View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Castles & Crusades SIX on Kickstarter 
Ulthal

Post Castles & Crusades SIX on Kickstarter
Castles & Crusades is celebrating its 10th year in print. By a twist of fate our three central books, the Three Sisters as we like to call them, the Players Handbook, Monsters & Treasure and the Castle Keepers Guide have all sold out. We have to get them back into print and do it now. To do this, we need your help.

Funding Goal: If we hit our funding goal of 15k, we'll print the Players Handbook in full color and the Monsters & Treasure and the Castle Keepers Guide in black and white. We've cleaned the text up a little (not much necessary after 10 years), clarified some spells, but we've altered the format to make it more user friendly. The font is larger and layout more open, bringing the book to 192 total pages. We did all this without increasing the price.

To help us maintain and improve one of the industry's most stable, long running RPGs, follow the link below!

Castles & Crusades Kickstarter

But what we really want to do with this Kickstarter, is print all Three Sisters in full color. We are way past the time that the MT and CKG should be in color. To do that we are going to have to unlock some major stretch Rewards and will need all the help you can offer.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

Post Re: Castles & Crusades SIX on Kickstarter
How 'bout some TL RPG dice sets as extras?

House Rules

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:57 pm
Ulthal

Been out evangelizing, I mean spreading the word, Tim.

http://platonicsolid.blogspot.com/2014/ ... three.html

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:20 pm
Ulthal

Arduin wrote:
How 'bout some TL RPG dice sets as extras?

Dice would be a great thing, except we are about out of those as well. We have some earmarked for previous orders and some on order for the previous Kickstarter I believe, but we are running low. Guess we need to think about ordering those!

Thu May 01, 2014 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Eisenmann wrote:
Been out evangelizing, I mean spreading the word, Tim.

http://platonicsolid.blogspot.com/2014/ ... three.html

Awesome! Thanks so much, we really appreciate it! I'll give your blog a shout out today on twitter, etc.

Thu May 01, 2014 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Trollzah! We have made it to $15,000! Now the hard work begins to get Monsters & Treasure into print. That's at $25,000 but we have some great stretch goals along the way to there. Along with an awesome C&C poster, two of the original creators of C&C have products that have been out of production for years. They are both being printed if we make the goals AND they are going to be personally signed by the creators, Mac Golden and Davis Chenault. See here for more details: http://bit.ly/3siskick

Fri May 02, 2014 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

We will be updating the stretch reward map soon to reflect this, but as of late last night, we surpassed our stretch goal of $22K! That means the stretch reward adventure by Davis will be produced and signed for everyone at the $99 and above level. Now we being the long march to $25K, a very important one, this time to get Monsters & Treasure stretch goal. Exciting times around the Dens. Trollzah! http://bit.ly/3siskick

Thu May 08, 2014 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

As exciting as the pledge total is, even more exciting and heartening to us is the backer total. We passed 200 last night, and that is awesome! We are getting backers from all over the world, and the best thing about this type of thing is getting to talk to fans and to meet and welcome new people into the fold. To us, growing the game and getting more people involved is truly the greatest gift, so we want to thank all our loyal fans and welcome all the new ones. You are joining a great community of gamers and friends! Please help spread the word: http://bit.ly/3siskick

Thu May 08, 2014 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

I know you guys see this a lot, but what you've done with the d20 system is great. You've captured the old school feel and were able to use "new school" math. I am very pleased with cnc and recommend it to all my d20 playing friends :)

Sun May 11, 2014 4:27 pm
Ulthal

jdizzy -- Thanks so much for the kind words and the support! Very cool, and much appreciated. :-) Tim

Tue May 13, 2014 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Trollzah! Last evening we made the stretch goal of $25K to get Monsters & Treasure in color! Thanks so much for everyone's support, but we aren't done yet. We really want to get all Three Sisters in color, so we are working our way toward the Castle Keepers Guide. But along the way we have many rewards and surprises so check out the new map and let's Kick this Starter into high gear! http://bit.ly/3siskick

Tue May 13, 2014 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

Are we going to have these at GenCon, Tim? Great news!

Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 pm
Ulthal

Trollzah! We have passed another stretch reward! Mortality of Green revised and revisited AND signed! http://bit.ly/3siskick

Thu May 15, 2014 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

tylermo wrote:
Are we going to have these at GenCon, Tim? Great news!

That is the utmost hope, that it will be there and that you will be there too! :-)

Thu May 15, 2014 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

I hope to know soon when my children start school again (in August), and I'm working on a possible carpool from Missouri to Indiana. Otherwise, I think we're halfway or more on the road to GenCon.

Sun May 18, 2014 2:32 am
Skobbit

What part of Missouri? I cannot make GenCon this year (Boo! :( ), but my friend in the Kansas City area was talking about driving out there.

