Classic Monsters up for second printing..

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
gabriellyon
Hlobane Orc

Re: Classic Monsters up for second printing..

Post by gabriellyon »

Well, as much as I like the idea of getting all the books in the nice leather cover, I have to agree with Snoring Rock, I would like to see the rest of my stuff before deciding to buy more. Add to this the fact that all the recent Troll KS's really sapped my entertainment budget and I am not in a position to jump on this one. I am fine with the Trolls using KS to get their products to market though. I do wish the reprints were even more error free. I did find some of the errata missing in the CKG, though I have not found the missing table in the Monsters and Treasure the Snore alluded too. (Anyone?). Thank you Trolls for your continued hard work and once my budget recovers it is likely I will be back for more.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, I think the Trolls are seeing why its a bad idea to run short KS's as well. People need the time to figure out budgets, come up with more money, etc... Plus, if this doesn't look like its going to fund at full color, they will see people like me cancel their pledges. Right now, full color isn't looking very likely... :cry:
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

gabriellyon wrote:Well, as much as I like the idea of getting all the books in the nice leather cover, I have to agree with Snoring Rock, I would like to see the rest of my stuff before deciding to buy more. Add to this the fact that all the recent Troll KS's really sapped my entertainment budget and I am not in a position to jump on this one. I am fine with the Trolls using KS to get their products to market though. I do wish the reprints were even more error free. I did find some of the errata missing in the CKG, though I have not found the missing table in the Monsters and Treasure the Snore alluded too. (Anyone?). Thank you Trolls for your continued hard work and once my budget recovers it is likely I will be back for more.
I will look it up when I get home. One table I the color print is missing the exp. point values.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

gabriellyon wrote:Well, as much as I like the idea of getting all the books in the nice leather cover, I have to agree with Snoring Rock, I would like to see the rest of my stuff before deciding to buy more. Add to this the fact that all the recent Troll KS's really sapped my entertainment budget and I am not in a position to jump on this one. I am fine with the Trolls using KS to get their products to market though. I do wish the reprints were even more error free. I did find some of the errata missing in the CKG, though I have not found the missing table in the Monsters and Treasure the Snore alluded too. (Anyone?). Thank you Trolls for your continued hard work and once my budget recovers it is likely I will be back for more.
See page 136
Table 4.4B Random Shield Type is missing price and exp. values.
Table 4.4D Random Armor Type is missing price and exp. values.

Please, before the fan-boy-apologists start ranting about how those tables do not get cost and experience, the previous printings had them and I called Steve to tell him; and YES, they were left off by accident. It was not intentional.

Too bad. The latest PDF has not been fixed either. You can get the information from your older print of the M&T.

Michael Montalto
Ungern

Post by Michael Montalto »

I have to agree. I've been waiting to see if this KS would get close to a full color edition. If it doesn't, I won't buy the book. If it does, I will.

-mM

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Snoring Rock wrote:
See page 136
Table 4.4B Random Shield Type is missing price and exp. values.
Table 4.4D Random Armor Type is missing price and exp. values.

Please, before the fan-boy-apologists start ranting about how those tables do not get cost and experience, the previous printings had them and I called Steve to tell him; and YES, they were left off by accident. It was not intentional.

Too bad. The latest PDF has not been fixed either. You can get the information from your older print of the M&T.
This is true. Meanwhile if you'd like to generate treasure, see the link in my signature; I kept the exp values from the earlier printing.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com