Who here enjoys playing illusionists?

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Who here enjoys playing illusionists?

Post by slimykuotoan »

For crying out loud, do what you can with the attributes the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Who here enjoys playing illusionists?

Post by Treebore »

I have the most fun playing Illusionists. I love playing them as flamboyant entertainers. Plus its the class I really prefer playing as a Gnome.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I tend to run my illusionists as the guy that fades into the background or con-men. Even better when coupled with another class such as rogue or fighter. Covert rather than overt. That's their motto. ;)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I do, if the Castle Keeper isn't a mule. Unlike most other classes, the utility and viability of this class lies heavily on rules interpretation. Fast and loose is how I prefer, not some codified sheet of spell functions.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

serleran wrote:I do, if the Castle Keeper isn't a mule. Unlike most other classes, the utility and viability of this class lies heavily on rules interpretation.
Verily.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Post by RunningLaser »

Have never played one, but an old friend of mine enjoyed playing them.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

I have real good C&C one played as manipulator of minds and really kind of power hungry. She's True Neutral and was run through Temple of Elemental Evil where she really rocked. She managed to keep several armed guards* around her who have become fanatically devoted. (She charmed various bandits and spared them, then paid well and continue to mess with there minds.)