C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

No not leagues under the sea.. but posts by Treebore.. well almost.. what kind of title is out there for that milestone!

Congrats Tree.. wisdom in most every one too!

Thanks for all your continued support and patience with all us!

Here's to 20,000 and your next 20,000 too!
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: 20,000

Post by Treebore »

Ummm, uh, thank you??

Glad I am still around to be of help.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

He just likes to hear himself type. ;)

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:He just likes to hear himself type. ;)

R-
Not so loud now with my new keyboard.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The lions share of my post count comes from all the on line games I've ran and played in through these forums. Lots of questions and answers come up in those threads.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

WWTS... What Would Tree Say? Many a post discussion without you always has me questioning the topic not just from my point of view.. but wondering, where would Treebore land on this topic.. we do not always connect or agree, but the discussions are always enlightening..

This was intended to only be a "holy crap"... nearly 20,000 posts... I think at some time in my history I asked about post counts and folks wents.. X, Y, Z and then there's Tree...

Enjoy the honor and fame, you've earned it! Always a pleasure.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Sounds obvious to me!

Gm Michael
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DMMike wrote:Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Sounds obvious to me!

Gm Michael
:lol:

I can agree with that. If I bug them into giving me a custom title again, I will have to see what the word count limit is.

Plus I don't ignore those I disagree with. Every view point, usually, has something worth considering. Just once I see saying any more is worthless, I stop commenting. I've beaten my head against more than enough proverbial walls in my time, so I try to do it as little as possible now a days.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

In the mean time, I put your suggestion in my sig, so I won't forget where it is.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

You are at the #1 spot on the member post count list by far.

Meanwhile I'm trailing behind Aramis at #27 :)

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Kayolan wrote:You are at the #1 spot on the member post count list by far.

Meanwhile I'm trailing behind Aramis at #27 :)
Huh. I had no idea there was a list. Looks like Traveller is going to have to become my bitch if I am going to move up to the next spot.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Right now, I'm in 5th place. 3300 posts separate me from 4th place.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Buttmonkey wrote:Huh. I had no idea there was a list. Looks like Traveller is going to have to become my bitch if I am going to move up to the next spot.

"Ve kill yhu, den ve all muv up en rank!" - Enseign Chekov, Star Trek "Mirror Mirror"
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Aye, aye, Cap'n.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Sometimes I wonder when the hell I had all this free time to get to these kinds of numbers... :oops:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Captain_K wrote:Sometimes I wonder when the hell I had all this free time to get to these kinds of numbers... :oops:
I did it while raising 3 kids from the age range of 9 to 13, remaining married for 26 years now, co founding and running a multi million dollar charity for 9 years (2+ Million worth of service dogs trained and provided), various farming experiments completed, and a whole slew of other things. Combine all that with my wife and I both being 100% disabled veterans, and the times I should have died from those complications in my life (The last time being in October of 2014, where I didn't post at all on these forums for about a month due to being in the hospital recovering.), I attribute it all to highly effective time management.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Captain_K wrote:Sometimes I wonder when the hell I had all this free time to get to these kinds of numbers... :oops:
I did it while raising 3 kids from the age range of 9 to 13, remaining married for 26 years now, co founding and running a multi million dollar charity for 9 years (2+ Million worth of service dogs trained and provided), various farming experiments completed, and a whole slew of other things. Combine all that with my wife and I both being 100% disabled veterans, and the times I should have died from those complications in my life (The last time being in October of 2014, where I didn't post at all on these forums for about a month due to being in the hospital recovering.), I attribute it all to highly effective time management.
And the fact that you are independently wealthy... ;)

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

R-

Working on it. Bought a couple of Powerball numbers. You?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:

R-

Working on it. Bought a couple of Powerball numbers. You?
Not me, I enjoy being the working poor.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Holy flying kobolds. I had no idea about the list either. #14...guess I don't have to worry about that unlucky #13 for a while. (lol)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Go0gleplex wrote:Holy flying kobolds. I had no idea about the list either. #14...guess I don't have to worry about that unlucky #13 for a while. (lol)
Me either ... and Lurker is in the pack, but tucking in to pass on the in side headed to spot 16 ... after that it will be a long while to make any head way ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I guess it's cool to be #1... don't plan to find out.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

serleran wrote:I guess it's cool to be #1... don't plan to find out.
Well . . for those of us who have been here awhile - you ARE number one.

serleran + serleran = huge post count!!

;)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rhuvein wrote:
serleran wrote:I guess it's cool to be #1... don't plan to find out.
Well . . for those of us who have been here awhile - you ARE number one.

serleran + serleran = huge post count!!

;)

Rgr that!!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Someone pick a fight with Tree.. tell him wizards are weak and need to wear armor and wield Quan Dos... just 17 more posts to 20,000!

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Heh - despite my long absence I'm still in the top 25 of posters... maybe I should make a goal of being around just to rack up some posting #s lol. :twisted:
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Or you could make some submission to the Domesday, or better still take over the editing with Tree for the next issue :twisted:

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Just 11 to go!

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

20,024.. congrats!