View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
StarSiEGE - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SOCIETY 
Ulthal

Post StarSiEGE - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SOCIETY
Legal considerations aside for the moment let me say the following.

StarSIEGE (in its current form) will be produced by TLG. It will be for sale direct only at first and later through distribution.

Here is the kicker, TLG covers the costs of production (though we are looking for volunteers for art) and contribute all the proceeds to the C&C Society.

The Society and its officers, get to decide what to do with the money.

This will be onle of several projects like this.

So lets get rolling.

Davis

Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:36 pm
Mogrl

Will it be a license-supported game? I mean, can people create "add-ons" for it? Basically, I'm thinking a Guide to the Galaxies... sort of a monstrous manual for the outer rims of nullspace...

^ Ignore.

Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:09 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Post Re: StarSiEGE - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SOCIETY
Quote:
cleaverthepit wrote:
Legal considerations aside for the moment let me say the following.

StarSIEGE (in its current form) will be produced by TLG. It will be for sale direct only at first and later through distribution.

Here is the kicker, TLG covers the costs of production (though we are looking for volunteers for art) and contribute all the proceeds to the C&C Society.

The Society and its officers, get to decide what to do with the money.

This will be onle of several projects like this.

So lets get rolling.

Davis

Great project. Great idea.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:44 am

I need to go over all the possible manifestations with Steve, but the idea is that the C&C Society, with our support, gets to do some projects to raise money for the society. However, we can't create something that will completely undermine TLGs ability to survive as a company. Yet, the C&CS needs money and support and A MISSION. So ,in dhort, i see no reason why not at this point.

I need to go over details and such with Steve and the lawyer but we will get it all figured out.

Davis

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:02 pm
Mogrl

Of course. I would not wish to see TLG undermined, which is one reason, among others, that I have pulled all my stuff from the web. I was simply curious, as the proposal was "as-is," and that, to me, means "unfinished, with great potential." If it could be expanded, I believe, in the long run, it would be better... and more marketable, especially now, and then.

TLG needs to get the CK screens out, finish the CKG, show-off the Yggsburgh project, and let the CZ volumes flow! Lots of greatness a-waiting in the near-ether. Having the CCS doing something (at least, allowed to gather its own feet) would greatly assist TLG in its other endeavors. Hell, the CCS should have its own "quarterly report" in the Crusader, too.

To that end, the idea is fully supported by this Lords' Paladin.

^ Ignore.

Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]