Happy New Year's Resolutions...

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Happy New Year's Resolutions...

Post by Captain_K »

I resolve to play more CnC and just go with the flow... let everyone have fun, when I'm CK.

I resolve to not tease my fellow players, but be the Neutral (Good???) Character I'm trying to play...

I resolve to thank my fellow CK and my fellow players every game I'm in.

What are your 2020 resolutions of a CnC nature.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Re: Happy New Year's Resolutions...

Post by Ancalagon »

Captain_K wrote:<snip> What are your 2020 resolutions of a CnC nature.
To continue working on my house ruled version of the game and have it ready for playtest.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

that sounds cool.. will you publish it? Theme?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

As the tabletop version lost momentum and then was abandoned due to loss of interest and my time to learn coding basics diminished greatly (so as to make an electronic version), I think I will try another venue -- board game. At least make an effort. Something like 1995's Warhammer Quest but with Ruins and Radiation(tm) skinned.

I want to put about 3-4 hours into it a week if I am able. New job and new stress so this may be an unreachable task.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Captain_K wrote:that sounds cool.. will you publish it? Theme?
I'm working up a campaign setting for England circa 1190 CE. In so doing, I'm cobbling together setting material from multiple sources (academic, rpg supplements, etc.) rather than researching and writing everything myself as I just don't have the time for that level of effort. Since those sources are copyright protected I won't be publishing. The house rules are just ideas that suit my personal tastes. I'll use C&C as the base system for the game but tweak a lot, add some things, omit some things, etc. I hope to be able to run games with friends and/or maybe at convention(s) for fun.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

history and anything over 100 years is free and clear... so wrap you fantasy over history... shot me a PM I'll send you my stuff... its along those lines but about 900 AD... might be a good starting point for you...

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

serleran, Have you tried on line gaming, fantasy grounds or the like? I'm in a game of that, not bad to play in... but harder to run... 5e makes lots ready to use... costs some money, but allows you to play with folks far away...

Telhawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by Telhawk »

Greetings to everyone and Happy New Year to all. :) For myself...well, keep the damn money coming in, try to conduct myself with as much professional adherence as possible, get personal projects done (very important), and to keep playing the games with family and friends. Our Gang is currently playing AD&D first edition, Star Trek Adventures - and my deepest congratulations to Modiphius for finally getting the (I would say almost deliberately) botched dinner of Decipher's system off our plates - and, if I can put together the time for it, I'd like to start running a game of C&C. Yes, the functional gap between AD&D 1E and C&C is pretty damn minimal - and very deliberately so - but I'd like to have the chance to start constructing real world-immersion stuff using elements of Aihrde, Haunted Highlands and Gaxmoor, all of which I'd like to take bits and pieces of to create my own stew.

Anyway, all that rather over-personal stuff aside, all best wishes and confidences to the C&C gang, and to Troll Lords itself and that more resources and adventures continue to populate our games and game-days for years to come. Happy 2020. :D

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Captain_K wrote:serleran, Have you tried on line gaming, fantasy grounds or the like? I'm in a game of that, not bad to play in... but harder to run... 5e makes lots ready to use... costs some money, but allows you to play with folks far away...
Unfortunately, I do not have a non-work PC available that would easily accommodate such a thing; when I do get one, I hope to not use it all the time as my job still requires being in front of the screen too damn long anyway.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I hear you, I work in an office and have a work laptop as my benevolent overlord too..

But with our new CK moved 3/4 of the way across the country... I made an effort to leave behind my plastic 1980s dice and try to believe in "random" electron dice... but its better than nothing... we only game on FG about 2 per month for about 3 or four hours at a go... so not too bad. He does a great job though.