Slavic Codex - Witch ?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Slavic Codex - Witch ?

Post by Lurker »

I've been going through my PDFs of the codices and can't find the witch in the Slavic codex. It is mentioned time and time again in that book. However, it is never covered as a class or NPC monster type.

I see the Germania witch class, and it would work in a pinch. However, it seems to be a little dialed back for something as sinister as the Baba Yaja type witch - of course a low lever NPC would never reach that level, but still a class that is Baba Yagaish should be more sinister than that in the Germania codex.

Did I miss it ?

If not does anyone have a good 'historic' class to fill the gap ?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Slavic Codex - Witch ?

Post by Rigon »

You what, L, I looked too and could not find anything to define what a "witch" was in the book. I almost think he is referring to typical C&C wizards.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I just left the author a message on his Facebook group about your question. Hopefully he comes along and answers you.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

I didn't make it too clear in this 1st Edition sorry! Hopefully, I can make a 2nd Edition of it soon to clarify, but the 'Kulduny' Class also falls into the Witch category as well. This just requires a simple Alignment change and obviously an allegiance to Czernobog and his demons of the Underworld of Nav. I wrote this Codex under some stress at the time...so I am amazed it was completed at all.

I promise, if I DO get a 2nd Edition out, it will be more thorough and fleshed out. If you have any other questions please ask!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Celticgamer wrote:I didn't make it too clear in this 1st Edition sorry! Hopefully, I can make a 2nd Edition of it soon to clarify, but the 'Kulduny' Class also falls into the Witch category as well. This just requires a simple Alignment change and obviously an allegiance to Czernobog and his demons of the Underworld of Nav. I wrote this Codex under some stress at the time...so I am amazed it was completed at all.

I promise, if I DO get a 2nd Edition out, it will be more thorough and fleshed out. If you have any other questions please ask!
Thank you for the quick response.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:
Celticgamer wrote:I didn't make it too clear in this 1st Edition sorry! Hopefully, I can make a 2nd Edition of it soon to clarify, but the 'Kulduny' Class also falls into the Witch category as well. This just requires a simple Alignment change and obviously an allegiance to Czernobog and his demons of the Underworld of Nav. I wrote this Codex under some stress at the time...so I am amazed it was completed at all.

Thank you for the quick response.

R-

Rgr that, thanks for the quick response and explanation!

I don't have my PDFs here at work, so I'll have to look up the Kuldny class when I get home. However, if it is the one that has the ability to (if I remember correctly on how you put it) to travel up and down the tree for their alignment. I can see it as being a good basis for the witch. I can't remember if it had any evil eye & curses type abilities in the class, but if not, that is easy enough to staple onto it as an NPC class.

As for the quality of the book, I think you did a good job on it and all the other ones ! Love all of them so far, and hopefully one day you will get to put out the books for the mid east & Asia, and I'll whine until you do one for the steeps and Transoxania regions ! ;)
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Ok, I have my pdfs. I was thinking of the other class.

You know I think the Germanic Halirunia , that plus an evil eye ability and some malicious trappings and the witch is covered.

Again thanks

C&C Society

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

No problem! As soon as I did reply, this forum went offline, so I couldn't look back for your own...I hope it clarified details a bit. The Halifuna can suffice too as the early Eastern Germans and Slavs lived side-by-side and their traditions were blurred. The Goths had said that the Huns were spawned from the eastern swamps and witches, and were monstrous. This gives plenty of leeway in the Slavic Witch idea on the mythic level to play with if you want.