View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Rune Lore 
Mogrl

Post Re: Rune Lore
DMSamuel wrote:
Yes, they have improved over their original quality, but it is still atrocious.

When I look at the new printing, "atrocious" is no where close to any word I am thinking of. Did they still miss a few things? Yes. Does it look many, many, many times better than the first printing, let alone the last? Yes. Its totally on par with any book done by any other company in the business. Now.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:26 am
Mogrl

I can say this... M&T was very good for the time; it has become much better over the printings. I imagine once it hits the 6th printing, it may be perfect. As much as perfect can be, which is never.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:31 am
Red Cap

Treebore wrote:
DMSamuel wrote:
Yes, they have improved over their original quality, but it is still atrocious.

When I look at the new printing, "atrocious" is no where close to any word I am thinking of. Did they still miss a few things? Yes. Does it look many, many, many times better than the first printing, let alone the last? Yes. Its totally on par with any book done by any other company in the business. Now.

The 6th printing PHB is beautiful. Right now I am reading an old printing of one of the A series modules, so it is probably coloring my opinion and making me sound much more vehement about this than I really mean it to be.

The 6th printing of the PHB, in my opinion, sits beautifully next to the D&D 5 starter set, the Pathfinder core book, and the 13th Age core book.

Podcast: Play On Target

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:33 am
Profile WWW
Mogrl

It could be worse... you could be comparing it to the 1st C&C playtest document.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:36 am
Mist Elf

I see that Rune Lore is on the daily deal on Drive Thru RPG today for $6. Had there been a sencond printing of this product or are the errata issues still there?

Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 pm
Lore Drake

Obadiah wrote:
I see that Rune Lore is on the daily deal on Drive Thru RPG today for $6. Had there been a sencond printing of this product or are the errata issues still there?

No new printing of Rune Lore. In fact, it is being discontinued. The class will go in the adventurer's backpack and the adventures will go in modules I think. I cannot recall, but the info is being broken up.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am
Mogrl

Obadiah wrote:

I wouldn't bother buying it. As Snore said above, its discontinued, and the material will re appear in the upcoming Backpack. So use the $6 to buy the Backpack instead.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2