It All Begins (Again) Tonight!

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
Zudrak
Lore Drake

It All Begins (Again) Tonight!

Post by Zudrak »

After over a month of planning and scheduling, my players are coming over tonight for some good old-fashioned Castles & Crusades player character generation. I was able to snag five players for the group this time around, so there will be the four archetype classes and maybe one other class, unless two folks decide to play fighters. I'll be refereeing a mish-mash of C&C, AD&D 1E, and C.S. Perkins' "AD&D 3E" along with a few d20 and 2E AD&D mechanics thrown in where I feel they do things best. I haven't nailed all of them down yet and will probably do most of it "on the fly."

Work is going very slow so far today because of the antici...

pation. ;)

If we do any sort of preliminary gaming, that will be a bonus. After that, we will (hopefully) schedule our first gaming session. It feels so good!

Happy gaming,
Zudrak
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: It All Begins (Again) Tonight!

Post by Rigon »

Have fun, Z.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I see you shiver with...antici........pation! I finally missed Rocky Horror for the first time in 22 years last year.

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

Say it.
Say It!
SAY IT!

Have a great time man!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Last night turned out pretty much as I felt it would: a cacophony of players trying to decide who would play what, no one wanting to be the first to select a class, me going over house rules and various gaming books to offer ideas, chit-chat as I caught up with my brother-in-law, pretzel chips that my sister brought along with potato chips and her home-made veggie dip (plenty left over - huzzah!), and finally, a yellow cake with chocolate chips in the batter and cream cheese icing that my (non-gamer) wife made for our guests. Once my son (10) decided that he wanted to be his usual (fighter), that led to my sister (thief) and her boyfriend (wizard) picking their usuals, followed by my brother-in-law (grognard like me) taking cleric as he kept proposing he would pick last since he's played almost everything.

I kept running down to the basement shelves to grab sourcebooks my sister and her b/f were quizzing me on until I finally found the Thief's 2E book she had left with my stuff a few years ago. It was cool. I felt like some sort of gamer sage. After the dining room table had three stacks of books on it, my BIL remarked, "Nothing like going for C&C to scale the game back and using 100 books to clutter it all up again!" :lol: I'm not using most of what we brought out other than for inspiration as the four players (one player could not make it, last minute) started piecing their PC's together. At last, they rolled for their attributes. By 9:30, we wrapped up and our guests went on their way -- full of ideas and cake!

We cannot start gaming until July as my sister is in three weddings this month (two on the same day!), but that gives my cousin time to come over and make his PC with the advantage that he can be whatever he wants. Once we get rolling, I'll try to post some sort of campaign journal here. Tentatively, we will start the weekend after July 4th. For now, I'll post the party members so far:

Alkyir Kleaork, human fighter
Laurelin Morwen, halfling thief
Scashblah the Rude, elven wizard
Durek Lockerhelm, dwarven cleric
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Always good to hear a new game is up and running. Enjoy it, cartoon brother.