Looking for players in the Detroit area.

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
greenbadge
Hlobane Orc

Looking for players in the Detroit area.

Post by greenbadge »

Looking for players to play some Castles and Crusaders.(D&D 1st edition feel). A little about our group, we have 2 PC and 1 GM. We meet twice a month on Saturday Night in Novi. The average age of our group is 43. We play to have a good time and try to capture the feel of the games we use to play when we were teenagers. If you have any questions or would like more info you can e-mail me or send me an PM

Thanks, greenbadge

cinabro
Red Cap

Re: Looking for players in the Detroit area.

Post by cinabro »

As the CK for the group let me point you to these viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11014 viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2456 threads for an indication how I run things. The new campaign, which is just starting, is set in the same home brew world and is in another location starting over again at low levels. The new one is a mash up of Call of Cthulhu, Dashiell Hammett, and old school D&D.

gkramer1
Henchman

Post by gkramer1 »

Hello,

I wanted to introduce myself as another C&C player right in your area -- I live in Farmington.

I currently am CK for an online group that plays approximately monthly via Skype/Maptool. So right now I couldn't commit to joining another group full time.

That said, I'd love to meet and play an in-person session. Whether it was a one-shot, or, maybe play an NPC for one of your sessions, or anything like that. I'm an old-school gamer from AD&D 1st edition days, so I think I'm in your demographic :-)

Thanks,
Greg K

Warunsun
Hlobane Orc

Post by Warunsun »

My group is in Monroe County which is basically between Detroit and Toledo (Ohio). At the moment our game activities are centered in the Monroe Township and Village of Dundee areas. Our two groups are pretty full at the moment because we recently put out flyers at local game stores looking for players plus we called up some of the folks we used to game with in days of old.

Our group was RPGA Network sanctioned by TSR, Inc. and then later Wizards of the Coast and we ran game days and conventions for Living City, Living Greyhawk, and many other tournaments from 1996 through 2006 as the Old Oeridians. For the last several years we have been doing ordinary home campaigns in fantasy locations such as the World of Greyhawk, Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, Dark Sun, DragonLance, Eberron, the Forgotten Realms, Goodman Game's Áereth, SpellJammer, and also Darkness Reigns: The Shadow Realms created locally. We prefer to play on Saturdays. Usually from four to eight hours at a time every other weekend. Right now we have no smokers in the group but have had them in the past. We have adults only in our group: 18 years or older with reliable transportation.

If anyone on the message board lives in the Monroe area feel free to send me a personal message. Our two games at the moment are a traditional Forgotten Realms (1369 DR Year of the Gauntlet) and a somewhat nontraditional Planescape/Spelljammer crossover using the 4E cosmology of the Astral Sea. Both games are using the Castles & Crusades rule-set.