Tools For C&C

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Tools For C&C

Post by capmarvel »

Lobo316
Ulthal

Re: Tools For C&C

Post by Lobo316 »

New to C&C? Welcome to the Crusade! It's been a few years now since I first started, and I can say the folks on these forums are very friendly and helpful in answers any questions you may have.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The itunes link doesn't work for me.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

Treebore wrote:The itunes link doesn't work for me.

Fixed the link.

Continue to look for more "tools" but not having much luck yet.

There was also mention of an Android App here, but evidently the person never published it:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11690

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

capmarvel wrote: Continue to look for more "tools" but not having much luck yet.
I suspect that's because there aren't many. That's one of the things I like about C&C - I don't need a laptop running five different programs to be able to play it. ;)

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

Lobo316 wrote:New to C&C? Welcome to the Crusade! It's been a few years now since I first started, and I can say the folks on these forums are very friendly and helpful in answers any questions you may have.

Thanks for the welcome!

Someday I'll find a CK, but in the meantime I'll enjoy making some characters.

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

kreider204 wrote:
capmarvel wrote: Continue to look for more "tools" but not having much luck yet.
I suspect that's because there aren't many. That's one of the things I like about C&C - I don't need a laptop running five different programs to be able to play it. ;)
Well, I don't disagree....it's just that I'm a "tool guy".

Also the availability of tools (maps, character sheets, worlds, guides, NPC's, etc) tends to give the RPG a feeling of "being alive". I know it shouldn't matter how many people play the game, but some of us like the feeling that the game is flourishing - at least enough where the game will get new material and hopefully new players. Obviously it's hard to get others into a game when they can't find any material on it or even information about it.

In any case, I hope to enjoy reading the Player Handbook regardless if I ever get to play it or not.

kreider204
Unkbartig

Post by kreider204 »

I hear you. A lot of it definitely comes down to taste. I'm an "old-school" (or maybe just "old" ... ) kinda guy, so I tend to get turned off to rpgs that practically require software to play (I'd rather just play a videogame RPG at that point - and I do like them).

There may not be a ton of tools out there, but there is definitely plenty of new material coming out on a regular basis. Browse the TLG site (or even drivethrurpg) and you'll get a clear sense of that.

New players, that's always tough. RPGs were always a niche market, and that hasn't changed much. In the end, though, I find a lot of players will give anything a shot if someone is willing to GM it, so that's probably the best way to sell it.

Enjoy!

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

capmarvel wrote:
Fixed the link.

There was also mention of an Android App here, but evidently the person never published it:

That application does exist ... I've got a copy of it on my Transformer tablet.
You can pick it up here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bwalls.pgm

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

There are a lot of "generic RPG" utilities, either intended for d20 or 4e that "can" work for C&C. I don't like them, though.

capmarvel
Hlobane Orc

Post by capmarvel »

Arakor wrote:
capmarvel wrote:
Fixed the link.

That application does exist ... I've got a copy of it on my Transformer tablet.
You can pick it up here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bwalls.pgm

Thanks for the tip!