I like my dragons to be varied in form.

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

I like my dragons to be varied in form.

Post by slimykuotoan »

I got tired of the 'reds look like this, blues have horns like...' of 3.5, and now much prefer dragons of all shapes and sizes.

Possibly a post that doesn't open up much in the way of discussion, but it's the way I feel, and feelings matter dammit!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I have no qualms with dragons looking different ways, though when asked for an iconic image, one is likely to get the scaled winged guy that is known as "western dragon." That little guy you have in the image is a Lung.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

See what I mean!!!

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Dragons were pretty uniform in appearance before 3e. You could look at a line art pic and tell the difference in them by body style.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I love the look of the western dragons, particularly the Elmore dragons which for the most part all look the same regardless of color. Love 'em.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

bighara
Ulthal

Post by bighara »

My players just ambushed by a Blue. The mini I had painted up is pretty standard looking (I used Reaper's Dragon of Fire and green-stuffed a horn onto its snout.) and I played it pretty much by the book. It was the first time I ran a C&C dragon so I didn't want to add complications.

The cleric/fighter and the rogue/wizard were nearly dead, but some good use of illusions byt the fighter/illusionist kept it distracted for a bit. In the end, the PCs drove it off (it lost about 70% of its HP before fleeing). The party is tracking it to its lair now.

One of the things I sometimes do is mix it up in terms of things like breath weapons. i.e. a Red that breathes frost, etc. It can really keep a party hopping when they've prepped things like Protection from Fire.
“Style is the perfection of a point of view.”

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Omote wrote:
I love the look of the western dragons, particularly the Elmore dragons which for the most part all look the same regardless of color. Love 'em.

-O

Hear hear. I love Elmore to begin with, but his dragons are how I still look at dragons to this day! Of course it helps that my first exposure to rpgs was through the Mentzer Basic and Expert sets.
Sorry slimy!

But your view of dragons are just fine! There's nothing the matter with viewing them how you want. A different take on things is always good!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I miss catfish looking black dragons.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I miss them, too. They were tasty, though they did give some nasty heartburn.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: I like my dragons to be varied in form.

Post by gideon_thorne »

I like my dragons deep fried with a side of mashed potatoes and cheese sauce. Damn, now I'm hungry.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

Dragons are best when BBQ'ed! With a side of hushpuppies and potato salad of course.

Warden of the Welk Wood

Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society

The Poster formerly known as Alwyn

Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"
http://www.cncsociety.org/
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood
Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society
The Poster formerly known as Alwyn
Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

http://www.cncsociety.org/

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My dragons look pretty standard, there will be individual differences if I think they may have a recurring role in my campaign. Usually they only make one or two appearances before dying. So not worth "custom individualization". However I have always used "western" and "eastern" dragons, and now I even use TLG's "miasmal" dragons.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.