What has changed since the 4th printing?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
erc1971
Mist Elf

What has changed since the 4th printing?

Post by erc1971 »

The latest printing I have is the 4th. I see they are currently on the 6th printing. What has changed rules wise between the printings?

Thanks,
Eric

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: What has changed since the 4th printing?

Post by Treebore »

The Grappling set of rules, maybe. I think they actually changed between the 3rd and 4th printings. Aside from errata type corrections, you have everything to the best of my knowledge.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

That's one thing that I like best about C&C -- the fact that all of the rules printings are pretty much the same thing. You can dust off a first print from a decade ago and it's basically as relevant as a new one.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Michael Montalto
Ungern

Post by Michael Montalto »

I have to agree that one of the things I really like about C&C is that the rules don't change. The quality of the books and clarity of the rules happens from one printing to another, but the base is always the same. I'm also happy that the Trolls celebrate that fact. It's a particular strength of their game versus their competition (pretty much every freaking RPG that's out there).

I always felt like you could add new content by creating new worlds and make changes to those setting PHB's.

If I were running a company like this I would have three distinct world settings that are all set in extremely contrasting styles.

1. Classic Fantasy (Greyhawk, Lord of the Rings)
2. Horror (Ravenloft, Call of the Cthulu)
3. Post apocalyptic (Scarred Lands)

I would link all three settings via portals or some other form, include overlapping Gods and outer planes (demons, angels, etc) and have an over riding hierarchy of story arcs and NPC's.

-mM

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

While the core mechanic hasn't changed, they did rewrite the Grappling rules, and they did rewrite the Monk and Barbarian classes, and they did add in a bunch of, mostly crappy, Illusionist spells. Which gave Illusionists the ability to heal. So rules have been changed, just not the SIEGE mechanic itself. Which simply means you have to decide which version to game with, and go from there.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Plus, if you want Class and a Half rules, etc... you have to have a printing with that addendum in back. So 4th printing or later.