Any tips / tricks for use with 3e modules?

csperkins1970
Ulthal

Post by csperkins1970 »

I'd use them as is (with some tweaks given below), unless they have been converted to C&C in one of TLG's monster books. For creatures with class levels, I quickly convert them over.
==============================
Tweaks:
1] Double the move rate (I use 10 second rounds)
2] Allow magic weapons to overcome DR. If a creature's CR can be overcome with magic & cold iron weapons, I'd permit a +2 weapon to bypass DR (I find DR rules to be a pain in 3.X).
3] Reduce hit points to 5/hit die and adjust for CON... if you think the creature is especially hard or sickly.
4] Keep the DC's for saves ability checks the same
==============================
I'm a little groggy with a headcold so, if you have specific abilities/creatures you have in mind feel free to pick my brain.