Newly revamped Troll Lord Website!

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
timburns
Ulthal

Newly revamped Troll Lord Website!

Post by timburns »

We've completely overhauled the http://www.trolllord.com website! From the bottom up, it's completely overhauled and friendly for (mostly) all types of screens, from phones to desktops. We've added a new menu, social plugins, a news feed, and much more. Also, using the latest in fluid grid layouts, it should be responsive to most resizes. There are probably still a few bugs to get out of the way, and some typos and errors; so if you find anything that doesn't work or is glitchy, please email Tim at tim@trolllord.com. We hope you will enjoy the new experience. Check it out!

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Re: Newly revamped Troll Lord Website!

Post by Dracyian »

I'm going to have to wait till I get home to really look at it :( . Unfortunately work believes in having Windows 7 but not having an up to date verion of any web browser on our machines x.x

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

However it looks sweet as hell on my phone when I open it up, all the coloumns fit perfectly and automicatically adjust so there is no left or right scrolling required just up and down, the menu fit the screen excellently and stuff, it is really easy to use on my smart phone, I love it

chiisu81
Mist Elf

Post by chiisu81 »

The download for the new C&C sheet seems to be corrupt: http://www.trolllordgames.com/cnc/downl ... 0Sheet.pdf

I really dig the new design. In the menu, I don't mind the green to red transition although the color change is a tad jarring; also, is there a reason the text increases upon mouse-over? In Products hovering over Tainted Lands causing it to go to 2 lines, kinda annoying. Overall a much cleaner design than the previous one, glad it's live!

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

Thanks, I will look into those and get them fixed! You should be able to get the new C&C from the sister site at http://www.trolllord.com/cnc but I'll double check that too.
chiisu81 wrote:The download for the new C&C sheet seems to be corrupt: http://www.trolllordgames.com/cnc/downl ... 0Sheet.pdf

I really dig the new design. In the menu, I don't mind the green to red transition although the color change is a tad jarring; also, is there a reason the text increases upon mouse-over? In Products hovering over Tainted Lands causing it to go to 2 lines, kinda annoying. Overall a much cleaner design than the previous one, glad it's live!

Lobo316
Ulthal

Post by Lobo316 »

You've got a glaring grammatical error on the front page...

So it with with Trolls. Be

Site looks great otherwise. :D

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

LOLOL, i see it now!
Lobo316 wrote:You've got a glaring grammatical error on the front page...

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Lobo316 wrote:You've got a glaring grammatical error on the front page...

is it rude to say that makes it perfect? :D
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

chiisu81
Mist Elf

Post by chiisu81 »

The site refused to load on my iPad (2nd gen); it loaded the menu and top banner and then Safari would freeze. It does load just fine on my Android phone...

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

chiisu81 wrote:The site refused to load on my iPad (2nd gen); it loaded the menu and top banner and then Safari would freeze. It does load just fine on my Android phone...
Thanks for the info. I fixed the jarring text and colors on the menu. I have a feeling it might be either the widgets or the banner that is causing it to freeze. It rendered okay on mine but there might be some setting that is screwing it up.

Arakor
Hlobane Orc

Post by Arakor »

If I go to the www.trolllordgames.com address and try to access the forums, it throws a 404 error page from IIS7.5

NJPDX
Hlobane Orc

Post by NJPDX »

The forum link appears to be working now (for me at least)

chiisu81
Mist Elf

Post by chiisu81 »

timburns wrote:
chiisu81 wrote:The site refused to load on my iPad (2nd gen); it loaded the menu and top banner and then Safari would freeze. It does load just fine on my Android phone...
Thanks for the info. I fixed the jarring text and colors on the menu. I have a feeling it might be either the widgets or the banner that is causing it to freeze. It rendered okay on mine but there might be some setting that is screwing it up.
The revised menus are great! It did load last night on my iPad, it just took a bit (but I'll account at least a large part of that to having a 2nd-gen model).

An aside: on the C&C product page one of the banner pics is a dragon sleeping on a pile of gold coins. Is that from a recent or forthcoming product? I would LOVE to see the uncropped version of that on the eventual 4th printing of Monsters & Treasure, it's perfect!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

That sleeping dragon appears most recently on the After Winter's Dark Campaign Setting.
See it here: http://www.trolllord.com/store/product_ ... cts_id=172

I think, however, that this image first appears on one of the Dragons of Airhrde supplements that were released before the M&T of Aihrde came out. That would put this image at about 2006-2007 or so originally.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

chiisu81
Mist Elf

Post by chiisu81 »

Ahhh thar it be. Dang that image would be perfect :( "monsters" + "treasure", I mean come on! ;)