Help converting Deathlocks required.

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Andhaira
Mist Elf

Help converting Deathlocks required.

Post by Andhaira »

Can someone give me tips on how to convert Deathlocks from D&D 3e and D&D 4e to C&C? (they are called deathlock wights in 4e)

Thanks.

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Deathlock Wight

NO. ENCOUNTERED: 2d4

SIZE: Medium

HD: 4 (d12)

MOVE: 30 ft.

AC: 16

ATTACKS: 2 Claw (1d4 necrotic) or Grave Bolt 1d6 (necrotic + stun)

SPECIAL: Create Spawn, Necrotic Damage, Dark Vision 60ft., Horrific Visage

SAVES: M

INT: Average

ALIGNMENT: Lawful Evil

TYPE: Undead (Extraordinary)

TREASURE: 5

XP: 140+4

Necrotic Damage: All damage done cannot be healed unless the healer (magical or non-magical) makes a WIS check at CL 4 per attempted healing. Potions for these purposes would be considered level 7.

Create Spawn: per wight

Horrific Visage: The Deathlock wight presence is so frightful, when first encountered everyone needs to be make a CL 4 CHA save or be at -2 to hit and -2 to AC for the encounter due to a fear effect.

Grave Bolt: A combination of foul undead magic and dark arcane magic give this monstrosity a blast of necrotic energy they can use at will. Range 20. When hit, character makes a CON save at cl4 or they are stunned. This effect lasts until they save. They get a save every round. The save happens free at the beginning of their turn.

My version.

-George Washington

Andhaira
Mist Elf

Post by Andhaira »

Thats great but one thing:

-Gravebolt seems too powerful. Maybe change it so it does damage instead of stunning. Say 1d6 pts of damage per hit. And limit the deathlock to 4 uses of gravebolt per day or something. (in 3e deathlocks usually cast magic missile)

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Feel free! I just did straight conversion from 4e, reducing damage slightly, but other than that did not try making any judgment calls on power.

Looking at it again, however, the Grave Bolt does not stun, it immobilizes. I might model the 'immobilization' to just say that the opponent cannot move, but still attack, and gets a CL 4 save every round.

-George Washington