Wed May 21, 2014 1:11 pm
Ulthal

Trollzah! We blasted through not one, but two stretch goals yesterday! The secret door contained 2 d6 dice with special logo and the digital index of the three sister books. We've still got some great goals to reach however, and we are close to the 300 backer goal. See more here: http://bit.ly/cnc5212014

Wed May 21, 2014 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

BREAKING NEWS: If we break 300 backers by this Wednesday May 21 evening, midnight CST, we will give everyone backing the Castles & Crusades Kickstarter a free digital copy of A Lion in the Ropes! So if you have been on the fence or know of someone who is, get in today and get a free adventure tomorrow! http://bit.ly/cnc5212014

Wed May 21, 2014 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Beer Giant Jarl

timburns wrote:
... we've altered the format to make it more user friendly. The font is larger and layout more open, bringing the book to 192 total pages. We did all this without increasing the price.

So, just to clarify, the new format is really just sort of cosmetic? That is, things aren't re-ordered or anything, etc?

The Dungeoneering Dad

Sat May 24, 2014 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

I wasn't aware until the latest newsletter that Traveller was hired in an official capacity to clean up the core books. His personal views on Basic D&D notwithstanding, that is something that pushes me closer to backing this. I think if he is heeded the books will be worth the upgrade.

Sat May 24, 2014 7:36 pm
Ulthal

Correct, there are no "major changes" to rules, etc. Errata is being added, new layout, easier to read pages and a coherent scheme among the three major books, the PH, MT and CKG are being done as well.

Tue May 27, 2014 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

Aergraith wrote:
I wasn't aware until the latest newsletter that Traveller was hired in an official capacity to clean up the core books. His personal views on Basic D&D notwithstanding, that is something that pushes me closer to backing this. I think if he is heeded the books will be worth the upgrade.

He isn't getting to change the rules. It is simply errata, spelling and the like. He wasn't hired to clean up. He was hired to implement what has been already ID'd.

House Rules

Tue May 27, 2014 8:55 pm
Lore Drake

I wasn't all that interested in getting the CKG as there is precious little I'd use it for and I've already got the first printing copy. But, I've gone ahead and upped my pledge level to the $99 level anyway.

Why? Even without the modules (That I also have little interest in.) the other stretch goals have made it worthy to get. (I'll admit to having all three books looking uniform is a factor, and it looks as though the CKG will get the full colour look. Just a couple of days ago I had my doubts.)

Now I'm hoping that it will reach the 400 backer mark.

Tue May 27, 2014 9:08 pm
Lore Drake

Went zooming past the $40,000 to just a little over $41,000.

Congrats on the best TLG Kickstarter, to date.

Let's hope that 400 pledgers is next on that list. Getting Elemental Magic would be very cool.

Tue May 27, 2014 10:42 pm
Ulthal

Sir Ironside wrote:
Went zooming past the $40,000 to just a little over $41,000.

Congrats on the best TLG Kickstarter, to date.

Let's hope that 400 pledgers is next on that list. Getting Elemental Magic would be very cool.

The Kickstarter had its best day since the beginning yesterday, soaring up past 43K. Very exciting! And only about 12 or so backers from 400 and about $1,600 from Aufstrag. Plus a few more surprises are on the horizon... http://bit.ly/3siskick

Wed May 28, 2014 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

timburns wrote:
The Kickstarter had its best day since the beginning yesterday, soaring up past 43K. Very exciting! And only about 12 or so backers from 400 and about $1,600 from Aufstrag. Plus a few more surprises are on the horizon... http://bit.ly/3siskick

Even if you get the 12 backers to make 400 at the $99 pledge level, it'll still fall short of the $45,000 needed for Aufstrag. (Would still need $421. Five more backers at the $99 pledge level would push it over the top.)

Let's hope there is another push in the last few days.

Wed May 28, 2014 4:08 pm
Ungern

I have a question in regards to the custom flash drive. Does that mean that if one buys a level with print books only, that they will receive a digital copy for free??

Thu May 29, 2014 10:41 pm
Red Cap

Gundoggy wrote:
I have a question in regards to the custom flash drive. Does that mean that if one buys a level with print books only, that they will receive a digital copy for free??

You only get the flash drive with $99 and above levels - I believe all of those include digital...

Fri May 30, 2014 1:22 am
Ulthal

Kickstarter Poll: As you know, we are offering a Dice Cup at $50K and we hope to get there today. But we need your help in deciding which one. Vote for which one you like best: http://bit.ly/1oD9YWl

Fri May 30, 2014 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

Am I wrong in thinking that the skinny cup seems to have a liner of some sort, whereas the round cup does not?

I'll always vote in favour of a cup with a liner.

Edit: You have two pictures of the "Add-on" graphic (One including the mug and one not including the mug.). The one that includes the mug has taken over where the "Stretch Goals" graphic used to be.

Fri May 30, 2014 7:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next