Star SIEGE and Tainted Lands boxed sets are sold out...

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Treebore
Mogrl

Star SIEGE and Tainted Lands boxed sets are sold out...

Post by Treebore »

and they mention releasing single book versions in the future. I hope the editing/clarity issues are addressed, especially the majorly confusing ones in Tainted Lands.

Edit: For Star SIEGE I'd rather see the total redo the author has mentioned in another Forum thread...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

dachda
Lore Drake

Re: Star SIEGE and Tainted Lands boxed sets are sold out...

Post by dachda »

Treebore wrote:Edit: For Star SIEGE I'd rather see the total redo the author has mentioned in another Forum thread...

I'll second that.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

dachda wrote:
Treebore wrote:Edit: For Star SIEGE I'd rather see the total redo the author has mentioned in another Forum thread...

I'll second that.
Me too.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Maybe sold out in the warehouse, but not in our convention stock. I believe I'll have at least 2-4 copies of each available at Vision Con in Branson, and maybe beyond that...IF supplies last. They both deserve to be be brought back. For that matter, I'd like to see Jim Ward's Towers of Adventure reprinted into a single volume.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

tylermo wrote:Maybe sold out in the warehouse, but not in our convention stock. I believe I'll have at least 2-4 copies of each available at Vision Con in Branson, and maybe beyond that...IF supplies last. They both deserve to be be brought back. For that matter, I'd like to see Jim Ward's Towers of Adventure reprinted into a single volume.
I'm glad I got my Tainted Lands boxed set when I did, however I agree with the reprinting needing a good old fashioned edit. I don't know about Starseige I have never played that game but I don't know if I would want Tainted Lands in a single volume release, I only say that because I don't know if you want to put all of the info in the GM's book and the Lolligan inn in the players manual

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, out of all the TLG stuff, and I own it all, Tainted Lands is clearly the most horribly edited/written of them all. This is the only product, that I recall anyways, where important rules info is even screwed up as to having to make up our own rules to make it work. So a rewrite/edit is pretty much a "must" on this one.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Volomyre
Ungern

Post by Volomyre »

Star Siege is very good.
What it is lacking is a common items list.
I am fine with that but many people are not at all happy.
There are no prices for chewing gum in Star Siege.
Other than that you folks would love it.
Guns, armor, commlinks, ships, ship shields, ship armor......
Its all there.
Volo.

gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Post by gabriellyon »

Rise from your grave.
Since we are being encouraged to digg up old threads this one sprung to mind. I have had a lot of luck keeping our C&C game going but would really like to run a sci-fi game at some point. No hurry since the trolls are reprinting the the sisters but is there any interest and chance that star siege might get redone and reprinted?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

This might sound like damning with faint praise, but that's not my intention.

After reading through Traveller 5, I can't imagine why I had any trouble understanding StarSiege.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

gabriellyon wrote:No hurry since the trolls are reprinting the the sisters but is there any interest and chance that star siege might get redone and reprinted?
It would have to be TOTAL redo for it to interest me. I like my sci-fi games to be Hard & crunchy.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

Aergraith wrote:This might sound like damning with faint praise, but that's not my intention.

After reading through Traveller 5, I can't imagine why I had any trouble understanding StarSiege.
Yeah, I did not hear good things about Traveller 5's presentation. It's a good thing I have Classic and Mongoose Traveller. :)

Re: Star SIEGE, it would be nice to see it get an update--I'd definitely be interested in checking out a tightened up version of the game that's undertaken with sort of a "lessons learned" mentality. It's a great idea with a lot of promise.
Visit RPG Blog 2
Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

zacharythefirst wrote:
Aergraith wrote:This might sound like damning with faint praise, but that's not my intention.

Yeah, I did not hear good things about Traveller 5's presentation. It's a good thing I have Classic and Mongoose Traveller. :)

Re: Star SIEGE, it would be nice to see it get an update--I'd definitely be interested in checking out a tightened up version of the game that's undertaken with sort of a "lessons learned" mentality. It's a great idea with a lot of promise.
Well, the author certainly wants another crack at doing it, but apparently the Trolls haven't given the go ahead. Or have, and aren't saying until its ready to go.

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

I'm all for the Tainted Lands getting an overhaul. I love the setting, but the rules, as currently presented, need quite a bit of spit and polish.
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I've toyed with the possibility of doing a TL rewrite but my time is very limited for "personal projects."

Its a fun gaming arena.

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

I would be first in line for that. :)
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

My feeling on Star Siege is that the toolbox is great, but the game needs more than a toolbox.

A default setting would go a long way. Not even in the same package, necessarily.

Spitballing - take a given SciFi universe and Star Siege it. Then you have something that not only demonstrates you can do *anything* SciFi, but you have a playable bunch of material that doesn't require a lot of work to flesh out.
Marshal Fiffergrund, Knight-Errant of the Castle and Crusade Society

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

If I had a better grasp on StarSIEGE, which I admit I have only read briefly once, I would consider doing a Thundercats / GI Joe mash-up. I think that would be fun to play.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

As for convention stock (from Troll Lord's Southeast Missouri branch office...a.k.a. my home), Tainted Lands and Starsiege Box sets are down to a couple of copies each (approximately). Just sold one of each at DieCon. I hope TL includes all of the box set stuff (blank sheets of the new classes), and maybe Lolly Gag could be released separately for easy use. Don't know what they'll do for sure. Also, I'd like to see Starsiege return. There's a lot to like. A new look would be nice, plenty of pre-made items, and a slight re-tooling. Otherwise, I thought it was pretty decent.