View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Adventurers Backpack Errata 
Skobbit

Post Adventurers Backpack Errata
Overall I think we did a good job catching most of the usual oopsies that get through. There is still a big channel for errors to creep in, and I'm hoping to eventually bring the process into the proper industry order.

Here's what we've got so far:

• First release of the PDF had several _GoBack bookmarks by mistake.
  • Page 77 under Starving Mounts there is a duplicated paragraph that was not in the manuscript. Possibly overzealous use of the Copy function into InDesign. :) It also incorrectly references a table that does not exist.
  • Page 77 the Moderate Workoad table lists the feed pounds per day at 8, 5, 6. The correct values are 28, 25, 16.
  • Page 48, Note 5 on the table lists the cost for the spellbook at 200 gp, but working out the math as written it should be 410 gp.

As of this writing, all of these have already been corrected in the updated PDF so will mainly be of use to those who backed the physical book.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:24 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Adventurers Backpack Errata
For the record, the industry-standard workflow should be as shown.

1. Manuscript
2. Playtesting
3. Copy and Line Editing
4. Layout and Illustration
5. Proofreading
6. Print

I'm all for bringing the editing process into the proper industry order. No book should be laid out in InDesign before the editors get their hands on it. While Acrobat has a nice system for calling out changes, too often items in the comments that accompany those changes tend to be missed. A really excellent example of this is the revision to the Crna Ruk entry in Monsters & Treasure of Aihrde. The edit was a text document "pinned" to the PDF that included both the revised text and revised tables. Yet somehow, the XP values, while included in the pinned text document, are missing in the finished volume.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:04 pm
Battle Stag

Where to start? Ok. Nice work on spelling and grammar. Definite positive steps.

*Warrior Priest (pg 40), Cure Wounds class ability. Is there a limit to the number of times per day this can be used? Does the warrior priest roll for healing at the beginning of the day and that's how many points they can heal per X time unit?

*Equipment Lists - Why are some notations in subscript, and others not?

*Shadow Walk page 127. There is already a different Shadow Walk spell in the C&C PHB.

*In the descriptions of many of the spells there are level-dependent effects (usually bolded). In most cases the spells get more powerful as the character advances in experience level. However, some of these spells have level-dependent effects that actually begin prior to when the spell is normally allowed to be learned or cast by the spell-wielder. For example, with Discordant Attack (pg 110) it states in the spell description at 3rd level that one target can be affected. However, this spell can't be cast until the character is at least 5th character level. Another example is Ministerial (pg 120), and Tree Melding (pg 129).

~O

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Skobbit

It looks like a lot of the pole arms didn't get marked as 'must be used with two hands'...as did the two handed sword, but hey, maybe it's only my players who contest such things.

Also the zero level spell "Fish Song" appears in the cleric list, not in the druid list, though the spell description says 'Level 0 Druid' only.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

Zombieman wrote:
It looks like a lot of the pole arms didn't get marked as 'must be used with two hands'...

Some things should just be common sense of which, this is one. :lol:

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:19 pm
Ungern

Go0gleplex wrote:
Zombieman wrote:
It looks like a lot of the pole arms didn't get marked as 'must be used with two hands'...

Some things should just be common sense of which, this is one. :lol:

Unfortunately common sense isn't very common these days!

Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:50 pm
Skobbit

Zombieman wrote:
It looks like a lot of the pole arms didn't get marked as 'must be used with two hands'

The table notes on ABP page 44 (as well as PHB page 63) explicitly state "Weapons marked with an * must be used two-handed." All the polearms are marked with an * in the Weapons Table. If we missed any, point them out so I can add them to the errata list.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:12 pm
Skobbit

Talyn wrote:
Zombieman wrote:
It looks like a lot of the pole arms didn't get marked as 'must be used with two hands'

The table notes on ABP page 44 (as well as PHB page 63) explicitly state "Weapons marked with an * must be used two-handed." All the polearms are marked with an * in the Weapons Table. If we missed any, point them out so I can add them to the errata list.

I apologize for generalizing there, 'a lot' was overstating things a bit.

I think the ones not marked are: Atgeirr, Halberd & Ranseur

Also I suspect that the Maul, Man Catcher & Scythe should be two handed as well.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]