Mind flayer

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Mind flayer

Post by Captain_K »

what did you think of the write ups in Domesday X?
Do you want the others written up?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

Totally off topic, and just throwing this in: Picked up the seventh printing Players Handbook, along with the CK screens earlier today, and am pretty darn happy. Once again, the Troll Lords have pulled off a wonderful bit of work (think the cover - standard one - for the PH is damn good and could almost have a story of its own written about it), and, just to mention, one other thing I proposed to the FLGS owner/operator - who I've known for well over thirty years (hard to believe I just wrote that) - is starting up a Castles & Crusades night, if anyone's interested. Who knows...might finally get to sign on with the Knights of the Crusade forum...

GameOgre
Ulthal

Post by GameOgre »

I used to have a pdf of someone's unofficial-just for home use : Forbidden Monsters (or some such name) with all the monsters stated out for C&C. This was a while back, like maybe 2010-2013.
I can't be the only one that used that source was I? I dunno but in my memory many CK's used it.
I wish I had it now.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I think copy write of book and ideas in the old days was not strongly protected unless you had money and the will. The first Deities and Demigods had two whole worlds of characters, creatures, and beings from two fictional worlds.. so most of the books in the 70s and 80s just had ideas and ran with them. I tried to get permission from P C Hodgel to let us write up some of her stuff from God Stalk and her chain of worlds... great stuff in their and her initial city with all its gods and temples and thieves guild would make an excellent adventure setting...

Anyway, back on topic, I got side track from working with Jason Vey and my draft of creatures got put out in the Domesday... I need a proper intro, write up and get them out there with reference to Jason's work in AA.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Captain_K wrote:I think copy write of book and ideas in the old days was not strongly protected unless you had money and the will. The first Deities and Demigods had two whole worlds of characters, creatures, and beings from two fictional worlds..
TSR actually had permission to use the Cthulhu and Melnibonean mythos when it published Deities & Demigods.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

If that's true why did all future printings not have them?

mmbutter
Red Cap

Post by mmbutter »

Captain_K wrote:If that's true why did all future printings not have them?
https://dmdavid.com/tag/the-true-story- ... -demigods/

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Well that is good to know, and very believable. Things were a mess... so my statement was not accurate in fact, but in effect, it was the same... a mess with copy write being a pain...

Amazing how a mouse with pants is still copy written...