View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Con Quest 2006, bloodymage's summer gaming excursion 
Hlobane Orc

Post Con Quest 2006, bloodymage's summer gaming excursion
Itinerary:

CA99 to I80E to

Salt Lake City UT, CONduit, 5/26-5/28 CANCELLED

I80E to I39N to I43N to

Lake Geneva WI, LGGC, 6/9-6/11

Schmoozing with Gary

WI50E to WI32S to IL131S to

Waukegan IL, schmoozing with KenzerCo

IL41S to I94S to I57S to I24E to

Nashville TN, HyperiCon II, 6/23-25

I65N to I71N to

Columbus OH, Origins, 6/28-7/2

I70W to

Indianapolis IN, InConJunction, 7/7-79 (CONvegence MN same weekend, more driving)
Open date: 7/14-7/16
Open date: 7/21-7/23

I70W to I44W to

Tulsa OK, Conestoga 10, 7/28-7/30

OK75S to I40E to

Little Rock AR, schmoozing with the Trolls

AR67N to

Maynard AR via Pocahontas AR, visit stepmom

AR67N to MO60E to I57N to I70E to

Indianapolis IN, GenConIndy, 8/10-8/thirteen (damned smiley codes!)
Open date: 8/18-8/20

I74W to I39N to

JVL-Con VIII, Janesville WI, 8/25-8/27 CANCELLED, date open
Open date: 9/1-9/4, Labor Day weekend

I had CopperCon 26 in AZ for Labor Day weekend, but found out it's a literary con, no gaming. I'd like a replacment con for that date out West, outside of California.

So, if anyone is on the way in my travels, give a shout.

If I've missed any cons or any of these are sucky, I'd like to know. Also, I've tried to avoid toll roads as much as possible, but I may have missed some ways around, others are simply not easily avoidable. Any navigation tips would be appreciated.

Departure date is May 25th (revised). I'll be online and phone available the whole trip, barring a few dead zones.

Still missing a camper shell and the $ for it, but Limbo should open its gates any day now, though it's not guaranteed to be timely. I have over a grand floating out there that no one's seen! Half of it belongs to my ex, but California went from a county-wide to state-wide disbursement system and I'm stuck in the transition!
Departure date revised to on or about 6/2. Should have shell on 1st.

Polyhedron Games LLC Secret Stash
Polyhedron Game's Complete Gaming Store
Death to all PCs Image

Mon May 22, 2006 2:38 pm
Ungern

That's an ambitious itinerary! Souds like fun.

TheGMsSweetheart and I will see you at LGGC, and will be there, but likely not see you at GenCon . While our rooms are full at both locales as of today, that might change, specifically for GenCon. We've had a few cancelations this year.

Let's chat at LGGC, and we can exchange cell numbers, then when GenCon comes you can give me a ring and we can meet up (we'll be there from Sunday until Sunday, we have another gaming gig going on Sunday to Wednesday in the same hotel).

Good luck with your trip, and we'll catch you in Lake Geneva!

Don.

Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Hlobane Orc

Will do, Don. I have an offer of room space for LGGC, but I am concerned about Origins and especially GenCon. I'll be living out of my camper shell most of the time, but a room at the cons is almost a must for this old goat! I've promised myself at least one hot meal a day, a motel one night a week (barring other hospitality) and I do intend to stay in hotels for the cons. Most are not a problem to reserve space, but I heard GenCon was full twelve days after last year's con!

Btw, if you'll have me, I'd love to get in on your Sunday to Wednesday gig. That will be in Nordalia I presume? I believe that campaign is 3.5 if I recall your previous posts on other boards correctly. I usually don't go near TETSNBN games. I won't run in that system, but I might acede to playing especially if I can experience your setting.

Death to all PCs Image

Fri May 26, 2006 6:20 pm
Mogrl

Yeah, it's looking like I'm gonna be at LGGC, but there's no way on Earth I'm making GenCon this year, unless the Trolls decide I'm worth it... and say "sure!"

^ Ignore.

Fri May 26, 2006 6:22 pm
Hlobane Orc

Well, this trip may have been a little to ambitious considering the fix I'm in. First of July, I'll be OK but right now I'm stranded in Adair, Iowa! Ten bucks in my pocket, fumes in the gas tank and food for a day or two. Other than that, everything's peachy! I put in a call to my ex for some $; dunno if she has any available and I'm using the phone she'd call me on as a modem, running down the battery.

I missed CONDuit and now I'm missing Lake Geneva because $150 wouldn't get me there from Elko, NV. Adair is as far as I've gone. Next stop should be Hypericon In TN after a stop at the KenzerCo offoces on the way. Then it's Origins just at the end of the month. I should be there when my coffer fills again.

Guess I'll go raid my ice box and chill a bit here in lovely Adair

Death to all PCs Image

Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:49 pm
Mogrl

If you decide to come through AZ on I-10 let me know. I am about 30 miles south of I-10 on HWY 191 after you get out of Wilcox. If nothing else you can hole up with us for a day or two. Play some C&C, Spades, whatever.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:10 pm
Hlobane Orc

Thanks Treebore. I was looking for something out west for the end of my trip. A couple o' days gaming in AZ will do the trick nicely.As to the other financial matter, no sweat. Gamers. as a class, are not wealthy people and life certainly gets in the way of what we might want to do.

Death to all PCs Image

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:24 pm
Ungern

bloodymage wrote:
Btw, if you'll have me, I'd love to get in on your Sunday to Wednesday gig. That will be in Nordalia I presume? I believe that campaign is 3.5 if I recall your previous posts on other boards correctly. I usually don't go near TETSNBN games. I won't run in that system, but I might acede to playing especially if I can experience your setting.

We've had enough cancelations to our annual get-together that I think we might have floor-space for you in the hotel at GenCon. Lemme double-check and I'll let you know.

No, we play 3.5 occasionally, but it's not the right system for Nordalia (which is magic-light). It's currently mixed HM and C&C, with most of it being C&C, and all the games at the pre-GenCon thing being C&C.

We're going to start our gaming fun with the death of a Nordalian deity, and then let the party try and stop the perps from killing more. Some settings this would be no big deal, but deities are nigh-on impossible for mortals to kill in Nordalia - it's never happened. So for our setting, it's been fun to watch people sweat over the "what if it's my character's deity?" .

email me at: dm at nordalia dot com, and I'll shoot you my cell phone number so you can find us when you hit Indianapolis.

Hope your trip is getting better!

Don.

Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]