Hey guys: which printing were these?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Hey guys: which printing were these?

Post by slimykuotoan »

For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Hey guys: which printing were these?

Post by Rigon »

I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

K - thanx Rigon.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Look at the ISBN, the last number tells you which printing. They were done for pretty much every printing. Just the last few, I think were only Kickstarter exclusives. Not sure on that one.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

5th printing had the Kickstarter exclusive leather covers. The pictured one was the 2d or 3d printing and was available for regular purchase. When the fourth printing was released, the leather covers were discontinued.

I believe the Three Sisters Kickstarter also has leather covers as a perk, but those won't be available until the CKG makes it to print.

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

If I remember correctly, they aren't 2nd or 3rd printing but a kind of hybrid. They are based on the 2nd printing but included some - but not all - of the errata incorporated into the 3rd printing.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Yeah, I still have a 'colour aversion', so while I'd love a leather copy of the core books, I'd need lovely black & white interiors.

I was thinking about purchasing the PHB pictured above, but if it's the 2nd/3rd printing, I'd be left without all of the barbarian and druid stuff.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

slimykuotoan wrote:Yeah, I still have a 'colour aversion', so while I'd love a leather copy of the core books, I'd need lovely black & white interiors.

I was thinking about purchasing the PHB pictured above, but if it's the 2nd/3rd printing, I'd be left without all of the barbarian and druid stuff.

I don't recall there being any new Druid stuff, only a rewritten Barbarian and a bunch of new, mostly useless, Illusionist spells. I think the only other class to get rewritten was the Monk.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc

Post by GreyLord »

Traveller wrote:5th printing had the Kickstarter exclusive leather covers. The pictured one was the 2d or 3d printing and was available for regular purchase. When the fourth printing was released, the leather covers were discontinued.

I believe the Three Sisters Kickstarter also has leather covers as a perk, but those won't be available until the CKG makes it to print.
The PHB and M&T are already available to the THREE SISTERS Kickstarters in their leather form. I received my leather copies of those two. They were different than the one pictured above in this thread however.