Final 2 weeks for Storyteller's Thesaurus Kickstarter!

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
timburns
Ulthal

Final 2 weeks for Storyteller's Thesaurus Kickstarter!

Post by timburns »

With less than 2 weeks to go now, it's time to Kick this Kickstarter for Storyteller's Thesaurus into high gear! We are closing in on getting the anthology into print, and we have many more stretch rewards and goals we want to reach. We are at just over 17K right now. Help us get to 18K by today and let's get James M. Ward, Jean Rabe, Lester Smith, Davis Chenault and more into that anthology! Spread the word! http://bit.ly/stcgks

serleran
Mogrl

Re: Final 2 weeks for Storyteller's Thesaurus Kickstarter!

Post by serleran »

Hmm. Seems like it could be useful. I do tend to have a plethora of things at my disposal, but getting them into a single book rather than a brain might be a good idea.

Hmm. Will consider.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

This thesaurus sounds great, but the sample pages didn't hook me (don't kill me). I feel like I'll be missing out if I pass on it, though.

So... sell me on this, please. :-)
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Bill, Jim Ward wrote it. We'd buy Jim Ward toilet paper if he wrote on it. Right? ;)

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

tylermo wrote:Bill, Jim Ward wrote it. We'd buy Jim Ward toilet paper if he wrote on it. Right? ;)

Depends on what kind of "ink" he used to write on it..

Okay, no, no it doesn't. :o
~DMSamuel
---
Actual Play Podcast (5e): D&DeBrief

Litzen Tallister
Red Cap

Post by Litzen Tallister »

Glad to hear that this is going to print though. I've been looking at the digital version for a while, but haven't because I stink at reading PDFs of any size. I read more slowly and retain less of things on a computer screen that are of the book format. Huzzah for dead tree editions!

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Litzen Tallister wrote:Glad to hear that this is going to print though. I've been looking at the digital version for a while, but haven't because I stink at reading PDFs of any size. I read more slowly and retain less of things on a computer screen that are of the book format. Huzzah for dead tree editions!
Litzen, can you give us an idea of what is in it?
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Litzen Tallister
Red Cap

Post by Litzen Tallister »

From the Amazon Kindle Edition preview (this one picked because it's a mustache sort of day):
FACIAL HAIR, MUSTACHE: bushy, Charlie Chaplan, chevron, cowboy, Dali, devil, Einstein, English, Errol Flynn, Fu Manchu, handlebar, Hitler, horseshoe, imperial, lampshade, painter's brush, pencil, petit handlebar, prospector, pyramid, toothbrush, walrus.
There's also usage notes beyond just simple 'here are a bunch of related word' lists (Though, there are a lot of words), so there's less likelihood of it seeming like you've just pulled a word from a thesaurus. Also, the span of words seems to run from early history to present day (With some science fiction/future type words as well). I don't know if I would read it cover to cover, but if spending time word crafting (either for an adventure or a piece of fiction), it looks like a good resource. And, the stretch goals look pretty neat on top of the actual product.

galladril
Mist Elf

Post by galladril »

I'm planning on pledging for it at Gencon. :)

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

Going for the last minute pledge, eh? It'll be an exciting few days at GenCon, with the Storyteller's Thesaurus ending and all the excitement of GenCon. Trollzah!

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

I made sure I set my $25 aside over and above my Gen Con budget. I didn't need accidentally spend the money for the KS on even more dice or (another) foam sword. :)
Visit RPG Blog 2
Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

DMSamuel wrote: Depends on what kind of "ink" he used to write on it..
I actually wounded myself laughing so hard! :lol:
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Relaxo wrote:
DMSamuel wrote: Depends on what kind of "ink" he used to write on it..
I actually wounded myself laughing so hard! :lol:
DMSamuel with a near-TPKO!
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Relaxo wrote:This thesaurus sounds great, but the sample pages didn't hook me (don't kill me). I feel like I'll be missing out if I pass on it, though.

So... sell me on this, please. :-)

Hey Bill, did you read my review of it? It's on my blog though you will have to go back a few months.

I think it's a pretty great tool and I really think you would get use out of it.

M

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

Well, the votes are in, and they are pretty overwhelming in favor of hardcover, with 87% of you preferring to see this book in hardcover as opposed to soft. So let's make that happen! Our newest stretch goal is going to be at $30,000. If we do that, everyone that is getting a print copy will get it in hard instead of soft. This will ensure that the book is more durable, easier to use and more pleasant to work with.

We currently are at $20,300 (yay, the poster goal is reached!) so we don't have that far to go, but with only 8 days left, it is a bit of an uphill climb. But with your help, we can make it happen. If you are at $10, consider upgrading to the $25 level. This will not only get it in hardcover (if we reach 30K) but also get you the anthology in print as well and any other stretch rewards at that level.

So help spread the word and let's get this into hardcover! You can use this link: http://bit.ly/stcgks to share with friends and tell them about this great endeavor we are undertaking.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

I'll be doing a late add to this. Not enough to kick us over the 30K goal, but every little bit helps!
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

We're entering the final day of the Storyteller's Thesaurus http://bit.ly/stcgks, if you haven't already pledged be sure to do so! And help us spread the word!