Codex news...

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
serleran
Mogrl

Re: Codex news...

Post by serleran »

Waiting. Proof is in the making, not the saying.

Darthgall
Skobbit

Post by Darthgall »

serleran wrote:Waiting. Proof is in the making, not the saying.
True that. Are you a kickstarter backer, or just consumer? I just want to purchase, but haven't been able to figure out if kick starters have gotten their print copies. Kick starters go first, appropriately, but I'm anxious to get my hands on Germania in particular.

It's not even for gaming (yet), I'm writing some fiction about Germanic barbarian adventurers in Roman Empire, and while there's boatloads of Celtic and Viking stuff game resources, can't find any classic German stuff...

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Darthgall wrote:
serleran wrote:Waiting. Proof is in the making, not the saying.
True that. Are you a kickstarter backer, or just consumer? I just want to purchase, but haven't been able to figure out if kick starters have gotten their print copies. Kick starters go first, appropriately, but I'm anxious to get my hands on Germania in particular.

It's not even for gaming (yet), I'm writing some fiction about Germanic barbarian adventurers in Roman Empire, and while there's boatloads of Celtic and Viking stuff game resources, can't find any classic German stuff...
No, we backers have yet to receive our copies.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I thought these Codex's went to print back in FEB, or even before. I am also eagerly awaiting the print copy of Codex Germania.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Omote wrote:I thought these Codex's went to print back in FEB, or even before. I am also eagerly awaiting the print copy of Codex Germania.

~O

Yeah, my understanding was these started shipping a good while ago. My understanding was they would start shipping after Gary Con. Strange that I haven't seen any posts anywhere about receiving them. Then again, I haven't seen the Trolls post anywhere about the status of shipping them. Which they usually do. I've gotten my Bergholt material.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

anvil242
Ungern

Post by anvil242 »

I got my mugs and mini's from the kickstarter yesterday, but no books. I had thought they were delayed because of the mugs being shipped to California.

Darthgall
Skobbit

Post by Darthgall »

Well, some rewards rolling out is progress, I suppose...

Please keep us posted!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Darthgall wrote:Well, some rewards rolling out is progress, I suppose...

Please keep us posted!
Yeah, I tagged both Tim and Steve in the G+ community 3 days ago for an update, nothing. Just tagged them again, asking for an update, yet again.

anvil242
Ungern

Post by anvil242 »

I got all my books yesterday, they look great. Pretty dense, text-wise, light on illustrations. Glossy paper.

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Just got my books yesterday, and I hadn't even remembered pledging for the physical books. Thank you!

Eagerly looking forward to more, from all around the world!
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Then hopefully I will get mine by Saturday.

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

ssfsx17 wrote:Just got my books yesterday, and I hadn't even remembered pledging for the physical books. Thank you!

Eagerly looking forward to more, from all around the world!
I am eagerly awaiting the time to work on the Asian set now (once the Egyptian and Mesopotamian books are written) due to my recent DNA results. There had always been stories about my 'Korean heritage', etc from my Dad's side of the family and I never believed it and it is now scientifically backed up, by four different companies. This helped me not only prove that, but find my lost family members and link up to my East Asian side a little. I discovered who my Korean Great Grandfather was, when he came over, etc to my fascination.

So...thirty years spent becoming a Celtic scholar only to find out that I am kind of an Asian-American is weird. I will have a very personal stake in the upcoming books (as my ancestry has Japanese, Mongolian and some Early Chinese as well, with some other Steppe/Altaic peoples in half of my Haplogroup DNA). My European side is there alright but not as...much as I would like to think it was, and not from the 'Celtic' regions either. How odd, all of it! Things have been strange lately....

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

If you start singing "Ease on down the silk road" there will be problems mate. (rofl)

Looking forward to the Asian stuff. 'specially as my significant other is Vietnamese. :)

As to the Codex stuff. Still waiting upon it to be delivered here.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Darthgall
Skobbit

Post by Darthgall »

Print codices all available in Troll Lords online store!
Germania ordered, am going to digest that one, then see if other two have migrated over to B&N... have a gift card set aside to use for them!

Kick starters, would love to see a review!

Mick

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

Darthgall wrote:Print codices all available in Troll Lords online store!
Germania ordered, am going to digest that one, then see if other two have migrated over to B&N... have a gift card set aside to use for them!

Kick starters, would love to see a review!

Mick
I would like to see some reviews too, as always!

Persimmon
Ungern

Post by Persimmon »

I am eagerly awaiting the time to work on the Asian set now (once the Egyptian and Mesopotamian books are written) due to my recent DNA results. There had always been stories about my 'Korean heritage', etc from my Dad's side of the family and I never believed it and it is now scientifically backed up, by four different companies. This helped me not only prove that, but find my lost family members and link up to my East Asian side a little. I discovered who my Korean Great Grandfather was, when he came over, etc to my fascination.

So...thirty years spent becoming a Celtic scholar only to find out that I am kind of an Asian-American is weird. I will have a very personal stake in the upcoming books (as my ancestry has Japanese, Mongolian and some Early Chinese as well, with some other Steppe/Altaic peoples in half of my Haplogroup DNA). My European side is there alright but not as...much as I would like to think it was, and not from the 'Celtic' regions either. How odd, all of it! Things have been strange lately....[/quote]

I'd be willing to do a read-through of any of the East Asian stuff before publication if you're interested. As I noted in one of my posts, I'm a Professor of East Asian history and I've published several books and articles on historical topics, mostly military history. But you pick up a fair degree of folklore and mythology in the process. And my spouse is Chinese and we travel back to Asia every year. So it would be fun to see things as they're unfolding and lend a hand, but only if you're interested.