Rune Lore Codices

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
trashheap
Ungern

Rune Lore Codices

Post by trashheap »

So are some of the extra codices listed on page 18 being released later? Or am I missing something? ( Bone, Blood, Dragon, Color, Dream and Shadow )

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Rune Lore Codices

Post by Rigon »

trashheap wrote:So are some of the extra codices listed on page 18 being released later? Or am I missing something? ( Bone, Blood, Dragon, Color, Dream and Shadow )
Man, I hope so.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

CeltDrake99
Skobbit

Post by CeltDrake99 »

Oh me too. This whole Rune Mark has me all intrigued, love the whole idea of it. It's a fresh outlook on Spellcasters, and really it's not all that overpowered with a little bit of roleplaying.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

CeltDrake99 wrote:Oh me too. This whole Rune Mark has me all intrigued, love the whole idea of it. It's a fresh outlook on Spellcasters, and really it's not all that overpowered with a little bit of roleplaying.

Well, some of the runes are very powerful, but even the book tells the CK to be careful as to when they give those runes out.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

CeltDrake99
Skobbit

Post by CeltDrake99 »

Treebore wrote:
CeltDrake99 wrote:Oh me too. This whole Rune Mark has me all intrigued, love the whole idea of it. It's a fresh outlook on Spellcasters, and really it's not all that overpowered with a little bit of roleplaying.

Well, some of the runes are very powerful, but even the book tells the CK to be careful as to when they give those runes out.

True, but a good player wouldn't really depend on the real powerful Runes. Like the Rune of Unmaking for example, which if it were me as the CK I'd say as soon as it was used it would be forgotten. Basically have it being used only for special circumstances.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Like it unmakes itself when you unmake something?
That's a cool idea!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

Treebore wrote:

My general sense of it too is that runes are more versatile and more powerful than spells, but there are also far fewer of them, and the player gets them on a much slower "drip" than say a Wizard does with his or her spells.

CeltDrake99
Skobbit

Post by CeltDrake99 »

trashheap wrote:
Treebore wrote:

My general sense of it too is that runes are more versatile and more powerful than spells, but there are also far fewer of them, and the player gets them on a much slower "drip" than say a Wizard does with his or her spells.
I agree with what your saying about the Wizards class. Typically they are tied down to what spells they can select from at each level. With the Rune Mark, that ends that and opens up a whole new door. Yes it also starts up a problem for the possibility for THOSE kind of players to create a Munckin PC. But there are so many roleplaying possibilities in the runes as well as their combinations.

I would also hope to see the possibility of more runes in the future.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Any thoughts on how the rune magic here compares to what WOTC did with Eberron's Dragon Marks?
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

CeltDrake99
Skobbit

Post by CeltDrake99 »

TheMetal1 wrote:Any thoughts on how the rune magic here compares to what WOTC did with Eberron's Dragon Marks?
Yeah, um...Dragon Marks, not familiar with those. Anything like skid marks, except that its all over a town not your underwear.

Sorry could help it. Don't know much about Eberron Marks.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

CeltDrake99 wrote:

Yeah, um...Dragon Marks, not familiar with those. Anything like skid marks, except that its all over a town not your underwear.

Sorry could help it. Don't know much about Eberron Marks.
That or it's the marks the knight leaves in his armor the first time he comes up on an adult red dragon :lol:

For the true focus of the thread, sorry I can't help. I don't have the book yet, but it is close to the top of my must have book list that will be bought sooooon!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

Still looking for information on the mentioned but not fleshed out codices.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

trashheap wrote:Still looking for information on the mentioned but not fleshed out codices.
Check out the new PDF, they may be updated now. I don't know, DLing it right now myself.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Trashheap,

Yes, each of these will be fleshed out, starting right after Gencon as I work on the Codex of Aihrde. I have no decided how to release them, but it will be in batches. Perhaps some bits and pieces of the Aihrdian Runes, the Blood Runes, etc in one batch or I could do a bunch of blood runes only...that type of thing. I probably will not do what I had intended, which was to do these larger setting books with the runes in them, expanding Aihrde and the runes at the same time. That is too time consuming, slow to release, etc And one thing I want is the Rune Mark to be a dynamic class that we all have new content for.

Hope that helps,
Steve

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

Sounds good thanks,

I had a player who was thinking about rolling up a Rune Mark but we were both scratching out heads on where the missing codices were and or why the runes of the iniate list was so much longer than the list of Winter or Aihrdian runes. We both figured they were coming later but I was not sure why the listing of codices was there.

CeltDrake99
Skobbit

Post by CeltDrake99 »

Yes it would be nice to see more of the Codices, love the Rune Lore book as it is so far. If I may be so bold to suggest this, a small expansion supplement kinda like the old AD&D books for each of the classes would be really cool for the Rune Mark.