Amazons (please help)

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Caladbolg
Skobbit

Amazons (please help)

Post by Caladbolg »

Hi everybody. So, inspired by the Wonder Woman movie and a few other things, I decided to create a tribe of Amazons in my campaign world. So, has anyone made this a separate class in C&C? I suspect they could be just straight fighters, but would you add any special abilities or bonuses? Thanks! :)
An accountant who doesn't play by the rules. :)

serleran
Mogrl

Re: Amazons (please help)

Post by serleran »

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

Serleran,

I have always liked the Diablo II classes. Do you have write ups for the other character classes?

JLL

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I think I have some notes for an idea for them. More special than a simple female fighter ... little armor, brone iron and ivory arm bands etc. a charisma check (for at least the first 2 or times an opponent fights them) or be surprised/taken aback, from fighting an under dressed ferocious female barbarian ...

I would have to dig though my old archive hard drive to see it if is more than just a few bare bones ideas or even if I can find it.

I'm not sure they would fit in a standard world, but one with a heavy barbarian presence or a more classic Greek Roman setting
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Fighter would work, fighter with tweaks, or fighter/monk? If you want to keep it simple.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

lobocastle wrote:Serleran,

I have always liked the Diablo II classes. Do you have write ups for the other character classes?

JLL

I don't know if I have them anymore. I found this one online because I had posted it before. At the time, there was no interest for the rest so I didn't bother to post what was left.

I have a stack of CD / DVDs with some old stuff. I'll see if they're there.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

They had full 2nd edition stats in the Diablo supplement TSR/WIzards put out around 2000. It would be no trouble to import them to C&C. They had spells too. I presume that's where these other skills were derived from in the posts above. The version I'm thinking of is called "Diablo: The Awakening." I still use the monsters and spells from this book in my games. The paladin spells are fun, as are the necromancer spells.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Caladbolg
Skobbit

Post by Caladbolg »

Thank you Serleran. It actually has given me some ideas. I never played Diablo, but there's some good stuff there.
An accountant who doesn't play by the rules. :)

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Glad it was of some help.

And, Persimmon... I have all three (four if you count the box) of the Diablo D&D stuff, some of which was 2nd edition and some d20. I did not, however, use it for the class conversions other than to get the names of the skills. There may be similarities, but my original intent was to show that almost anything could be converted to C&C, even computer games. I also did a classless system based on Morrowind.

When I did use the Diablo published stuff, it was mostly to inspire treasure. :)

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

serleran wrote:Glad it was of some help.

And, Persimmon... I have all three (four if you count the box) of the Diablo D&D stuff, some of which was 2nd edition and some d20. I did not, however, use it for the class conversions other than to get the names of the skills. There may be similarities, but my original intent was to show that almost anything could be converted to C&C, even computer games. I also did a classless system based on Morrowind.

When I did use the Diablo published stuff, it was mostly to inspire treasure. :)

Ok, I know I sound like a newbie ... but what is/was Diablo D&D ?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society