Crusader Companion by Peter Shroeder

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Crusader Companion by Peter Shroeder

Post by Lurker »

I'm not sure if everyone paid attention to the e-mail yesterday, but the society hung the Crusader Companion by Peter Shroeder.

I downloaded it yesterday and have glanced through it today. Good stuff!!! I can't say I'll use 100% of it, but wow lots of ideas, races, classes etc!

Thanks for posting it for everyone!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Re: Crusader Companion by Peter Shroeder

Post by cuchulainkevin »

Truth be told, if the Trolls and Mr Schroder tightened up the text a bit, removed the monsters and such, and turning it into an 128 page hardcover, I'd buy it. The class construction stuff is that good and something Ive been hoping the Trolls would put out for years now.

Its that good.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

I am glad you like it; I had been meaning to post it on the Society site for some time now. Peter put a crapton of work into that thing, and as you can see, there are many contributions from all over the place. A great fan-made project worth bringing to the gaming table.

I would like to see a big compilation of adventures next.....

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Well, I'm weak on making adventures. However, one think I like (this will be no surprise if you've read any of my character write ups) is the meaning of names. If it is something you would be interested in, I could start working through the name lists and researching what the name means. I already have an extensive, but way incomplete, list of old English names.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

Glad you guys dig it, but my last name is being mangled. There is a c after the S :P
Sometime in the near future there will be a small update, a couple more races and some Bard variant classes.

Frost
Beer Giant Jarl

Post by Frost »

This thing is freakin' amazing. Thanks, Peter!

zacharythefirst
Red Cap

Post by zacharythefirst »

Ditto. Fantastic work. Really enjoying mining ideas from it.
Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
-Tennyson

Gundoggy
Ungern

Post by Gundoggy »

I've perused the 2 versions. I've noticed the 2nd version is missing quite a few spells on Wizard Spell list, example the Disjunction Spell is not on the list yet is described.

Also noted the monsters in the up to date version seems to follow the 3.5E version of Type VI Demons and Pit Fiends....20 hit dice monstrosities. I kind of liked the 2 versions in the first work.

Is the 2nd version still a work in progress??

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

I've perused the 2 versions. I've noticed the 2nd version is missing quite a few spells on Wizard Spell list, example the Disjunction Spell is not on the list yet is described.
Disjunction is a spell from the Player's Handbook. It's leftover from when I was including official material. If you find any more stragglers, please let me know.
Also noted the monsters in the up to date version seems to follow the 3.5E version of Type VI Demons and Pit Fiends....20 hit dice monstrosities. I kind of liked the 2 versions in the first work.
Ya, at some point I was trying to trim the fat by removing duplicate materials. I had changed my mind, but the second Devils & Demons slipped by me. I'll get them back in there soon.
Is the 2nd version still a work in progress??
All versions are. Every time I think I have everything fixed, I find more stuff to add.

EDIT: Missing material re-added.

area_51_games
Skobbit

Post by area_51_games »

wow maybe if they broke it up into 128 books version 1,2, and 3.
I think its Great and very helpful with different types including the Sorcerer. Witch my Daughter was missing due to our conversion from 3.0 to Castles and Crusades.
I think that you should put out some fan work guys and this is very good stuff, maybe call it "Unearthed Compendium " or Alternative Crusades - LoL
but know if you print it up I do not have to go all the way to Columbus to Fed ex office print shop and print it up !
it cost me 7 cents a page!

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Crusader Companion by Peter Schroeder

Post by alcyone »

<double posted... weird...>
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Crusader Companion by Peter Schroeder

Post by alcyone »

I was looking over this again the other night. Just an awesome resource. I think quite a few questions that come across these forums could be answered with "Look at the Crusaders Companion, page XX".

I'm a fan of the Marksman; I always feel archers get the short end of the stick.

I'd consider running a game with no set classes and just using the class-building rules set out in the book.

A handy addition would be a nice checklist form that listed all of the sections so you can quickly fill it out and hand to your players so they know what sections you allow at your table.

Are you prohibited from making this available as a hardcover?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

I think quite a few questions that come across these forums could be answered with "Look at the Crusaders Companion, page XX".
It'll be awhile before the page numbers will stick, I've been doing some heavy editing the last few weeks, fixing typos, incorrect conversions, layout inconsistencies, etc. As soon as I'm pretty confident that it's error free, I'll slap a version number on it, and move on to inserting more material.

I plan on adding some tech stuff (Airships, Mechs, etc.), every monster from the Tome of Horrors 2 & 3, the last of the spells from the SRD, random weather, mounted combat, race and monster creation, about 100 more classes, and a few more races.
A handy addition would be a nice checklist form that listed all of the sections so you can quickly fill it out and hand to your players so they know what sections you allow at your table.
I can probably work something like that up as an appendix in the back of the book.

Wordwarrior
Mist Elf

Post by Wordwarrior »

Seems all the word document links are dead. Anyone have this in anything besides PDF? I'd like to yoink the bits I want to use and put them in an rtf. of Bat in the attic games Blackmarsh campaign setting, to make a little booklet for my new C&C game I'm starting up. Thanks in advance, to anyone who can help.

Peter
Red Cap

Post by Peter »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtrmyhln798mn ... odt?v=0mcn

Note: It is in kind of a messy state right now, going to wrap it up sometime this year.

Wordwarrior
Mist Elf

Post by Wordwarrior »

Hey, thanks a bunch Peter! I really appreciate all the work you've done (and all the contributers work, as well!) on this great book. I come back to this thing, again and again when I run my games. :)